• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

My team:

pmK08TI.png

Not sure how I feel about it.

Eagerly awaiting the one true king's return

Jonm1010

Banned
Really considering the Pelicans as one of my five League Pass Choice teams.

Warriors
Lakers
Bulls
Cavs
Pelicans

Why Pelicans? Love Anthony Davis' game...plus the Pelicans play in the Southwest division along with San Antonio, Houston and Dallas. Each of those teams gets at least 3 games with the Pelicans during the season.

I was thinking of going with Phoenix...but it seemed like a waste to choose 3 teams in the same division. Plus, the Suns are one of those franchises, like Portland, that if I watch them I'm probably going to root against them in every game. Dragic...not a fan. Morris brothers...look like they are ready to fight every night....

Thought about the Spurs, but they are going to have a ton of network broadcast games this season, and I've already got the Bulls, Cavs and Warriors who are also going to have a ton of nationally televised games.

Pelicans...yup.
Good choice. If reports are right the Pelicans are gonna play some exciting basketball. High tempo, tough inside D, a team with some really good shooters and Anthony Davis hopefully taking another leap forward. Our offense, when healthy last year(which wasn't for long) put up some ridiculous offensive numbers....We just gave up a ridiculous amount on the other end, but with Asik in the lineup that should help tremendously.

Plus I think we will surprise a lot of people if we stay healthy. I don't want to jinx anything but this is the most excited I've been for a New Orleans team since 07.

How is Houston favored by 7 @ Staples? Fuck Dwight. Both him and Harden are the two most unlikable guys in the league. Lakers are going to fucking destroy you tonight.

Fjordson

So glad season is finally starting. Wish Warriors were playing tonight though.

David Lee is doubtful for tomorrow night because of a leg injury or something. First step in Draymond Green's plan to slowly phase out D. Lee :lol

Fjordson

Coach Nick really seems to like the Warriors' new offense
. I have to admit his videos breaking down Kerr's offense during the preseason have me very hopeful..
Yeah, I saw that. So much good stuff. He also has a discussion video where they believe the Warriors will contend for the top spot in the West.

I'm not ready to go that far. Need to shore up our sloppy turnovers and staying healthy is far from guaranteed with our personnel, but this could be a real good season.

jptrey06

Good choice. If reports are right the Pelicans are gonna play some exciting basketball. High tempo, tough inside D, a team with some really good shooters and Anthony Davis hopefully taking another leap forward. Our offense, when healthy last year(which wasn't for long) put up some ridiculous offensive numbers....We just gave up a ridiculous amount on the other end, but with Asik in the lineup that should help tremendously.

Plus I think we will surprise a lot of people if we stay healthy. I don't want to jinx anything but this is the most excited I've been for a New Orleans team since 07.

Yup pelicans is going to be in the mix for playoffs this year. They were pretty competitive last year despite losing Anderson.

I'm just hoping Monty will use Jimmer the right way because I'm pretty sure he's a big upgrade over Roberts and may become a huge factor of the bench. He might not be a good defender but he's not that awful either. Plus when you have Davis or Asik underneath, Jimmer's D won't matter anyways lol
Let Austin Rivers rot in the bench lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lakers might very well be an awful 25-30 win team this year.

But i need this win tonight. Kobe gonna deliver it.

Jonm1010

Banned
Pelicans looking like dogshit to start.

When Asik is your leading scorer and you are hitting 3-13 FT you have some issues.

.....Tyreke Evans and Asik are the only two that apparently were made aware we have an actual game tonight.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yup pelicans is going to be in the mix for playoffs this year. They were pretty competitive last year despite losing Anderson.

I'm just hoping Monty will use Jimmer the right way because I'm pretty sure he's a big upgrade over Roberts and may become a huge factor of the bench. He might not be a good defender but he's not that awful either. Plus when you have Davis or Asik underneath, Jimmer's D won't matter anyways lol
Let Austin Rivers rot in the bench lol

Monty just falls in love with marginal players he can identify with. Roberts was last year, this year it is gonna be Salmons. He already made him second off the bench despite looking like crap every preseason game and being outplayed by a number of other players, such as Jimmer.

League Pass working for anyone? I'm not getting the Pelicans game.

WTF? League Pass audio works fine.

I can watch the pellies game just fine.. But the sprus-mavs game is blacked out on my LP (on PC) but I can watch it through TNT. I expect the same scenario for Rox Lakers game, since i live in Houston.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Out in LA for worked and scored some baseline tickets to tonight's game... Just missing out on seeing the Jazz Monday against the clips.. Oh well hopefully this is a good game

Top Bottom