• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

So glad Barnes is playing well again...amazing how people regain their confidence in offense when they just simply touch the ball more..

Also, Draymond...Lacob...pay him please..

Solid half, and yeah I think a lot of people in the league scoffed Pau because of the injuries limiting him. He's been amazing so far this season.

Really sad about Rose. Don't even know what to say, didn't see the play he was injured on. Was it another awkward landing on someone's foot or was it all on his own again?

He was just going hard to the basket and his ankle and leg just buckled very fast and he fell down.

I thought it was his knee, then his ankle, turns out it seems to be his hamstring.

Pau's only 34.. and he was coming back from injury... the people who thought he was completely washed up last year were delusional.. somehow they keep thinking it 2012/13 Pau when he was hurt.

It's tough to watch Rose now.. for the rest of his career you're just going to be waiting for the next thing to happen. Especially since he's already talking about his after basketball life.. you wonder how far the guy is from saying fuck it and retiring.

34 is old when you have been in the league since you've been 20 and have played as much international ball as Pau has. That said, he's in a good situation in Chicago with Noah and Gibson because he won't (if Thibs doesn't Thibs it up) get overworked. That's where his real problem comes. If they can limit his minutes and keep him fresh, Pop style, he can be valuable for them. He would have been completely wasted in LA because they would have counted on too much from him and worn him down.

Soonri

111314_SixersMavsGametracker.gif

fertygo

Jimmy Butler for Rondo, with the idea that Jimmy signs long term. Do it.

Even if Rose never healthy again, Chicago don't need another PG with busted knee.. just let Thibs sacrifice some black goat for Donald Sloan can play like all star or some shit next year, Thibs always manage to do that.

AcridMeat

Banned
What a sequence there for Bogut.
So glad Barnes is playing well again...amazing how people regain their confidence in offense when they just simply touch the ball more..

Also, Draymond...Lacob...pay him please..
HELL YEAH.

And yeah I'm so happy Barnes is back. My friend is stoked too.
He was just going hard to the basket and his ankle and leg just buckled very fast and he fell down.

I thought it was his knee, then his ankle, turns out it seems to be his hamstring.
That doesn't sound good...man what the hell that shouldn't be happening. :/ I wonder if Rose was on the Suns he'd be playing like his old self a year ago by now.

Two Words

What a sequence there for Bogut.

HELL YEAH.

And yeah I'm so happy Barnes is back. My friend is stoked too.

That doesn't sound good...man what the hell that shouldn't be happening. :/ I wonder if Rose was on the Suns he'd be playing like his old self a year ago by now.
I'm no doctor, but a hamstring issue doesn't sound like much to worry about.

AcridMeat

Banned
They're not that serious, though they can be lingering for a month or two. I was more commenting on the fact he is getting these injuries purely on his own, without contact involved.

BadAss2961

Noah going on an explitive-laced tirade defending D. Rose.

Fuck the media and fickle fans, they just live for drama.

D. Rose doesn't always say the best things but I swear he is one of the most maligned athletes for doing nothing wrong.

At least the people that matter most to the Bulls know this.
If Rose was out there bullshitting on the court, then I could understand the criticism. It would be very easy and perhaps smart of him to coast during the regular season, but he doesn't. Despite his body failing him several times now, he continues to play a very explosive game and attacks the basket as hard as anyone.

J2 Cool

I'm okay with Rose's injury. If he keeps gets back on court, thats all you can ask. Keep going at it. He's actually been impressively aggressive this year when he has played, which is only way to play for him probably so.. fuck it. See what happens, let the small stuff heal fully, and keep going.

xHiryu

Why did Thibs play Rose when the Bulls were up by 10 with 2 minutes left? Who knows...

As long as Rose is able to play, minor injuries arent much. I think this is still his body getting used to the rigors of an NBA season since its been so long. Anyways nice win by the Bulls, Jimmy is slowing becoming the complete player we all knew he had potential to be, the confidence, the swagger, hes playing on a whole new level.

He's looking like a contender for Most Improved Player, wouldn't be surprised if he got a Defensive Player of the Year award at some point in his career.

Next stop Indy, 8-2 here we comeeeee.

