• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Whelp, let's go Wolves! I can always count on them to disappoint me every year :(
I know it was just a preseason game, but it was kind of annoying that ESPN's highlights of the Wolves and Bulls game last night didn't show a single wolves basket despite them winning.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
*breathes in deep*

Mmmm smell, that fellas? Smells like the start of a new tank. Oh yeah. Bring it on.

P.s. number 30 isn't as bad as I'd thought he'd be. But we'll really see soon enough.

Fjordson

Can any GS fan post their opinion on Nedovic and Kuzmic? :)
Both have shown flashes of being decent. But I can't see Nedovic getting much time. Maybe if we were to have some injuries, but Barbosa and Livingston are well ahead of him as far as backcourt depth goes. Or even Justin Holliday who seems like an okay shooter off the bench.

Kuzmic ain't bad and with Bogut and Ezeli coming off injuries I could maybe see him playing some.

So basically both seem improved, but I can only see Kuzmic making any sort of impact this year.

Can any GS fan post their opinion on Nedovic and Kuzmic? :)

Sure, I'll bite.

Nedovic...prior to this preseason I'd written the guy off as a bust. He's had some good games playing for Golden State's D-league team (Santa Cruz) but for whatever reason (poor coaching by Mark Jackson, injuries) he's never seemed agressive enough with his offense during real NBA games to stand out from the likes of Kent Bazemore and even Steve Blake.

During this preseason he's shown flashes of confidence, which I think was sorely lacking in his game last year. I think he now feels he can take some NBA level talent off the dribble and get to the rack. Plus, he's got a decent outside shot.

imo he's a worse on ball defender than Curry.

Kuz...tall body, great size for a center, with good, quick feet for their huge size. Short arms even though he has a long torso.

Biggest concern for me with Kuz is his conditioning, followed by his lack of leaping ability. He's a rim protector, but not a very good one. He moves his feet quickly, but he gets tired quick. He can get boards, but he's much better at it against guys that aren't nearly as tall as he because he doesn't jump well.

I like Kuz alot as the 3rd string center. Rim protector that can keep a body on DeAndre Jordan and most other 7 footers in the league. If he develops any type of offensive game he will have been worth the draft pick.

I really do like Kuz movement. He's not a lanky runner in the legs. His are stought...strong...and can move really well with them. He has a strong lower base, but he's not athletic. Still...big body and the Warriors sorely needed one of those in the playoff series against the Clippers.

Subitai

Mavs offense gonna be crazy, and defense should be a step up compared to last year. Probably a top 5 offense along with a middle of pack defense. Should be a fun season. I'm excited.
Shouldn't it be better than that with Chandler back to rim protect?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....s-have-yet-to-offer-a-max-contract-extension/

How is Klay Thompson a max guy? Who is he kidding? 18/3/2 doesn't get you a fucking max contract. The only argument people could have is that he hasn't hit his ceiling yet so you're giving him the max for his inevitable leap. Guess what? That's a bunch of bullshit. This guy's ceiling is like 20-21 PPG. Doesn't rebound, doesn't pass well, he's a good defender and shooter. That's it. Every other scrub in the league wants a max deal now. First Bledsoe, now Klay.

Hieberrr

Yeah, baby! After a busy 6-7 years, the NBA is back in my heart. I'm really hoping the Raps take it further this year and at least make it to the second round.

Fjordson

Really tough situation with Klay. I'm not sure what the front office should do honestly.

Part of me thinks he isn't that far off from being worth the max. I mean the cap is going up and I can't think of any better 2 guards in the league right now. Maybe Harden, but he's a one way player and Klay's ability to play off the ball is perfect next to Curry. So at least for this team I can't think of a better shooting guard.

Will hurt to lose him if we let him walk. But at the same time if his production drops off at all then that contract will be rough.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Really tough situation with Klay. I'm not sure what the front office should do honestly.

Part of me thinks he isn't that far off from being worth the max. I mean the cap is going up and I can't think of any better 2 guards in the league right now. Maybe Harden, but he's a one way player and Klay's ability to play off the ball is perfect next to Curry. So at least for this team I can't think of a better shooting guard.

Will hurt to lose him if we let him walk. But at the same time if his production drops off at all then that contract will be rough.

Nah if the Warriors let him walk they are fucking up..... pay him what he is worth as a top 5 SG.

The Warriors didn't trade for Kevin love to keep him and then don't want to give him a max prior to the cap raising? If that's the case the Warriors are cheap in my opinion because that's the only reasonable reason not to pay him.

Fjordson

Nah if the Warriors let him walk they are fucking up..... pay him what he is worth as a top 5 SG.

