• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Yeah I posted a topic in the league board. I should be good pretty much anytime since I'll have my phone. Morning or Evening (PST), Monday - Thursday

I know Acrid said he has work tomorrow night so maybe in the morning? Again, If its too soon for everyone, since this was such short notice, we can just push it to the weekend.

edit: awww yisss full league.

lol

Was able to get in. Got the app (w/c was surprisingly good) so any time or date is fine by me. Imma try to get Bron, Bosh and Wade togetther again lol.

For them not to give their second best player 15m, when the cap is about to be 90m is pretty comical.

I agree. Also that's the reason why Bledsoe, Bosh and Wade's contract doesn't look bad to me.

JoeFu

Banned
Not sure how I feel about JJB potentially coming back. We have guys that attack the basket now, his skillset isn't really needed anymore.

Pimpwerx

A new season, and surprisingly little talk about the Heat this go 'round. I can't fathom why. Some minor offseason roster changes, but I think everything's stayed more or less the same. Got rid of one older, slightly used James from the boring midwest, and replaced him with a sporty, new James from the west syeed.

Wizards up first. Hop aboard the hype train, gents. It's gonna be a magical ride. Bosh. Wade. Ennis. The league's been put on notice. PEACE.

Alright, Draft time is set to:

TODAY - Mon Oct 27 - 3:30pm PDT/6:30pm EST

Seemed like the best time for everyone judging from everyones posts. Following Yahoo's mock draft scenarios, I have set the draft pick time set to :30 seconds. (This goes by really quick, so be ready) I think this puts the estimated draft length at about 45-60min.

Reminder you can draft from your phone using Yahoo's fantasy app and I heard its a good experience as long as you have connection.

I did open up the league to 14 teams for a second, but decided 12 would be best for now since the majority was adamant on drafting today since the season starts tomorrow. This should also make the draft length time shorter as well as allow for more player selection just in case some people have to auto draft. Next season i'll definitely open it up to 14 or 16 teams, i'm just really happy we got 12 teams in such a short amount of time. I was worried because C4Lukins, the one that was originally going to set up a GAFLeague, was saying that he couldn't generate enough interest to even get a league started.

So yeah next season will definitely open up to 14/16 teams. Seems like the demand is there and we'll have a lot more time to get people to join. We will also definitely not draft the day before the season opener. <_<

PBY

Banned
A new season, and surprisingly little talk about the Heat this go 'round. I can't fathom why. Some minor offseason roster changes, but I think everything's stayed more or less the same. Got rid of one older, slightly used James from the boring midwest, and replaced him with a sporty, new James from the west syeed.

Wizards up first. Hop aboard the hype train, gents. It's gonna be a magical ride. Bosh. Wade. Ennis. The league's been put on notice. PEACE.
WE COMIN FOR DAT 7 SEEEEEED

PG Stephen Curry, GS PG, SG
SG Eric Gordon, Nor SG
SF Gordon Hayward, Uta SG, SF
PF Jordan Hill, LAL PF, C DTD
C Nikola Pekovic, Min C
G Brandon Knight, Mil PG, SG
F David West, Ind PF DTD
UTIL Nicolas Batum, Por SF, SG
UTIL Paul Millsap, Atl PF
UTIL Nene Hilario, Wsh PF, C DTD
Bench Marcus smart PG
Bench J.J. Hickson,
Bench Corey Brewer, Min SF

Guys this is my nba fantasy team what do you guys think ? I did the best that I could.

Pastry

Banned
Alright, Draft time is set to:

TODAY - Mon Oct 27 - 3:30pm PDT/6:30pm EST

Seemed like the best time for everyone judging from everyones posts. Following Yahoo's mock draft scenarios, I have set the draft pick time set to :30 seconds. (This goes by really quick, so be ready) I think this puts the estimated draft length at about 45-60min.

Reminder you can draft from your phone using Yahoo's fantasy app and I heard its a good experience as long as you have connection.

I did open up the league to 14 teams for a second, but decided 12 would be best for now since the majority was adamant on drafting today since the season starts tomorrow. This should also make the draft length time shorter as well as allow for more player selection just in case some people have to auto draft. Next season i'll definitely open it up to 14 or 16 teams, i'm just really happy we got 12 teams in such a short amount of time. I was worried because C4Lukins, the one that was originally going to set up a GAFLeague, was saying that he couldn't generate enough interest to even get a league started.

So yeah next season will definitely open up to 14/16 teams. Seems like the demand is there and we'll have a lot more time to get people to join. We will also definitely not draft the day before the season opener. <_<

So 5:30 CST, that works for me. I might miss the second half of the draft but auto draft will take care of that for me!

Meet the Knicks new PG. They are going to need her infectious singing after the beatdown that is gonna happen on Wednesday.
nc9f7fhsrfskaf9szrit.jpg

B.O.O.M

@royceyoung: Two injuries today, actually. Reggie Jackson twisted an ankle and Jeremy Lamb hurt his back. Both questionable for Wednesday.

@royceyoung: Scott Brooks on the Thunder's injury run: "Never seen anything like it." As it stands now, they'll have nine available players for Wednesday

welp

Sorry OKC fans, hope they make a quick recovery at least

@royceyoung: Two injuries today, actually. Reggie Jackson twisted an ankle and Jeremy Lamb hurt his back. Both questionable for Wednesday.

