• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

MVP

Banned
That was a beautiful shot. Surprised at this comeback.

Short-lived, here comes their implosion.

zG1oAYh.gif

Haha MVP :p

Hell I didn't think the Mavs had this sort of comeback win in em. Commentators were saying it's the third biggest comeback in mavs history.

B.O.O.M

Portland came back from a 23 point deficit to WIN! Holy cow what a fun game that was

Thrillard, LMA and Wes all showed up

Portland is playing good defense this season so far :D I'm happy.

AcridMeat

Banned
Another game where Bogut doesn't put up any shots. I know they're using him more in the passing role but he needs to get some time in the low block and look for a few hooks or something. The guy had a solid post game before.

5-0 start....2 solid losses to bring the hype down to earth. Pop and the Spurs sure did put on a clinic against the dubs. Warriors shot over 50% (Barnes and Thompson both had great games) for the night and still loss by 13 simply because the Spurs were able to get more quality possessions from careless turnovers and offensive rebounds. Hopefully Kerr is able to use these last two losses as good teaching points.

Also, wtf is up with Iggy? It's ok to take some shots and assert yourself on defense. That one play where he was at the rim and flings a pass back to the top of the key for no good reason was ridiculous. You aren't paid 10+ mil a year to be a role player.

AcridMeat

Banned
Also, wtf is up with Iggy? It's ok to take some shots and assert yourself on defense. That one play where he was at the rim and flings a pass back to the top of the key for no good reason was ridiculous. You aren't paid 10+ mil a year to be a role player.
Noticed that too. Another play on defense he just completely lost Ginobili as well.

I was hoping the move to the bench would make him think more aggressively on offense and look for shots, but maybe it was a confidence hit?

KidJr

I really need to come in this thread more, Spurs last night showed how good of a team they can be. I have no worries what so ever in making the western finals this season, I really think this could be Greg's first back to back year (partly because we're that good and no one has improved enough I think)

Tom Penny

So do Bulls fans still respect Rose even though he's confirmed he's one of the softest players in the league that is robbing the organization and fans?

I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out or whatever, but I think a lot of people don't understand that ... when I sit out it's not because of this year.

"I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball.

zychi

Banned
So do Bulls fans still respect Rose even though he's confirmed he's one of the softest players in the league that is robbing the organization and fans?
Yup, hes super duper soft after two knee surgeries, almost 3 seasons lost, watched paul George break his leg in person

I assume you dont watch tnt and kenny smith's hobbling ass every week slowly jiggle his legs to the back of a studio. The same kenny smith who says he has arthritis and knee replacement surgery.

But hey, derrick is "soft" because he wants to be able to play sports with his son and not chuck up the most missed shots with a destroyed achilles like some players.

Yup, hes super duper soft after two knee surgeries, almost 3 seasons lost, watched paul George break his leg in person

I assume you dont watch tnt and kenny smith's hobbling ass every week slowly jiggle his legs to the back of a studio. The same kenny smith who says he has arthritis and knee replacement surgery.

But hey, derrick is "soft" because he wants to be able to play sports with his son and not chuck up the most missed shots with a destroyed achilles like some players.

You activated his trap card.

PBY

Banned

Why did you give him this

Rose is fine to think that, but REAL SPORTS FANS are gonna rip him for it. Had he bended the truth a bit and said that he was just taking it game by game and wanted to ensure that he would be ready for the playoffs, no one would've batted an eye and everyone would've said what a smart move that is.

Of course, that requires that Rose not be an unemotional sociopath who only smiles when he is having nightmares and that he actually considers the possible reaction to the things he says but we all know that Rose isn't going to change.

Fjordson

5-0 start....2 solid losses to bring the hype down to earth. Pop and the Spurs sure did put on a clinic against the dubs. Warriors shot over 50% (Barnes and Thompson both had great games) for the night and still loss by 13 simply because the Spurs were able to get more quality possessions from careless turnovers and offensive rebounds. Hopefully Kerr is able to use these last two losses as good teaching points.

Yeah, not much coming from Iggy right now. I remember in the Phoenix game he and Klay had a two on one, but he ended up getting a step on the defender for a possible layup or dunk. Yet as he started to rise up he threw it back to Klay for a contested layup. Fitz and J.B. chalked it up to Iggy trying to "get Klay going" but I dunno. Seemed like a lousy play.

I'm still liking how we look, but I agree that the staff can hopefully use these losses to start shoring up some issues we've had despite the good play (like guys being too passive and turnovers).

Tom Penny

I'm will shed many tears as Rose collects 100+ million dollars but can't run and dunk at 45 years old. Boo hoo. You can't be serious. Last time I checked he paid to do a job that he apparently wants to do only when he feels like it. Must be nice. What's funny is he probably took his sweet ole time when he was injured and didn't even go hard in rehab cuz he probably wanted to spend time with his kids and not be too tired after workouts to play with them..

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Rose isn't soft, but he's a retard when it comes public speaking and public relations in general. He was probably trying to sound mature about life lol. Bottom line when he's on the court he's plays like a reckless maniac. The opposite of someone concerned about his health after basketball.

After 2 knee surgeries the guy continues to go in to the middle of defense at fullspeed, or cross people over while running full speed end to end.

http://giant.gfycat.com/FineBleakCavy.gif

that guy does not look concerned about his health

Yeah, not much coming from Iggy right now. I remember in the Phoenix game he and Klay had a two on one, but he ended up getting a step on the defender for a possible layup or dunk. Yet as he started to rise up he threw it back to Klay for a contested layup. Fitz and J.B. chalked it up to Iggy trying to "get Klay going" but I dunno. Seemed like a lousy play.

I'm still liking how we look, but I agree that the staff can hopefully use these losses to start shoring up some issues we've had despite the good play (like guys being too passive and turnovers).

One of the mods on realgm suggested that Iggy may have a fear of going to the FT line because of his poor FT% a la Biedrins. Hopefully that's not true.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Our sons are getting too many good looks early, we need to discipline them.

They just showed a replay of Frank Vogel's ECF Game 6 postgame on Sun Sports. I forgot how enjoyable it was to see him completely broken and holding back tears once he realized he would never beat us.

Fuck you Pacers, forever until the end of time.

iamblades

Top Bottom