The Warriors didn't trade for Kevin love to keep him and then don't want to give him a max prior to the cap raising? If that's the case the Warriors are cheap in my opinion because that's the only reasonable reason not to pay him.
I think I agree with you. Like I'm nervous that he won't continue at a high level, but I guess that's just part of the risk. Unless it's like Lebron or KD, you gotta be willing to take a risk on a guy.

And good point about the Kevin Love thing. We backed off and were adamant about keeping Klay instead. Letting him go would be kinda dumb now.

JoeFu

Banned
Shouldn't it be better than that with Chandler back to rim protect?

They were like 20 something last year. Tyson will help, and so will getting rid of Calderon, but I doubt they improve that drastically. If they do that would be amazing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think I agree with you. Like I'm nervous that he won't continue at a high level, but I guess that's just part of the risk. Unless it's like Lebron or KD, you gotta be willing to take a risk on a guy.

And good point about the Kevin Love thing. We backed off and were adamant about keeping Klay instead. Letting him go would be kinda dumb now.

I'm not worried about Klay

He came in the league with hype about his potential and every year he has got closer to reaching that potential.

It's not like he got nice in a contract year, or was never on anyone's radar. Klay is exactly what he is suppose to be and if the Warriors don't max him a smarter less cheap organization will.

Though honestly I think this is all a plot by the Warriors to try to get Klay to take slightly less than the max. It's a greedy move but I think that's what the Warriors are aiming for. If Klay refuses to budge I see the Warriors giving him the max be wants.

Cipherr

Cant wait for the Heat to overachieve this year in relation to expectations.
KuGsj.gif

And can't wait to see the bandwagon haters move from Miami crying to Cleveland crying
3AQmK.gif

Splatt

Both have shown flashes of being decent. But I can't see Nedovic getting much time. Maybe if we were to have some injuries, but Barbosa and Livingston are well ahead of him as far as backcourt depth goes. Or even Justin Holliday who seems like an okay shooter off the bench.

Kuzmic ain't bad and with Bogut and Ezeli coming off injuries I could maybe see him playing some.

So basically both seem improved, but I can only see Kuzmic making any sort of impact this year.

Sure, I'll bite.

Nedovic...prior to this preseason I'd written the guy off as a bust. He's had some good games playing for Golden State's D-league team (Santa Cruz) but for whatever reason (poor coaching by Mark Jackson, injuries) he's never seemed agressive enough with his offense during real NBA games to stand out from the likes of Kent Bazemore and even Steve Blake.

During this preseason he's shown flashes of confidence, which I think was sorely lacking in his game last year. I think he now feels he can take some NBA level talent off the dribble and get to the rack. Plus, he's got a decent outside shot.

imo he's a worse on ball defender than Curry.

Kuz...tall body, great size for a center, with good, quick feet for their huge size. Short arms even though he has a long torso.

Biggest concern for me with Kuz is his conditioning, followed by his lack of leaping ability. He's a rim protector, but not a very good one. He moves his feet quickly, but he gets tired quick. He can get boards, but he's much better at it against guys that aren't nearly as tall as he because he doesn't jump well.

I like Kuz alot as the 3rd string center. Rim protector that can keep a body on DeAndre Jordan and most other 7 footers in the league. If he develops any type of offensive game he will have been worth the draft pick.

I really do like Kuz movement. He's not a lanky runner in the legs. His are stought...strong...and can move really well with them. He has a strong lower base, but he's not athletic. Still...big body and the Warriors sorely needed one of those in the playoff series against the Clippers.

Thanks for the lengthy writeup :)

Shame about Nedovic still not being up to NBA standards, I hope he'll continue improving but I fear he's going to waste another year. He should have remained in Europe a few more years, imo...

I just want both of them to come good in the near future, it would mean a lot to our national team.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....s-have-yet-to-offer-a-max-contract-extension/

How is Klay Thompson a max guy? Who is he kidding? 18/3/2 doesn't get you a fucking max contract. The only argument people could have is that he hasn't hit his ceiling yet so you're giving him the max for his inevitable leap. Guess what? That's a bunch of bullshit. This guy's ceiling is like 20-21 PPG. Doesn't rebound, doesn't pass well, he's a good defender and shooter. That's it. Every other scrub in the league wants a max deal now. First Bledsoe, now Klay.

The way he has been playing lately, he is playing like a max player. Again I have doubts myself, they say he is the complete package in terms of scoring inside and out, which is just laughable to me. Again this league overpays a lot of players.

Goddamn, with Steve Nash's career probably being over, all of the drooling love for him I keep hearing about him on the radio and TV is infuriating.

