• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Smokey

As I said--talk is cheap.

If he pulls the trigger then I'll give you credit, but billionaires didn't get that way by throwing their money around with high levels of uncertainty and risk.

What if Leslie was your owner with that attitude he displayed in that quote. I bet you would wake up everyday with a smile

LoJ do you expect Kemba or MKG to be moved by the deadline?

I just don't know if Cho can be all that comfortable with where things are going right now.

thekad

Banned
What if Leslie was your owner with that attitude he displayed in that quote. I bet you would wake up everyday with a smile
Gondo really shouldn't stereotype every owner as a lying cheap asshole just because the owner of the Thunder is one.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I just don't know if Cho can be all that comfortable with where things are going right now.
Why?

We can't lose. Either we make the playoffs and get better or we get a great pick. MKGs on court/off court is godlike and Kemba almost understands consistency. If anyone goes it's sessions or -hendo.

The rumor going around is that we're looking to buy before the deadline. But then again if the deal we're offering is centered around the Portland pick and Ben Gordon we aren't going to be buying anyone worth much. If we were really looking to improve immediately we'd have to move some our less developed players like Zeller, MKG, or Biyombo. I doubt we'd get enough for Walker to make it worth our while, so it would have to be one of the other three and/or the Detroit pick if we want to bring in someone decent.

That said I am 100 percent against trading MKG or Biyombo, it would end up costing us in the long run. I wouldn't be upset if we moved Zeller, Sessions, Henderson, or either of our other picks for the right player though.

I hope the Knicks take a look at Dewayne Dedmon. Let's face it, Aldrih will never play minutes for the Knicks, might as wee stock the roster with project players and try to find another Tyler/Cope/Murry/etc.

Plus that name is awesome.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Also, kind of fucking dickish for Kevin Love to blame his teammates for losing a game where he was 4-20 and 0-2 in the last 3:30.

iKkq91hA4uybm.gif

Because of Parsons’s miniscule 2014-15 salary, his cap hold on the Rockets’ books when he hits free agency until he is signed (either by the Rockets or another team) will be a paltry $1,833,025. This figure is equal to 190% of Parsons’s 2014-15 salary, which is the method used to determine cap holds for players (other than those coming off rookie scale contracts, which Parsons is not) making below the average player salary and for whom a team holds full Bird rights.

By having such a small cap hold for Parsons, the Rockets would be able to use all of their available cap room in 2015 — except for that $1,833,025 cap hold amount — to pursue outside free agents (in a free agent class that is expected to include Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge), then later exceed the salary cap to re-sign Parsons to any amount using his Bird rights.

They still don't have the cap room, though.

Harden, Howard, Montejunas, Jones = $43 million.
Beverly = $2 million cap hold, same with Parson.

That's $47 million unless these guys are renounced.
Then there's the 2014 draft pick and 2015 draft pick (unless they don't have either or trade them) worth let's say another $2 million.
Then there are minimum roster holds, adding another $3.5 million (or $2.5 million if the draft picks are on the roster).

That brings us to $51.5 million, roughly. With around a $59-60 million cap.

This also assumes you sign no one this offseason to more than 1 year. Or trade Lin/Asik for anyone past this year.

Sorry, it ain't happening. To be able to sign love to just $15 mil starting out, you need to have a cap hold of about $44-45 million. Harden + Howard + roster holds alone = $42.5 (add in Parsons it's already $44).

Sorry, Kad. I don't doubt Houston is willing to pay as much as they have to, I just don't see how they can get Love based on the rules.

Why?

We can't lose. Either we make the playoffs and get better
or we get a great pick. MKGs on court/off court is godlike and Kemba almost understands consistency. If anyone goes it's sessions or -hendo.

Focusing on the playoffs before drafting your franchise player is probably a mistake though

I like MKG but I don't think Kemba is anywhere close to that guy.

Your franchise guy is just there to be taken if you guys just tank.

so what I'm saying is

pls tank

Bledsoe out indefinitely with right knee surgery, per Marc Stein.

Sucks.

still getting the max

right giri?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I took away that rockets fans know Harden + Howard isn't going anywhere.

It wouldn't matter anyway. McFail is still the coach.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
After spending last season tanking for a bad draft (and going all in the season prior for Anthony Davis), I just don't understand why the Bobcats are thinking now is the year to make the playoffs.

