• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

We have at least a couple others interested. I will flesh out the details tomorrow. Again pm me if you are interested. I set it up as a 16 team league, but if we can get 8 at least it would be fun.

It is difficult to make it UK friendly, but you can set up your draft automatically so that if you are not available you will draft the next person on your list even if you are not there.

If a few more people show interest, we can work on the time of the draft to make it the best for everyone involved.

So down for this. I think we can easily get 16 teams when you make a thread, especially if its a casual league w/no buy-in

Fjordson

Cool to know somebody else who watches Dawkins. Great channel.
Haha yeah, Dawk is dope! Sounds weird, but not all highlight channels are equally good. The way he cuts his with minimal space between them is good and includes commentary. And he's super quick with the uploads. Whenever I miss a game 'cause of work or whatever I try to catch the highlights on his channel (especially if I miss a big game by Curry or Klay).

NBA League Pass Five

Golden State
Lakers
Chicago
Cleveland
Minnesota

Levine and Wiggins have won me over. Their team shouldn't make the playoffs but they should be fun to watch.

FYI, Lin is playing great just like I predicted. He's gonna be huge for the Lakers this year. This team is really fragile, though. Boozer is hurt often, Kobe's injuries, Lin is kinda soft. I dunno... thing just have to all come together perfectly to make a run and I think there's a decent chance of that, maybe 40% chance.

FYI, Lin is playing great just like I predicted. He's gonna be huge for the Lakers this year. This team is really fragile, though. Boozer is hurt often, Kobe's injuries, Lin is kinda soft. I dunno... thing just have to all come together perfectly to make a run and I think there's a decent chance of that, maybe 40% chance.

What we need is for this team to epically tank and everything to go wrong so that we can keep that top 3 protected pick from Phoenix.

What we need is for this team to epically tank and everything to go wrong so that we can keep that top 3 protected pick from Phoenix.
Is the draft even going to be good next year? Probably nowhere near last year's talent. You're not guaranteed a high pick anyway. Look at Cleveland getting #1 with such low odds, although that was rigged.

Fjordson

Is the draft even going to be good next year? Probably nowhere near last year's talent. You're not guaranteed a high pick anyway. Look at Cleveland getting #1 with such low odds, although that was rigged.
The top three will be as good as anyone in this past draft. Emmanuel Mudiay, Jahlil Okafor and Karl Towns. Really better than the entire '14 class save for maybe Jabari. Decent sized drop off after those three, though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The season needs to start already, although I readily admit, rooting against Miami was always good for some fun and I will miss it.

Hopefully Kobe shut down some of the hate with his performance last night. 27 points on 50% shooting. 5 TOs and some sloppy defense were the major flaws in his game, but I think he can improve his defense to at least a competent level, and he's always been hit or miss with TOs.

KingGondo

Banned
Hopefully Kobe shut down some of the hate with his performance last night. 27 points on 50% shooting. 5 TOs and some sloppy defense were the major flaws in his game, but I think he can improve his defense to at least a competent level, and he's always been hit or miss with TOs.
It's the fucking preseason.

agrajag

Banned

Wade got 26 points and 6 assists last night. That should tell you about pre-season games.

I would also like an invite to the NBA fantasy league. Heres hoping I wont miss the draft.

B-Easy, Yao and Delonte West chillin somewhere in China. Yao signed the two to play for Shanghai Sharks.
10735021_703619539729386_1259834782_n.jpg

The Cavs got this. They are my favourite team.
IbAo3ex.png

Went to the Heat preseason game last night. Looks like rebounding will be a bigger problem this year than even when we were dead last in rebounding last year. Dwight Howard was ruthlessly raping us on the offensive rebounding

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm just happy that James Jones and Mike Miller are part of our team.

What a time to be alive.

Hahaha yeah, it really is a great time to be alive.

Even though my Cavs have the East locked down, I'm a little worried about the Lakers winning the West. 60 wins are a lock but the playoffs might be tough.

Elrond Hubbard

Neo Member
At the very least, Kobe's last few games show that he's clearly not the fucking 40th best player in the league.

I expect him to end up somewhere in the top 20.

Saw the Clippers playing GS last night and tonight again against PHX.

Why is the NBA still having teams play B2B's during pre-season...... It makes no sense..

Top Bottom