• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Blablurn

Melo. Wiping his tears with all the money. Way to waste a career.

Of course he's not wasting it but there was so much potential.

And now there is just New York. Sadness.

Anyone ever gone to a game alone? I bought a ticket when I was dating this chick a month ago and it seems like she bailed lol haven't spoken to her in two weeks.

Pastry

Banned
Anyone ever gone to a game alone? I bought tickets when I was dating this chick a month ago and it seems like she bailed lol haven't spoken to her in two weeks.

You don't have any friends you can go with? I usually send out a blast on FB if I have an extra ticket.

You don't have any friends you can go with? I usually send out a blast on FB if I have an extra ticket.
Whoops, just noticed I used the plural form.

I only have one ticket since she bought it for us and I just gave her the money. It's not a big deal if I do go alone I'd have just liked to know if she cancelled so I can ask for her ticket and get someone else. The particular seat still shows up as taken on the ticketmaster page so she either sold it or still is going. If it's the former I'll just befriend the person beside me lol.

after how badly the players bent over last time and the HUGE TV deal that just happened, alongside the 2 billion dollar sale of the clippers, yeah, the players would be stupid to not lock out the owners until they get their concessions. Lucky for them, Derek Fisher is now part of the new era of knicks mismanagement, so they might have competent people on their side.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Haven't been this furious over a Heat loss in a while, couldn't even listen to The Ticket on the drive home from work. Had to disconnect from basketball for a few hours.
They're tanking on accident, otherwise know as Knicking.
But since they're the Knicks, they still won't end up with a top 5 pick.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
after how badly the players bent over last time and the HUGE TV deal that just happened, alongside the 2 billion dollar sale of the clippers, yeah, the players would be stupid to not lock out the owners until they get their concessions. Lucky for them, Derek Fisher is now part of the new era of knicks mismanagement, so they might have competent people on their side.

The extra revenue will already trickle down to them. The players get 49-51% of all BRI. So the new money will go to them in basically a 50/50 split.

Did you read the article with what she was saying?

The age limit, admittedly is bullshit.. but I still think it's best for the game. I'd rather see kids play in college for a few years instead of one and done. Maybe the best system would be allow to be drafted out of high-school, or have to be 21 or complete their junior year. Again, I know using college as unpaid minor leagues is bullshit.. but I still think it's the best thing for breeding talent.. and a system that let's the best of the best high-school kids in or makes them go to college or overseas and wait is better system. It'd make college ball better too.

The idea of not allowing a "spike" after the TV money makes sense, though in theory it seems bad.. you'd have teams forced to sign guys for more money to just hit the raised min cap because their still won't be enough talent on the FA market to have everyone sign... raising in over a period of time means more guys will get that money in a more even split.. and give teams in a rebuilding mode a chance to rebuild without being forced to take on money they don't need to be spending.

The idea of no cap... that'd be fucking horrible for the game. Small market teams would be decimated and large market teams would be able to horde free agents en masse. It sucks in baseball as is.. but baseball has aspects that keep things still somewhat in balance.. the fact you field so many players.. the fact that a player has to have played in the Majors for 6 years.. making MOST free agents in baseball be considerably older than a lot of their NFL or NBA counterparts as they could have also spent multiple seasons in the minors.. it wouldn't be odd to see a guy turning 30 eligible for the first time... thus a MLB team can still field a credible team through smart draft picks, a solid minor league system, and trading potential FA for further draft picks ensuring a constant stream of talent... the NBA doesn't work like that.

No cap would destroy the NBA.

iamblades

The extra revenue will already trickle down to them. The players get 49-51% of all BRI. So the new money will go to them in basically a 50/50 split.

Did you read the article with what she was saying?

The age limit, admittedly is bullshit.. but I still think it's best for the game. I'd rather see kids play in college for a few years instead of one and done. Maybe the best system would be allow to be drafted out of high-school, or have to be 21 or complete their junior year. Again, I know using college as unpaid minor leagues is bullshit.. but I still think it's the best thing for breeding talent.. and a system that let's the best of the best high-school kids in or makes them go to college or overseas and wait is better system. It'd make college ball better too.

The idea of not allowing a "spike" after the TV money makes sense, though in theory it seems bad.. you'd have teams forced to sign guys for more money to just hit the raised min cap because their still won't be enough talent on the FA market to have everyone sign... raising in over a period of time means more guys will get that money in a more even split.. and give teams in a rebuilding mode a chance to rebuild without being forced to take on money they don't need to be spending.

The idea of no cap... that'd be fucking horrible for the game. Small market teams would be decimated and large market teams would be able to horde free agents en masse. It sucks in baseball as is.. but baseball has aspects that keep things still somewhat in balance.. the fact you field so many players.. the fact that a player has to have played in the Majors for 6 years.. making MOST free agents in baseball be considerably older than a lot of their NFL or NBA counterparts as they could have also spent multiple seasons in the minors.. it wouldn't be odd to see a guy turning 30 eligible for the first time... thus a MLB team can still field a credible team through smart draft picks, a solid minor league system, and trading potential FA for further draft picks ensuring a constant stream of talent... the NBA doesn't work like that.

No cap would destroy the NBA.

The age limit is fine, I agree, and the salary cap/tax system is fine as well.

The idea of the rookie pay scale and max contracts needs to go though, as not only does it result in superstars being underpaid, it fundamentally alters the leagues competitive balance, as some teams can get multiple superstars and other teams are forced into paying subpar players max money because they can't do anything else with the money.

BadAss2961

Thibs has to get Mirotic and McDermott more involved. They haven't been getting enough minutes to get into any type of rhythm.

Mix them in with Rose more often instead of just playing them together with the rest of the bench.

C4Lukins

Where are the 76ers draft picks going? You can only tank for so many years before your original tanking draft pick becomes a free agent.

Where are the 76ers draft picks going? You can only tank for so many years before your original tanking draft pick becomes a free agent.

Well they already let Evan Turner go last year.

/shrug

Don't they typically have kind of shitty luck with the lottery? I know they got the No.2 for 2014 but other than that.

Top Bottom