He was an great offensive player, but he might be the worst defensive player I've ever seen that's considered a "superstar." That negates so much of his value, in my opinion.

Because of that, I'll always say Jason Kidd in his prime >>>>> Steve Nash in his prime.

Count me in!

In for the fantasy dreams.

Loving this Warriors support in here. I think we've got a good shot. My friend is adamant we are going to get the rise of Black Falcon once and for all.

I saw an article hinting that Kerr might try starting him with Iguodala on the bench. I kind of like the idea of that, if the defense doesn't suffer too much.
I'm still interested, but the link to it I got in a PM said the league was full so not sure what's going on.

I'm down for FB if there's still room.

So only DCX that manage to run fantasy league?

Awesome! Quote to see email tag link to the league:

It looks like we got about 8 people interested so far. So there are 4 slots still open if anyone wants to join.

If we don't have enough at the end of the day ill repost the link without publicly in case any lurkers want to get it on this

Awesome! Quote to see email tag link to the league:

It looks like we got about 8 people interested so far. So there are 4 slots still open if anyone wants to join.

If we don't have enough at the end of the day ill repost the link without publicly in case any lurkers want to get it on this

In.

You seem to omit Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons. Why is that?

He was 18/3/2 because his coaches offensive scheme dictated he shoot from the perimeter.

15 million per is what he's going to make. Who in the league right now do you think is worth 15 million per.

You seem to omit Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons. Why is that?

He was 18/3/2 because his coaches offensive scheme dictated he shoot from the perimeter.

15 million per is what he's going to make. Who in the league right now do you think is worth 15 million per.
Anyone not named Kobe isn't worth the max in his reality

Anyone not named Kobe isn't worth the max in his reality

Yeah...in two years...at 32 Carmelo Anthony is going to make 24.5 million per year. Add a couple million to that the following year.

Steph Curry...who plays average defense is probably going to sign for 22 million per.

Kobe....who Klay is currently...if anything...equal to right now in value...makes how much?

AcridMeat

Banned
Hey we've got six in the fantasy league right now, any chance we can do the draft tonight? I work Monday night and the draft is set to 11:45pm pacific Monday anyway, which seems crazy for everybody else.

Hey we've got six in the fantasy league right now, any chance we can do the draft tonight? I work Monday night and the draft is set to 11:45pm pacific Monday anyway, which seems crazy for everybody else.

I just set it as a temp draft time. I wanted to get everyone locked in first and see what draft time would be best for everyone. There was a few more ppl pending.

BTW Yahoo's new fantasy app is surprisingly great so you can draft from anywhere with a connection

Apath

My man McDermott will be the first player to win both MVP and RoY awards, averaging 34PPG and leading us to our first championship in almost 20 years after defeating the Clippers in the finals.

I just set it as a temp draft time. I wanted to get everyone locked in first and see what draft time would be best for everyone. There was a few more ppl pending.

BTW Yahoo's new fantasy app is surprisingly great so you can draft from anywhere with a connection

I would prefer it later tonight.

AcridMeat

Banned

Figured that was the case, just making sure.

If we can get everyone to chime in on a good time for them, would still prefer tonight as well. Thanks for taking the reigns btw.

B.O.O.M

Fantasy HALP!

I need 3s, assts, pts.

Should I draft 2 PGs (Teague, Lin or Oladipo) or 1 PG (Teague) and one 3s (Korver/Ryno)?

I would say 2 PG's..Teague and either Lin/Oladipo

But I'm not really knowledgeable about how Fantasy leagues work so someone else might have better advice

Not sure about a draft tonight since were still only at 7 people right now and it all came together so soon. I'm gonna continue rounding up people to we have atleast 10

Fantasy HALP!

I need 3s, assts, pts.

Should I draft 2 PGs (Teague, Lin or Oladipo) or 1 PG (Teague) and one 3s (Korver/Ryno)?

yeah I would go with 2 PGs since good ones are hard to come by.

Do you guys think Michael Thompson will increase Klay's allowance when he signs?

0tQHsGT.gif

Hieberrr

I just did my first ever fantasy league draft through Yahoo. Is this the best fantasy site or are there better ones?

Thanks guys, I'll try to load on 3s late draft then. Ola will be back by dec so I'll wait on drafting him. If someone else gets him oh well :(.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I just wanted to come in since I join the fantasy league that MrFoxDie set up. I look forward to being salty whenever the Knicks lose.

Mavs offense gonna be crazy, and defense should be a step up compared to last year. Probably a top 5 offense along with a middle of pack defense. Should be a fun season. I'm excited.

Looks like JJ is coming back after his buyout. Cubes is putting the band back together.

Top Bottom