• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Pkaz01

I think it was meant as in a vet for cap filler. i.e. they'd take on a contact that ran into next year, but not more than that.

It would seem like a waste to get nothing for that insured okafor contract now.

I wonder if the bulls would give up noah for okafor and a couple picks?

There were rumors posted that we inquired about him. But like Woj says once those rumors come out it means the deals are dead so I don't think its a possibility.

Code:
L.A. Lakers 	16 	29 	0.356 	19.5 	9-18 	4-6 	8-11 	8-18 	2-8 	L 4
Utah 	        16 	29 	0.356 	19.5 	9-21 	3-7 	10-12 	6-17 	5-5 	W 2
Sacramento 	15 	29 	0.341 	20.0 	10-20 	2-8 	9-15 	6-14 	3-7 	L 4
the race to the bottom is going to be epic.

I think it's time to start talking about the annals of history with Durant's MVP campaign right now. He's arguably having the greatest individual season for an NBA player in the history of the sport.

Kanter averaging 14 and almost 7 rebounds a game in January on 59% shooting in 22 minutes per game.

He's averaged 19.6 points a game when he's played more than 25 minutes. His defense hasn't looked that awful either.

exarkun

Durant's team better win the 'chip this year.

yea, this. I mean, how can they not with the way hes playing, and that Kiwi is actually playing pretty well. So is Reggie Jackson (playing great actually), and lamb has picked it up. Perkins hasn't looked like ass ass ass lately so thats a huge plus.

Only thing was Kawhi stopped Durant until he hurt his hand, but other than that hes looked unguardable. Though, Lebron would fuck his shit up if it was the playoffs. When you get rough with KD, like Kawhi did, he gets frustrated pretty quick. But there are maybe three or four players who could guard him like that in the league.

Gotdamn, KD has been a beast. That last shot he was triple teamed and getting poked from all sides when he bounced up.

linsivvi

I bet Heavy is still unimpressed with Durant.

Code:
L.A. Lakers 	16 	29 	0.356 	19.5 	9-18 	4-6 	8-11 	8-18 	2-8 	L 4
Utah 	        16 	29 	0.356 	19.5 	9-21 	3-7 	10-12 	6-17 	5-5 	W 2
Sacramento 	15 	29 	0.341 	20.0 	10-20 	2-8 	9-15 	6-14 	3-7 	L 4
the race to the bottom is going to be epic.

We've finally caught up with the Jazz.

giri

yea, this. I mean, how can they not with the way hes playing, and that Kiwi is actually playing pretty well. So is Reggie Jackson (playing great actually), and lamb has picked it up. Perkins hasn't looked like ass ass ass lately so thats a huge plus.

Only thing was Kawhi stopped Durant until he hurt his hand, but other than that hes looked unguardable. Though, Lebron would fuck his shit up if it was the playoffs. When you get rough with KD, like Kawhi did, he gets frustrated pretty quick. But there are maybe three or four players who could guard him like that in the league.

Gotdamn, KD has been a beast. That last shot he was triple teamed and getting poked from all sides when he bounced up.

Are they even favored over the pacers? Let alone the west? I dunno.

linsivvi

Are they even favored over the pacers? Let alone the west? I dunno.

A lot of the West elites are high scoring low defense teams which the Heat will feast on. They are definitely just coasting right now. I think the only teams that have a chance to beat them are the Thunder and Spurs (if fully healthy with a functioning Manu).

If the Pacers advance, I think most teams will have a chance to beat them, as we've seen in their recent trip.

Kanter averaging 14 and almost 7 rebounds a game in January on 59% shooting in 22 minutes per game.

He's averaged 19.6 points a game when he's played more than 25 minutes. His defense hasn't looked that awful either.

I don't know why Corbin doesn't play him more. Dude swears he's in the playoff hunt.

you can take Utah out of there, back to .500 with Burke.