If 2012 had worked out for the Bobcats and they had Anthony Davis on their roster right now, I could see them trying to do what the Pelicans are doing by trying to push for the playoffs... but they don't have that guy. Not yet at least.

giri

Also, kind of fucking dickish for Kevin Love to blame his teammates for losing a game where he was 4-20 and 0-2 in the last 3:30.

he didn't blame them for losing this game. He called them out for sitting on the bench and pouting during the 4th instead of cheering on their team mates. Apparently they couldn't even be bothered to stand up during any timeouts in the 4th.

Part of it was because both cunningham and barrea called out love last year for not attending games or for not being with the team the whole 48 minutes, whilst he was out injured for the season.

Love somewhat has a point, but i wonder how much of it was petty revenge.

So Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, and Andrea Bargnani may not play tonight due to illness. Knicks didn't even have enough players to run a full practice.

Can they just wave Beno Udrih around like a white flag now?

giri

Bledsoe out indefinitely with right knee surgery, per Marc Stein.

Sucks.

Seems they don't know how bad it is and won't until the get a scope in there.

Here's a terribly practical thought. This could bring his contract price down to similar to dragic levels. 4 years 30 mil

Having those two on the roster for only 15mil per would be amazing.

Seems they don't know how bad it is and won't until the get a scope in there.

Here's a terribly practical thought. This could bring his contract price down to similar to dragic levels. 4 years 30 mil

Having those two on the roster for only 15mil per would be amazing.

It's not too late to move Dragic, tank, and use every single one of your picks on this draft.

Do the right thing.

LeBron James ‏@KingJames 3m
Headed to the GREATEST basketball arena in the world "The Garden" listening to @myfabolouslife The Soul Tape 3. #Mecca #LosoAkaMrConsistent

knicks fans he loves the Garden yall got a chance this summer!

giri

It's not too late to move Dragic, tank, and use every single one of your picks on this draft.

Do the right thing.

Part of it really will be about how bad the injury is. But i don't see them tanking from here on out.They're way too far ahead to get in the top 5 with their own pick. They'll just use the lakers lotto pick next year.

It could see them drop down the stnadings though.... But it could also help inflate Green's stats even more, and build up his value a bit.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Tonight is one of the only times I wouldn't mind him dropping 50.

I'd like to see someone else drop a double nickle on them there.

Part of it really will be about how bad the injury is. But i don't see them tanking from here on out.They're way too far ahead to get in the top 5 with their own pick. They'll just use the lakers lotto pick next year.

It could see them drop down the stnadings though.... But it could also help inflate Green's stats even more, and build up his value a bit.

Here's a question: Would you trade all of your 2014 picks for Love? Because I don't see how the Wolves could say no.

There's a risk that Love could leave, but with the resources you guys have I think you might be good enough next year to lock him up.

Here's a question: Would you trade all of your 2014 picks for Love? Because I don't see how the Wolves could say no.

There's a risk that Love could leave, but with the resources you guys have I think you might be good enough next year to lock him up.
Trade all your picks in the deepest draft in a decade for someone not named durant or lebron who still has a high chance of leaving during the off season?

Perfect sense

Trade all your picks in the deepest draft in a decade for someone not named durant or lebron who still has a high chance of leaving during the off season?

Perfect sense

They have a great cap situation, two great projects in Len and Plumlee on rookie contracts at center, and a team that's already proven they can hang with teams in the West even without him. I think they'd have a great shot at selling him on staying.

There's likely great players available with those picks, but for every Klay Thompson there is a Jan Vesely.

Easily. None of those picks will be good.

There's a good chance there's an all-star to be had with one of those picks. There are great players available in the late first in almost every draft, just takes a good GM to find em.

There's no way the Wolves can say no to a haul like that in this kind of draft when they have almost no shot at keeping Love.

giri

"Out Indefinitely" always sounds like 3-months+ to me.

It's probably season ending at this stage, but reports say that they really don't know.

It's a funny trade because it does some weird things.

If it was all the picks and okafor's contract straight up for Love... I can't see why not.

I really don't like how bad love is defensively. It really makes me wonder if he'll be genuinely useful as a first or second option on a chip team, and not the 3rd best player. To cover for him you basically need a DPOTY level center.

It creates a bigs rotation of Miles + Love starting, with Frye off the bench. But it also basically cripples Markieff's development other than the 10 minutes Loves not on the floor. Which means the Morris twins will be looking for a new home (maybe Indiana, morris twins for Granger?)

Bledose, Dragic, Granger, Love, Plumlee. Green + Frye on the bench. Maybe even Len. And possibly with the Lakers first round pick and the Suns next year? It doesn't sound like a chip team straight up. But it would be interesting. Lots of shooting at the least.

Top Bottom