• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

spyder_ur

Working on ordering League Pass for this year. The plan was to split the cable/broadband package with a friend who lives in NYC. He wants to get it mostly to watch Celtics there. We need to get it on his cable to avoid blackouts, right? And then he can share the mobile/broadband login with me? Anyone foresee any problems with this plan?

Strider

I'm expecting the Cavs to be the 1 seed out of the East but lose to the bulls in the ECF.

Spurs will beat the Bulls in the finals.

overcast

WbSBQn7.gif
Lolol
I know China has bad pollution problems.....but it could just be foggy, ya know.
I blame Acrid for putting the thought in my head.

Fjordson

yall have got a really nice team going this season.

not gonna lie though, I hope curry pulls a lebron.....used to go to school with them. I was in Seth's grade though.
0513_yeucr.gif

I can only hope that we pay him whatever he wants in 2016 and that he enjoys the Cali weather. I don't think front office will lowball him considering they spent 44 mill before he became a top 10 player, but we'll see.

phanphare

Banned
I can only hope that we pay him whatever he wants in 2016 and that he enjoys the Cali weather. I don't think front office will lowball him considering they spent 44 mill before he became a top 10 player, but we'll see.

haha sorry. it's just that the Curry family runs deep in NC.

Fjordson

haha sorry. it's just that the Curry family runs deep in NC.
Nah, I feel you. I remember when the Niners played Carolina in the playoffs last year he was repping with a Panthers fitted cap at a postgame press conference.

I'll be gutted if Curry leaves. He's the main reason we're somewhat relevant again. Just need to offer him the max in two years and hope for the best.

I like the give and goes steph got from that clip. That never happened last year.

0513_yeucr.gif

We didn't lowball him last contract. He got market value at the time + he had injury concerns. We should have enough space to resign him next time around

phanphare

Banned
Nah, I feel you. I remember when the Niners played Carolina in the playoffs last year he was repping with a Panthers fitted cap at a postgame press conference.

I'll be gutted if Curry leaves. He's the main reason we're somewhat relevant again. Just need to offer him the max in two years and hope for the best.

ugh that game.....don't remind me haha

Dude Curry is still under contract for three full seasons if you include this one. Don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself.

Jesus christ guys. How bout they figure out what to do with Klay Thompson first.

Fjordson

Dude Curry is still under contract for three full seasons if you include this one. Don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself.

Jesus christ guys. How bout they figure out what to do with Klay Thompson first.
Well was just responding to phanphare's post. Also, Curry is the most important Warriors player in decades. Never too early to worry about his contract situation :lol and ideally his extension would be hashed out during the summer two years from now as opposed to after the season in 2017.

But yeah, Klay is going to be a tough one. I have a feeling we will resign him at max or close to max. We'll be overpaying, but he continues to improve into one of the best guards in the league so I don't think it'll be a massive overpay.

So Jeanie Buss was on First Take taking about the Lakers and the plan to get back into contention. This is year 1 of 3 according to her. Worth a listen. Yes I know it is First Take lol

DCX

DCX
Anyone intesrested in joining my fantasy league, pm me. Need two, four would be perfect! Yahoo league and the live draft is Sunday 7:45pm est

DCX

knicks

I can't believe Jeanie Buss Twitter profile picture. I thought it was a fake account at first. What kind of team owner makes that their profile picture? Is she fucking crazy?

demolitio

Anyone have a spot in a fantasy league? Haven't done a basketball one in a long time, but I'm bored...

I really loved Love's article today. It should calm people down about him not fitting in there when that's just absurd. You can see Kyrie even getting more used to him but our back-court needs to get out of their old habits from last year where they just kept playing 1-on-1 ball with simple iso plays being the most complex thing they'd do.

Seems weird to make a judgement call on Love already.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I didnt blame Nash up until this season. It was obvious to everyone his body was refusing to play basketball, but he kept fighting to get those checks. Atleast hide that you're just trying to cash out

DarkFlow

Banned
Steve Nash has been nothing but dead weight since joining the Lakers. He didn't play a single meaningful game.

Teams need to learn to not take players the Suns no longer want if they have a Medical history. The Suns medical staff knows there shit, they let Amar'e, Grant Hill, And now Nash leave right before they blew up.

Top Bottom