Bowser

Thoughts on Barkley's comments on Rose?

Of course I do. That was stupid. Derrick Rose is a great player, he’s a great kid. Love his mom. That was stupid. You know, Ernie, we’re so blessed. I limp around but I go home to a big ol’ mansion. There’s people who work harder than Derrick Rose who go home to a shack.

There are consequences to what we do for a living. We got the best life in the world. I’m a poor black kid from Leeds, Alabama who grew up in the projects and listen, I don’t mind limping around because when I go home, there’s a big ol’ house. I got good sheets — I don’t know the thread count, but they’re good. I got a big ol’ car. I never have to worry about my bills. There are pros and cons to what we do for a living. Derrick Rose is making $20 million a year. He got a couple bad knees. That’s disrespectful to maids, people who are in the army who go out and kill people and get killed. They got no arms and no legs. As much as I like Derrick Rose, that is just flat-out stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkT8cOrs1sE

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/charles-barkley-derrick-rose-injury-tnt-inside-the-nba

I kinda agree with Chuck...

Fjordson

If Rose was out there bullshitting on the court, then I could understand the criticism. It would be very easy and perhaps smart of him to coast during the regular season, but he doesn't. Despite his body failing him several times now, he continues to play a very explosive game and attacks the basket as hard as anyone.

Basically.

People just look for targets and just wait to pounce because 1. the media at times have no life or no stories to write so they conjur up something to dwell about instead of coming up with inspired new articles/discussions and 2. "fans" with buckets of KFC cradled in one hand and a fantasy sports sheet in the other can't relate at all to a professional athlete that has had injuries that next to none of them have had.

So quick to attack and judge and turn on someone that led the "current" team to their best success(Easter Conference Finals---one missed shot away from possibly going to the Finals).

It's frustrating as fuck and sometimes annoying that Derrick is always out but it's not like it's his fault, what's he supposed to do differently???

Is he out of shape???

Actually, he's fitter than ever before(super low bodyfat, etc...).

Is he playing nonchalantly???

In Milwaukeee recently, he was just out on the court and kind of taking it easy but every other game despite what he says about picking his spots, he's attacking like he always has been and is the fastest guy on the court almost every game like in the past.

He was a difference maker in last night's game(they had no answer for him at times, sent him to the line) and he was clearly into the game and you could see how much he wanted to win it.

Pau was the best player in the game but those two made the difference(Taj was Taj too).

I don't give a shit about a player on my team's perceived and translated image if they are helping the team and/or trying to.

Unless they were actually bad people and committed criminal acts.

Bulls are very good when playing their game but even though I didn't necessarily believe it, the past few seasons show that they are a great regular season team without Derrick and it really ends there.

you'd think that Rose would develop a better passing game and generally be a better facilitator then instead of rushing into the paint and going for plays that are going to cause him injuries. I've been seeing Dwade since before shaq came to miami and he played a pretty similar game in his youth. Now, he's 32 and he has one knee that he straight up stole from skeletor. If it wasn't for the fact that he had Lebron and Bosh to help pick up some of the slack these last few seasons he'd probably be out of the league by now.

so, yeah, maybe don't play like a human wrecking ball in november and you can save that level of stupidly-fast-but-also-stupidly-risky behavior for when the games matter, instead of tweaking shit left and right and talking about going home to be a family man.

He says he's more mature a player and picks his spots but really in this case, a leopard can't change his spots.

He knows when he can just blow by people and he can't resist I guess.

He just needs to get lucky I suppose.

His passing is underrated but it's really not his game first and foremost.

Anyway, he's day to day with a mild hamstring strain and no MRI is needed.

maladroid

This is embarrassing.

The Philly lead at the end of this quarter is gonna be higher than what they scored in the first quarter last night, lol. :\

Piecake

So, did the Wolves get poisoned down in Mexico or something? That is about the only way I can explain their wretched defense. Still, even with shitty defense, NO is hitting absolutely everything. It is rather ridiculous.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn KO looks like the real deal on the offensive side. He clearly has all the moves and the touch around the rim, and his outside shot has improved a great deal. They clearly need a center, so if they were to move one of the big guys they should move on from sully. INconsistent, injury prone and out of shape.

Top Bottom