• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA March-April |OT| Reunited and it Phil's so good.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
ZNXcYPv.gif

the snackish

Man Amare has been so bad and they keep increasing his minutes. Fuck everything....smh

I didn't watch the game cause it was the bobcats, I ran and taped the reairing once I heard. Amazing game by Lebron he is not letting that MVP go.

Vahagn

Hey Stat People,

How good is Assist % in adjusting for pace and determining how effective a player really is in getting assists. Some Notable Numbers (Career Assist %)

John Stockton - 50.2
CP3 - 46.7
Magic - 40.9

Lebron - 34.2
Wade - 31.8

Jordan - 24.9
Bird - 24.7
Kobe - 24.3

Pierce - 19.6
KD - 16.6
Melo - 15.7

Seems to me like there's 4 tiers of All star caliber perimeter players that really group together the way you'd expect. I guess I'm surprised about Bird being at the same level as Kobe and Jordan (I thought he'd be closer to the Lebron/Wade level), but that's about it.

Pimpwerx

Hey Stat People,

How good is Assist % in adjusting for pace and determining how effective a player really is in getting assists. Some Notable Numbers (Career Assist %)

John Stockton - 50.2
CP3 - 46.7
Magic - 40.9

Lebron - 34.2
Wade - 31.8

Jordan - 24.9
Bird - 24.7
Kobe - 24.3

Pierce - 19.6
KD - 16.6
Melo - 15.7

Seems to me like there's 4 tiers of All star caliber perimeter players that really group together the way you'd expect. I guess I'm surprised about Bird being at the same level as Kobe and Jordan (I thought he'd be closer to the Lebron/Wade level), but that's about it.
Nice read. Amazing that Wade and Bron have such high percentages. PEACE.

Vahagn

Nice read. Amazing that Wade and Bron have such high percentages. PEACE.

I'm not surprised by Bron at all. I think he's the best passing non PG to ever play the game. He's had that since he came in. But Wade for sure, I thought him and Bird would have flipped numbers and he would have been more in the Jordan/Kobe mold.

I got bored today, and wanted to compare Kobe's 81 pts to LeBron's 61 pts, and to see how Lebron would have done if he took the same amount of shots as Kobe, retaining his percentages (approximated). I saw some memes out on facebook of unimpressed Kobe, and it got me wondering:

Kobe - 28/46 (60% FGs), 7/13 (54% 3s), 18-20 ( (90% FTs) 81 Pts
LeBron - 22/33 (66% FGs), 8/10 (80% 3s), 9/12 (75% FTs) 61 Pts

Projected Lebron: 30/46 (65% FGs), 10/13 (77% 3s). 15/20 (75% FTs), 85 pts

I think that looks about right?

People get tired. Kobe bricked most of his last 6-7 shots in that game. It's why extended efficiency and hypotheticals can be a waste of time, especially in small sample sizes like one game. Kobe scored 62 on 31 shots against Dallas. That's 2 points per FGA. So at 46 FGA he would have scored 92 points? It's useless conjecture.

I got bored today, and wanted to compare Kobe's 81 pts to LeBron's 61 pts, and to see how Lebron would have done if he took the same amount of shots as Kobe, retaining his percentages (approximated). I saw some memes out on facebook of unimpressed Kobe, and it got me wondering:

Kobe - 28/46 (60% FGs), 7/13 (54% 3s), 18-20 ( (90% FTs) 81 Pts
LeBron - 22/33 (66% FGs), 8/10 (80% 3s), 9/12 (75% FTs) 61 Pts

Projected Lebron: 30/46 (65% FGs), 10/13 (77% 3s). 15/20 (75% FTs), 85 pts

I think that looks about right?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Lebron looking to back up his 61 with another big night? Should have 20 by the half

Edit: Close, 19 on 8-11 shooting

Edit: 3 points since the half lol

Edit: Where is everyone?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Lebron looking to back up his 61 with another big night? Should have 20 by the half

Edit: Close, 19 on 8-11 shooting

Edit: 3 points since the half lol

Edit: Where is everyone?

Shrug.

Durant has 42 in 3 quarters. But will now sit because he's the one being chased. ;)

Pimpwerx

I guess LeBron has some ugly possessions from time to time. That last one was pretty terrible. Oh well. GG Rox. PEACE.

Soi-Fong

Another triple double by Noah!

GarPax must be hoping that Howard gets 1st Team All NBA. If Noah gets in, that puts Chicago over the tax limit.

Wow the horncats beat the fdpacers by 22? PG 0-9?
crazy-laughter.jpg

No way melo gonna be a knick next season. He already looks miserable out there. It's probably for the good of the Knicks and it's fans if melo leaves as that might be the one move that could shakeup that front-office.

xnipx

Wow the horncats beat the fdpacers by 22? PG 0-9?
crazy-laughter.jpg

No way melo gonna be a knick next season. He already looks miserable out there. It's probably for the good of the Knicks and it's fans if melo leaves as that might be the one move that could shakeup that front-office.

They should have traded him. No point in doing whatever the fuck they're doing now.

Pimpwerx

Its time to start call the San Antonio game a scheduled loss for us. Because our record there is awful in the regular season. Hell, I believe most of our wins there have come in the Big3 era. PEACE.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Another triple double by Noah!

GarPax must be hoping that Howard gets 1st Team All NBA. If Noah gets in, that puts Chicago over the tax limit.

Is this true? That would make no sense?? Why would incentives count against the cap? Basically this could lead to GM/owners forcing coaches to cut back minutes or change plays in order to make certain players don't get paid.

How have the ugly jerseys been selling? I've yet to see a single one in public. I really hate them. PEACE.

I would guess way worse than normal jerseys. I'd be embarrassed if I were to wear those in public. T-shirt underneath a tank top jersey is always the way to go lol.

Edit: Bron looks pissed. So far not a factor too. Ugh and a 4th foul

Edit yeah it's an L.

Pimpwerx

Say what you will, but the Spurs and Heat put on some displays of high level basketball you just don't see from the rest of the league. This is a clinic on ball movement tonight. PEACE.

I can't believe that when the pacers go on a losing streak we go on one too. Yes I know the spurs are great but wow we are extremely sloppy tonight.

Top Bottom