• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

back in my day i smoked plenty of hookah. i was so obssessed with blowing smoke rings lol
The dunk, made possible by a nifty assist from guard Norris Cole, was really the only highlight of the game for the visiting team, but it was so emphatic it almost made up for all the lowlights and the loss to New York. Of course, the added attention of a primetime game on TNT added to the panic on the Internet, which Heat owner Micky Arison felt compelled to address after the surprising loss.

“Everyone CHILL [it’s] JAN 9th,” Arison posted to his Twitter account, along with some odd shots at TNT reporter Craig Sager

yessssssss I love this owner

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I have to pick a Nets (ugh.) game to go to and I have no interest in watching any of these teams:

Sixers
Bobcats
Suns
Celtics
Hawks

dafuq.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Made me laugh my ass off from Woj article about JR

Perhaps his greatest excess of idiocy had been a weekend of running a room service bill into the proximity of $3,000, a source with direct knowledge told Yahoo Sports. He kept ordering food, stacking piles of trays upon trays – "just to see if they would keep bringing it to the room," the source said.

Nah brothers dude is a rotation player and has been decent for the most part this season. Novak, and Q rich ain't doing shit, the two second rounds are a crap shoot so it comes down to potential in a pick against a healthy rotation backup center for Tyson.

I mean he's shown value by the very load he took off the rest of the bigs alone. think about it, tyson and has missed how many games and the knicks didnt have to run amare or kenyon in the ground to compensate.

13 pts 5 rebounds for a back up center isn't the worse deal.

If Bargs was averaging 40-20-10-10-10 it would still be an atrocious trade, why? Because they would have likely GIVEN UP PICKS to get rid of him, but Dolan and co are clowns and gave up a pick to get him. Instead of getting a couple of 2nds or a protected first the knicks gave up a pick.

It's like going to the grocery store and paying the cashier 1000$ a pound for your deli ham. Sure the ham might be good, but you still overpaid like a fucking clown.

LuchaShaq

Banned
More ether by woj on JR smith like it's the fucking end of 8 mile

J.R. Smith was raised in a suburban, middle-class home with two good parents and access to an excellent education. He had a tremendous high school coaching mentor – Dan Hurley at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J. – and he has long been taught the difference of right and wrong. Smith's always loved to play the part of a tough city kid, but truth be told, he's a soft, spoiled suburban jump-shooter.

You went to Cranbrook, that's a private school
What's the matter dawg? You embarrassed?
This guy's a gangster? he's real name's Clarence
And Clarence lives at home with both parents
And Clarence's parents have a real good marriage

Judderman

drawer by drawer
More ether by woj on JR smith like it's the fucking end of 8 mile

You went to Cranbrook, that's a private school
What's the matter dawg? You embarrassed?
This guy's a gangster? he's real name's Clarence
And Clarence lives at home with both parents
And Clarence's parents have a real good marriage

Wow Woj, don't hurt 'em.

Gordon's back to being an OK scorer, but he's way too small to make any positive impact defensively so his offense isn't that worth it compared to the major negatives he brings to defense even before you get to his terrible contract and injury history.

Kemba's back to being an OK scorer, but he's way too small to make any positive impact defensively so his offense isn't that worth it compared to the major negatives he brings to defense.

Agreed

Jrue Holiday has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his right tibia. He is out indefinitely.

In 34 games this season with the New Orleans Pelicans, Holiday is averaging 14.3 points, 7.9 assists and 4.2 rebounds in 33.6 minutes per game. The 6’4” guard holds career averages of 13.5 points, 6.0 assists and 3.6 rebounds in 332 games.

mcw-and-noel.jpg

"We've got your pick" Nightmare Season 2013

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Gordon's back to being an OK scorer, but he's way too small to make any positive impact defensively so his offense isn't that worth it compared to the major negatives he brings to defense even before you get to his terrible contract and injury history.

