• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When was the last a team had 2 top 3 picks in a draft?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Denver and Knicks won. Great day for the tank, terrible day for Denver Basketball.

Denver might just get a middle of the pack draft pick from the knicks and it feels good knowing that now. Thank the basketball gods everyone with their own pick is tanking.

Also its still early but I'm starting to think the knicks didn't get robbed for bargnani either. Today was a day full of radical thoughts for me.

Denver might just get a middle of the pack draft pick from the knicks and it feels good knowing that now. Thank the basketball gods everyone with their own pick is tanking.

Also its still early but I'm starting to think the knicks didn't get robbed for bargnani either. Today was a day full of radical thoughts for me.

What? Bargnani is still trash and giving up a 1st rounder to a team that was desperate to get rid of him was dumb as fuck.

linsivvi

They drafted Sampson first

I believe.

Who did they pick with 2 or 3?

And wasn't Byron Scott and Clyde in that class?

Yes, Sampson was 1st and both Byron Scott and Drexler were in that same class. They got Rodney McCray on the 3rd pick. It was before my time so I don't know who he is.

As an aside, draft express has a pretty good draft search engine.

Zeus Molecules

What? Bargnani is still trash and giving up a 1st rounder to a team that was desperate to get rid of him was dumb as fuck.

Nah brothers dude is a rotation player and has been decent for the most part this season. Novak, and Q rich ain't doing shit, the two second rounds are a crap shoot so it comes down to potential in a pick against a healthy rotation backup center for Tyson.

I mean he's shown value by the very load he took off the rest of the bigs alone. think about it, tyson and has missed how many games and the knicks didnt have to run amare or kenyon in the ground to compensate.

13 pts 5 rebounds for a back up center isn't the worse deal.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yes, Sampson was 1st and both Byron Scott and Drexler were in that same class. They got Rodney McCray on the 3rd pick. It was before my time so I don't know who he is.

As an aside, draft express has a pretty good draft search engine.

On my phone... so bit of a hassle

But yeah I know how to search

Nah brothers dude is a rotation player and has been decent for the most part this season. Novak, and Q rich ain't doing shit, the two second rounds are a crap shoot so it comes down to potential in a pick against a healthy rotation backup center for Tyson.

I mean he's shown value by the very load he took off the rest of the bigs alone. think about it, tyson and has missed how many games and the knicks didnt have to run amare or kenyon in the ground to compensate.

What part of losing a 1st rounder you don't get?

linsivvi

He has a lower TS% and rebound rate than Robert Sacre, who is a minimum player and is on his way out of the league.

Zeus Molecules

What part of losing a 1st rounder you don't get?

Yeah I get it, and I'm not saying the knicks won that trade but it's something I brought up before in known quantities vs potential quality.

Knicks get something they have need of now in a player that can spell Tyson at the 5 consistently without needing surgery for a piece that could potentially be a late 20 pick later and moved off the contracts that hindered the complete rebuild in 2015.

This move was on the low not a robbery as long as barg showed he could be a backup 5 competently. The main factor now is where that pick lands and if barg keeps this up. If barg keeps this up until 2015 when he'll likely leave (probably along Tyson) at least half the factors needed to avoid the rape will have already occured. They gave Tyson a backup (that he needed) while he was here and that contract coming off means the knicks can approach 2 players of their choosing for max salaries.

linsivvi

Yeah I get it, and I'm not saying the knicks won that trade but it's something I brought up before in known quantities vs potential quality.

Knicks get something they have need of now in a player that can spell Tyson at the 5 consistently without needing surgery for a piece that could potentially be a late 20 pick later and moved off the contracts that hindered the complete rebuild in 2015.

This move was on the low not a robbery as long as barg showed he could be a backup 5 competently. The main factor now is where that pick lands and if barg keeps this up. If barg keeps this up until 2015 when he'll likely leave (probably along Tyson) at least half the factors needed to avoid the rape will have already occured. They gave Tyson a backup (that he needed) while he was here and that contract coming off means the knicks can approach 2 players of their choosing for max salaries.

You never give up a pick on players who are only worth minimum salary.

Interesting thing picked up by Craig Sager about Ibaka talking with Westbrook about not being able to find any rhythm with Jackson. It’s easy to see, too. Jackson likes to play a lot of one-on-one and you can see Ibaka getting caught in no-man’s land trying to figure out where to go.

Jackson is worse than I thought. If he's not going 1on1, he's useless.

Zeus Molecules

You never give up a pick on players who are only worth minimum salary.

Read what I said the barg move was as Much to move novak and camby (longer contracts) to the raptors as well as get a backup center. Its not about who the best player was in the trade was (its was barg), its about what the trade accomplish for the knicks. Also look at sacre's use/playing time and potential range compared to Barg. Your using stats to make a null point. Are any opposing centers looking to leave the paint to guard Sacre? Do any opposing centers even know sacre exist considering his playing time? Would his salary have equaled novak and camby's longer contracts?

Look the trade gave the knicks the following:
Gives Tyson a backup who can physically do that
Clears salary for a 2015 rebuild

As long as those two factors are accomplished it wasn't a rape deal. It wasn't a good trade but considering they gave camby and novak those contracts and they proceeded to bum it up it wasn't the worse deal either considering they both needed to be moved.

I was about to post this

got. damn.

He can make it sound so sincere, but the con never ends. J.R. Smith was raised in a suburban, middle-class home with two good parents and access to an excellent education. He had a tremendous high school coaching mentor – Dan Hurley at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J. – and he has long been taught the difference of right and wrong. Smith's always loved to play the part of a tough city kid, but truth be told, he's a soft, spoiled suburban jump-shooter.

Holy crap. Comments are pretty good, too.

He's pretty immature but let's not treat him like he's killed someone.

methodman

Banned
tumblr_mz6c2hbWyz1qlqju8o1_500.png

Just checked his twitter and he's saying his phone was hacked, someone sending crazy messages to his fam. I bet it was him and hes just high off that legal shit. League won't do anything anyways. lol

He's smoking hookah, which is legal everywhere I know of if there ain't weed in it.

Wow @ that Woj article. He went in dry. No lube. Nothing.

snack

Imagine what JR could do if he was dedicated to the game just a little more. He pretty much won the sixth man on no sleep because of his clubbing antics.

2001 Bulls traded Elton Brand for #2 Tyson Chandler and then drafted Eddie Curry at #4. Not quite top 3, but close.

wtf happened to Durant's neck in that picture.

Forgot about that one even though it was recent. My thinking was the Clippers possibly had 2 top three picks during the late 90's with all the high picks they were getting. Seems like when it happens it's a during a weak draft.

Emwitus

... They threw up a stat before the game about him averaging 34ppg against them in the past 10 games. The Heat does this with lesser teams for some reason, a few years ago the 76s swept the Heat during the regular season then the Heat swept the 76s in the first round. Nevermind, Heat didn't sweep them, they lost a game, but still. =p
The uncanny 2011 Lakers feels

Top Bottom