• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA March-April |OT| Reunited and it Phil's so good.

We aint hiring mark jackson.

Steve Kerr is welcome though

dag jeanie already rocking NY sweatshirts lmao

bussweb13s-3-web.jpg

Bad start to the 3rd but clips went solid in the last few mins and got a huge sequence of events to swing the points around to extend the lead. Granger looking real good tonight. Shooting, rebounding, d. All the things dudley lacks,

And then some dumb fouls to start this 4th.

Barnes with the dagger. 9 in a row. Good times.

Great all around team effort on that one. They needed almost everyone to contribute and most everyone did.

Despite the fact that Big Baby can't jump more than 2 inches and seems to collect fouls at a rate that would make even Travis Knight envious, you can tell his gigantic waistline creates issues for bigs trying to get around him. Plus he can actually occassionally hit a midrange jumper which is more than you can ever say for Hollins.

Granger is becoming a beast. Love the pickup. Shooting 50% from the field and is a great FT shooter. Started contributing on the boards last night and though he sometimes gets lost on defense and picks up silly fouls, I'm hopeful it'll fix itself as the season finishes up.

Should be a fun ride to the finish of the season!

Good win last night for the future Hornets. We're clicking at the best possible time. I have mixed feelings about our decision to move player development to the back burner, but seeing what it takes to win on the court is an important part of showing guys what they need to do to contribute to that so I'm optimistic. At the end of the day though how good we can ultimately become is entirely on the shoulders of MKG, Zeller, Biyombo, and whoever we bring in with the Detroit pick. If they don't get much better our future has mediocre written all over it.

dream

My god, the Rockets may be almost as fraudulent as the Thunder. Maybe the west really is ours, Edgey.

Edgeward

My god, the Rockets may be almost as fraudulent as the Thunder. Maybe the west really is ours, Edgey.

So long as the Grizz can stay 7th or completely collapse. One can still hope!

Great all around team effort on that one. They needed almost everyone to contribute and most everyone did.

Despite the fact that Big Baby can't jump more than 2 inches and seems to collect fouls at a rate that would make even Travis Knight envious, you can tell his gigantic waistline creates issues for bigs trying to get around him. Plus he can actually occassionally hit a midrange jumper which is more than you can ever say for Hollins.

Granger is becoming a beast. Love the pickup. Shooting 50% from the field and is a great FT shooter. Started contributing on the boards last night and though he sometimes gets lost on defense and picks up silly fouls, I'm hopeful it'll fix itself as the season finishes up.

Should be a fun ride to the finish of the season!

Yes, baby's range is what really sets him apart from the clips previous zombie backups. That and he knows where to be on D. It is nice to see someone not be completely lost.

I hope Granger can prove to show some endurance. He badly missed shots after a hot first half, seemed like his legs werent there for him in the 2nd half.

Just need to get everyone healthy and hope that JJ isnt lost for the season as some people say.

dream

The Grizzlies are always a terrible matchup for us, but I'm actually more concerned about GSW lighting us up with 3s, which we are helpless against.

Edgeward

Both teams have big adavntages at home judging by regular season meetings so I am not as scared considering Clips would have HCA. Plus Mark Jackson is still the coach and the offense is too basic especially when Curry isn't on the floor. Plus warriors let the clips play the fastbreak, something grizz is too good at bottling up.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Knicks have announced a Tuesday news conference to introduce Phil Jackson as new top basketball executive.

1000x500px-LL-b21e0794_hype.gif

Edgeward

Finally, the clippers starting to resemble like the clips and the jazz going back inside their tank

Solid 2nd half, D was damn good shutting down the pick and roll real well and the bigs got out there hedging.

League figured out Miami, all that's left is two get bounced in the second round, and for Lebron to take his talents to free agency.

Blablurn

If "figuring out Miami" is a 44-19 record, then that still says something.

:lol indeed. after reaching the finals three years in a row a little fatigue is not that surprising.

But damn, the Clips look red hot right now. I wonder how far they can make it in the PlayOffs.

Into

Wade's knees are a mess, and his knees will probably decide what happens in the off season.

But writing off the Heat after a few loses? Nah, people do this every year. They have been to the finals 3 years in a row now, fatigue and strain wise, they must be a mess.

So how is Phil Jackson supposed to help the Knicks exactly?

Van Gundy once called Phil Jackson "Big Chief Triangle". Maybe Phil will do a Championship Ring Dance and rain rings on NY. Or maybe, Phil will be as bad as MJ is as an owner. MJ was the greatest player and Phil the greatest coach, but that doesn't necessarily transfer over to other areas. Time will tell with Phil.

dream

Are you kidding, Syphon Filter? I will grant you the Spurs might be able to beat the Clips, but OKC ain't even getting out of the second round when they're anchored by empty stats Durant and Russell Westbrook.

Edgeward

The only thing that still concerns me is the health of Redick. The amount of missed open 3s this season has got me worried when playoffs start, and they are definitely gonna need his catch and shoot ability. But defensively the team is coming together nicely albeit with some odd stretches of badness. And having a 2nd unit that isn't instantly hemorrhaging points is good to see. Thank you based buyouts

dream

Down 21 at home against the lowly Mavericks. I told you the Oklahoma Thunder will never make the finals ever again, Pimpster.

Freaking impressed with the Spurs reaching 50 wins first in the league, especially with all the injuries they have had so far. Redemption might not be that far away if they keep it up.

Edgeward

This is a mess wthout Collison or Jamal taking point on the 2nd unit. Offense becomes a clusterf

Good win. Great D tonight. Hope they get Collison back tomorrow for Denver. Not getting a good feeling on a b2b and heading on the road to the altitude of Denver

Edgeward

Brutal shooting in the 1st half. The lack of a secondary ballhandler is the main problem tonight against this aggresive D. Nuggs going hard at Chris and denying him the ball, giving me flashbacks to the VDN days. Blake and Paul gonna need to carry this team tonight because the rest aint shooting well, other than Danny, or in foukl trouble.

Top Bottom