What's crazy if the pelicans had just let him go to the suns like he wanted, where he could of got the best rehab. He might be worth that money right now offensively......

No, what's crazy is giving up whats going to be a top 10 pick in this draft and Nerlens Noel for Jrue Holiday.

The fact that you would say that means you probably haven't actually watched Jrue Holiday this year. Nerlens is an unknown quantity and numerous draft experts are coming out now and saying this draft will be filled with good players, but no superstars.

SamuraiX-

Good lord, Woj:

Someday, Smith will make that call to room service – insisting upon more of everything – and there will be no one to answer. J.R. Smith is 28-years old, and it is too late to threaten and punish a spoiled, suburban kid. No trade, no epiphanies, no changes. The Knicks deserve J.R. Smith, and he'll belong to them until the bitter end.

C-C-C-COMBO ETHER

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
All that for a guy who untied a shoelace. Would've been more objective to see that article last year, but naw that would've been objective.

Prettttyyy sure the point of his article is that he keeps fucking up. Just to summarize, this has been JR Smith since the '13 off-season:

• Withheld information about his health until after signing his lucrative contract then waited to get knee surgery after he signed his contract
  • Added stipulations that his brother needs to make the roster in order for him to sign
  • Predicted a championship, got suspended for drug abuse for 5 games a week later
  • Attempted on-court shenanigans, lies about them then gets warned, does it again, fined $50k
  • Producing at a statistical level not seen since '60s -- in a bad way

This is just in the past few months. I'm sure I'm missing something, too.

Zeus Molecules

Prettttyyy sure the point of his article is that he keeps fucking up. Just to summarize, this has been JR Smith since the '13 off-season:

• Withheld information about his health until after signing his lucrative contract then waited to get knee surgery after he signed his contract
  • Added stipulations that his brother needs to make the roster in order for him to sign
  • Predicted a championship, got suspended for drug abuse for 5 games a week later
  • Attempted on-court shenanigans, lies about them then gets warned, does it again, fined $50k
  • Producing at a statistical level not seen since '60s -- in a bad way

This is just in the past few months. I'm sure I'm missing something, too.

You mention a lot of on the job "shenanigans" as justification for a very personal attack though. Like frankman I could understand this after the elbow maybe but to drop this right after a trade rumor starts and after the organization applies their own punishment. Then ending it with "this is what the knicks deserve" makes me feel this was done as much to fuck up any trade value JR might of had as anything else.

He also killed somebody and never made a public apology for it...

Neither did ray lewis and everybody loves him right?

Zeus Molecules

I don't think I've ever met anybody that wasn't a Ravens fan that liked him. I know I'm always quick to point out that he's a double murderer to people.

Nah he's well loved usually because casual fans forget he did it, same for JR a lot of casual fans never heard about the accident or it slipped their mind. Woj dropping this the day after trade rumors began (and woj tried to deny them as just scare tactics) seems funny. The knicks bench him (another sign they are looking to possibly move him) and then woj drops this....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wait. Was iwmtb talking about Kemba or Gordon?

Because Kemba is really good defender if nothing else.

All that for a guy who untied a shoelace. Would've been more objective to see that article last year, but naw that would've been objective.

I...don't even understand how you're defense-forcing this clown, he's been acting like a jackass all season.

I don't think the shoelace thing is minor either, it's cheating to influence a possession in a way that could get a guy really injured in a rebound scrum. I thought it actually warranted a suspension.

Wait. Was iwmtb talking about Kemba or Gordon?

Because Kemba is really good defender if nothing else.

forgive me

I have to keep the salt going for our inevitable playoff battle

;_;

The fact that you would say that means you probably haven't actually watched Jrue Holiday this year. Nerlens is an unknown quantity and numerous draft experts are coming out now and saying this draft will be filled with good players, but no superstars.

Jrue isn't even the best PG that's played the point for Philadelphia in the last year lol

Top Bottom