@royceyoung: Scott Brooks on the Thunder's injury run: "Never seen anything like it." As it stands now, they'll have nine available players for Wednesday

welp

Sorry OKC fans, hope they make a quick recovery at least
Ynot is going to wreck fantasy

PG Stephen Curry, GS PG, SG
SG Eric Gordon, Nor SG
SF Gordon Hayward, Uta SG, SF
PF Jordan Hill, LAL PF, C DTD
C Nikola Pekovic, Min C
G Brandon Knight, Mil PG, SG
F David West, Ind PF DTD
UTIL Nicolas Batum, Por SF, SG
UTIL Paul Millsap, Atl PF
UTIL Nene Hilario, Wsh PF, C DTD
Bench Marcus smart PG
Bench J.J. Hickson,
Bench Corey Brewer, Min SF

Guys this is my nba fantasy team what do you guys think ? I did the best that I could.

Not bad, but Giannis may run the point at some point on MIL as absurd as that sounds.

My Team:

Chris Paul LAC - PG
Klay Thomspon GS- SG,SF
Gordon Hayward Uta - SG,SF
Andre Drummond Det- PF,C
Tim Duncan SA- PF, C

Aaron Afflalo Den - SG,SF
Robin Lopez Por - C
Greg Monroe Det- PF, C
Dwayne Wade Mia - PG, SG
Eric Gordon NO - SG
Dion Waiters CLE - SG
Kelly Olynyk Bos - C

we'll see how it goes, but def making some trades

B.O.O.M

wish I had taken part in the draft..sadly I have no idea how any of this works :S

But anywho Guys Regular Season is almost here!!!!! :D So happy

Here's my lineup

Mamba better be in good shape. I'm fucked if he misses a ton of games.

edit: those 6 centers tho :_:

Lol Kobe

My lineup

PG-Tony Parker
SG-Klay Thompson, Born Ready
SF-Carmelo Anthony
PF-Boozer, Greg Monroe (dumb pick)
C-Marc Gasol
-Kelly Olynyk
-Isaiah Thomas
-Harrison Barnes
-Antetokounmpo
-Iggy
-Andrey Blatche

Not too bad but I'm looking for offers for Klay. Too many chuckers

Pastry

Banned
2aMRrbW.jpg

Injuries, injuries everywhere. I'm hoping Brook Lopez will be ready to go by Wednesday. Otherwise I don't think I'm going to do much about the injuries, West should be back by the third or fourth game. I'm considering dropping Frye but I'm not sure if there is anyone to add that would be worth it.

Lol Kobe

My lineup

PG-Tony Parker
SG-Klay Thompson, Born Ready
SF-Carmelo Anthony
PF-Boozer, Greg Monroe (dumb pick)
C-Marc Gasol
-Kelly Olynyk
-Isaiah Thomas
-Harrison Barnes
-Antetokounmpo
-Iggy
-Andrey Blatche

Not too bad but I'm looking for offers for Klay. Too many chuckers
Look Mamba is ready and hungry for this coming season:
"I know what I do out there in practice every day. You guys don't see it," Bryant said after Monday's practice. "My teammates know, but you guys don't see it. You haven't seen what you'll hopefully see in the regular season."

That and along with injuries to Henry, Nick Young, R kelly.. Kobe gonna take me to the fantasy basketball's promised land.

And I like your Greek Freek pick. He's gonna be filling up the stat sheets with that team. I also intentionally stayed away from Spurs players. I imagine its gonna be raining "DNP Coaches decision" or a solid 15mins of playing time whenever spurs plays a tanking team lol.

Aw yeah. Tip off is just a few hours away.. Them FA/LeBron news burned me the hell out. Now its time to play ball.

Injuries, injuries everywhere. I'm hoping Brook Lopez will be ready to go by Wednesday. Otherwise I don't think I'm going to do much about the injuries, West should be back by the third or fourth game. I'm considering dropping Frye but I'm not sure if there is anyone to add that would be worth it.

That's a solid line-up. I would keep frye if I were you. But that's me expecting him to be back soon and be being a starter over the younger dudes. If he's not getting minutes then yeah you probably have to let him go.

Norris cole is starting btw chalmers off the bench, he should be available in most leagues, I picked him up since I got David west in the IR so with that open slot I'll give him a shot.

Really considering the Pelicans as one of my five League Pass Choice teams.

Warriors
Lakers
Bulls
Cavs
Pelicans

Why Pelicans? Love Anthony Davis' game...plus the Pelicans play in the Southwest division along with San Antonio, Houston and Dallas. Each of those teams gets at least 3 games with the Pelicans during the season.

I was thinking of going with Phoenix...but it seemed like a waste to choose 3 teams in the same division. Plus, the Suns are one of those franchises, like Portland, that if I watch them I'm probably going to root against them in every game. Dragic...not a fan. Morris brothers...look like they are ready to fight every night....

Thought about the Spurs, but they are going to have a ton of network broadcast games this season, and I've already got the Bulls, Cavs and Warriors who are also going to have a ton of nationally televised games.

Pelicans...yup.

Top Bottom