Play Favors/Kanter together for 30+ minutes and y'all would go back to being the worst team in basketball.

giri

A lot of the West elites are high scoring low defense teams which the Heat will feast on. They are definitely just coasting right now. I think the only teams that have a chance to beat them are the Thunder and Spurs (if fully healthy with a functioning Manu).

If the Pacers advance, I think most teams will have a chance to beat them, as we've seen in their recent trip.

I still say a healthy grizz would push the heat a very long way. But thats one of those things that will shape up more now that they're healthy.

The rest of the west, i agree, houston, clippers, suns, mavs, GSW, don't really have a great chance against a 2013 champion heat team.

Whether that team shows up again, who knows.

exarkun

I still say a healthy grizz would push the heat a very long way. But thats one of those things that will shape up more now that they're healthy.

The rest of the west, i agree, houston, clippers, suns, mavs, GSW, don't really have a great chance against a 2013 champion heat team.

Whether that team shows up again, who knows.

Dafuq, they how many wide open danny green.Kahwi threes were there? There were definite lapses of defense during the finals that I think alot of the "elite" western teams can exploit, especially the way some of them shoot threes (Houston isnt part of that list).

Tom Penny

I want to see other players who could score like this and analyze their hot months...I'd love to see if anyone has done this before. There's got to be a comparable month for other crazy scorers like Iverson, or Anthony, or Jordan, or King...right?

KD is just absurd.

Wilt averaged 50 per game mang..

you should see how the raps won tonight lol.

got a link? I've been out all night, didn't see anything.

Saw this shot chart on twitter though.

Durant's last 5 games

Oq6YeNT.png

Good night, nurse.

Wilt played 132 possessions per game that year. Durant is playing around 80 possessions per game during this stretch. Wilt averaged 28.6 points per 75 possessions (stars usually now play 75 possessions a game) that year. Not that relevant of a comparison.

In fairness, players probably couldn't handle the amount of shooting Wilt took, either. Or playing so many possessions (and score 50).

Then again, the NBA had to change the rules just for Wilt because he was too big at the time.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If the Clippers ever moved to San Diego (like they probably should), they could play their entire season outdoors.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think it's time to start talking about the annals of history with Durant's MVP campaign right now. He's arguably having the greatest individual season for an NBA player in the history of the sport.

Going to be up there... if finishes the season near this is could be compared to Jordan's 90-91 season... Jordan amazingly shoot a better FG% that year than KD is at the half way point but it's close...

I think the best individual year belongs to Shaq or Dream... maybe Jabber's Bucks MVP or even Magic's 87 MVP

giri

Dafuq, they how many wide open danny green.Kahwi threes were there? There were definite lapses of defense during the finals that I think alot of the "elite" western teams can exploit, especially the way some of them shoot threes (Houston isnt part of that list).

I'm not sure there are a lot of coaches in the west that could take advantage of that, and deal with the ball pressure.

GSW are TO prone as is. And Jackson is a dumb ass.
Houston... McFail, and, what passing?

Blablurn

KD is a beast. And the Clippers are surprisingly solid as well. Didn't expect them to win so many games without CP3. Playoffs will be off the hook! Can't wait. So many good teams.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Reading up this morning seems the Raps knew what inbounds play the Nets were going to run.

They apparently had 2 plays they practiced for and 1 of them was what lead to the steal.

KD is a beast. And the Clippers are surprisingly solid as well. Didn't expect them to win so many games without CP3. Playoffs will be off the hook! Can't wait. So many good teams.
To be fair, the Clippers have only beaten teams with sub 500 records other than the Bulls who were just barely above it. Still, it's a much better road trip then the one in which we lost to the Cavs and Nets.

To be fair, the Clippers have only beaten teams with sub 500 records other than the Bulls who were just barely above it. Still, it's a much better road trip then the one in which we lost to the Cavs and Nets.

Regardless, this is still their best Grammy road trip ever.

And they're 10-3 without CP3.

Blablurn

Okay, good point at the sub 500 fact. Havent paid attention to that.

in other news..

click picture if you wanna see whats behind it

Top Bottom