• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @DragonflyJonez: Only time I'd pick Melo over KD is if I needed someone to help me get a stuck honey bun from the vending machine.

RT @DragonflyJonez: And even then I'm not really sure. Melo is heavier so he could bang on the machine but KD got that reach so he could tilt it over so idk.

#dead

i don't know anything about exum

I refuse to follow hoop summit standouts and overseas guys in general

is he legit or what

I've only seen a couple of his games (I can't find most of his games from over the Summer), but his physical tools and shot creation skills looked great while the rest of his game seemed super raw. The games I have watched, he looked worse than James Harden on defense, but I'm not sure whether or not that's him being bad at defense or the fact that he was Australia's entire offense and had to go hard on offense for the entire game. He seems risky because he's raw and hasn't played that much, but he could be YNB-tier and that's definitely worth a top 4 pick despite the risk.

RT @DragonflyJonez: Only time I'd pick Melo over KD is if I needed someone to help me get a stuck honey bun from the vending machine.

RT @DragonflyJonez: And even then I'm not really sure. Melo is heavier so he could bang on the machine but KD got that reach so he could tilt it over so idk.

#dead

Corny.

TylerD

More than a little salty that I'm not getting to watch KD dominate at the Peake this season. The money being deposited to my Pay Pal from my roommate for ticket sales helps though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wolves stumping for Pekovic to join Love on the all star team

dal_a_bbts_600x400.jpg

The album cover features an artist's rendering of Pekovic and Love dressed as the famed Blues Brothers and labeled "All-Star Edition." Some of the songs on Pekovic's side of the album include "It was only a Pek" and "I'm Still Learning English." One track is written in Serbian and loosely translated to read "Meat Is the Best."

The package sent to coaches also includes a poster with many of Pekovic's accomplishments -- he leads the league in second-chance points and points in the paint -- and touts he and Love as one of the NBA's "best duets." It also includes a letter from Wolves president Flip Saunders.

Amazing

So apparently last night the Nets announcers talked to Lowry and they quoted him as saying "I love Toronto, I want to stay a raptor. This team is going to be really good in a few years."

Then at the game Masai was talking to Lowry's agent.

Then after the game Lowry and Ujiri sealed the deal with a bro hug.

BfCQ_nJCMAARKDu.jpg

That ESPN quote yesterday saying he was getting traded didn't actually involve any of the relevant parties, just cited "feelings" from unnamed, unconnected sources.

Bro hugs are binding under the new CBA. He's so getting extended.

Lillard and Aldridge both deserve to make it even if it means CP3 can't go. I wonder if we'll see a PG take Kobe's spot or if they'll give it to Harden.

Edit: all this time, I assumed Ujiri was Japanese.

Omzz

So apparently last night the Nets announcers talked to Lowry and they quoted him as saying "I love Toronto, I want to stay a raptor. This team is going to be really good in a few years."

I'm going to choose to believe this

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @sam_amick: LeBron on whether the one-on-one faceoff w/ Kevin Durant Wed. is secondary challenge of Heat-OKC: "It's not secondary, it's first-dary."

Lebron already setting himself up for failure.

KingGondo

Banned
RT @sam_amick: LeBron on whether the one-on-one faceoff w/ Kevin Durant Wed. is secondary challenge of Heat-OKC: "It's not secondary, it's first-dary."

Lebron already setting himself up for failure.
Both "first-dary" and "Thrilli Vanilli" need to somehow be in February's OT title.

Heat will put an unholy beatdown on OKC.
No.

But Miami will probably win. I doubt we've changed our strategy against them (try to go big initially and control the boards) and even if we have, I doubt we'll tip our hand in a meaningless regular season game without YNB.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

BfCQ_nJCMAARKDu.jpg

That ESPN quote yesterday saying he was getting traded didn't actually involve any of the relevant parties, just cited "feelings" from unnamed, unconnected sources.

Bro hugs are binding under the new CBA. He's so getting extended.

Works for me.

Can we now call ourselves the new Atlanta Hawks of the Eastern conference?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Attention Knicks-GAF (or, NYC-GAF, I should say).

Boss gave me 2 tickets to tonight's knicks games. Because of the work given to me by said boss, I don't think I'll be able to go. If anyone is interested (free to you), shoot me a PM. Only catch is that you have to tell me my favorite NBA team (which should be easy).

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Boss gave me 2 tickets to tonight's knicks games. Because of the work given to me by said boss, I don't think I'll be able to go. If anyone is interested (free to you), shoot me a PM. Only catch is that you have to tell me my favorite NBA team (which should be easy).
The Nets?

lol ffffffff i am in town but i think i have plans tonight

Zep

Banned

Depends on what Frankman is doing. I'll only take the tickets if he goes as well.

commish

I'm pretty sure the Lakers win total, with or without a busted up Kobe, is gonna be the same. To go into full tank mode, Pau needs to go.

linsivvi

Spurs.

LOL.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers win total, with or without a busted up Kobe, is gonna be the same. To go into full tank mode, Pau needs to go.

Kobe will put up a few fraud wins. Pau's been mostly putting up meaningless stats. As long as the team stays hurt, playing Pau with 7-8 mostly D-league guys won't make much of a difference.

Although with the way he's been playing there must be some teams interested. I won't be surprised he'll be in a trade deadline day deal.

commish

Spurs.

LOL.

Die.

I still have nightmares about that Tim Duncan 3 pointer in the playoffs a few years ago. So fucking unlikely. God. How didn't we get to the finals once during our run?!!!!

Edit: Tickets have been claimed!

Die.

I still have nightmares about that Tim Duncan 3 pointer in the playoffs a few years ago. So fucking unlikely. God. How didn't we get to the finals once during our run?!!!!

Edit: Tickets have been claimed!

Seriously, I have no idea which team you root for. Suns?

Vic

Jason Friedman ‏@JasonCFriedman
James Harden is out tonight with a bruised left thumb sustained Saturday night against the Grizzlies.

Uh oh. JLin pls summon linsanity tonite

Vic

"They gave up an average of 86.0 points on 40.8 percent shooting in the four games against Portland in 2012-13. The Blazers' Nicolas Batum particularly struggled with 8.3 points per game on 30.8 percent shooting in three of those meetings, and Wesley Matthews averaged 10.3 points on 32.4 percent shooting in the three consecutive defeats.

Aldridge averaged a respectable 17.7 points in his three games against Memphis last season despite shooting 36.2 percent, his lowest against any opponent. His 15.4 lifetime scoring average versus the Grizzlies is his worst against any team.

Memphis' Zach Randolph has averaged 22.7 points on 52.9 percent shooting in seven visits to Portland. He's made 18 of 32 shots (56.3 percent) in his last three road games versus the Blazers but averaged 16.0 points.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/trail-blazers-vs-grizzlies-preview"

Gonna get that W tonight.

Spurs.

LOL.

Kobe will put up a few fraud wins. Pau's been mostly putting up meaningless stats. As long as the team stays hurt, playing Pau with 7-8 mostly D-league guys won't make much of a difference.

Although with the way he's been playing there must be some teams interested. I won't be surprised he'll be in a trade deadline day deal.

The thing is, it will be hard to move Pau simply because the Lakers won't take anything back but expirings (assuming no one gives the lakers a legit viable player right now which is exactly what I'm assuming).

His $19 million means a lot of expiring money still needs to come back and I've had trouble making trades that are realistic and work. For instance, a team like Atlanta could use him right now. I'd have to throw Lou Williams in to make the salaries work (along with Carroll) and both have 1 more year to go.

Almost seems like a third team will be necessary. The Bynum deal was the only easy deal I've seen.

Top Bottom