• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They're winning so far tonight, but I think Rondo wouldn't mind passing to two all-stars and a reliable roller like Varejao instead of his current roster.

Haha i love the edit.

As always Rondo shows why he's an incomplete and overrated player. His perceived value is so much higher than what he's worth. Don't get me wrong he's great when he's engaged, but he does stuff like this ALL the time. It doesn't have to be just buzzer beaters, large leads were never safe when Rondo was there pounding the air out of the ball. He can't create and when the offense stagnates he just holds onto it.

Another thing it seems to me that what Bron said about wanting to get his other players engaged more seems to hold true. He took the ball tonight and just ended it himself. Love continues to play exceedingly mediocre. We'll see what this team is when(if?) Love finds his bearings and their defense sures up a bit.

kagete

Haha i love the edit.

As always Rondo shows why he's an incomplete and overrated player. His perceived value is so much higher than what he's worth. Don't get me wrong he's great when he's engaged, but he does stuff like this ALL the time. It doesn't have to be just buzzer beaters, large leads were never safe when Rondo was there pounding the air out of the ball. He can't create and when the offense stagnates he just holds onto it.

Another thing it seems to me that what Bron said about wanting to get his other players engaged more seems to hold true. He took the ball tonight and just ended it himself. Love continues to play exceedingly mediocre. We'll see what this team is when(if?) Love finds his bearings and their defense sures up a bit.

You caught me! For this Cavs team though, I think Rondo is a way better fit than Kyrie and he actually plays defense to boot.

Cavs gonna have to figure out some type of reliable team defensive scheme. That D looking porous.

when Joe Harris is your most reliable defensive 2-guard, you have problems. they'll make some trades. they'll have to. they have talent there, but not the kind of specific set of skills they need there. they need a defensive monster there; not pure shooters that play weak D.

we're making every team look like all-stars.

You caught me! For this Cavs team though, I think Rondo is a way better fit than Kyrie and he actually plays defense to boot.

I thought the same too, but I'd rather see how the season progresses. Having a PG that can go for 30 on any given night and dish out 7-10 assists is amazingly valuable. Boys just need more time to marinade.

LMAO

B2c5S8YCAAAkKkx.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Do you get a chance to watch rondo a lot? Just wondering, because he's a ridiculously overrated defender.

iamblades

Yeah anout the knicks, too early to call total tank and play JR smith at the PG?

They ain't winning shit with this roster or any conceivable roster they could build with the trade assets they have.

kagete

Only once in person but I watched a lot for most of the years they had KG. I realize they had great defense as a team that would make him look good but I still prefer him over Kyrie. I generally dislike athletic defenders that gamble for steals. I have no horse in this race though as I am unfortunately a Rockets fan.

Jonm1010

Banned
Probably not a good idea to use a game where Kobe goes 1-15 and is locked down by Danny fucking Green as evidence that it's the rest of the team that sucks.

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe came out too passive and tried to shoot us back in it later. He needs to come aggressive with others playing off him not the other way around.

That said, tonight shows why Young must start. They doubled Kobe on the wing all game and no one but Boozer could take advantage cos no one else can really create their own shot

ghost77

Banned
when Joe Harris is your most reliable defensive 2-guard, you have problems. they'll make some trades. they'll have to. they have talent there, but not the kind of specific set of skills they need there. they need a defensive monster there; not pure shooters that play weak D.

we're making every team look like all-stars.

Wouldn't it be great if the cavs had a Scottie pippen like specimen to pair with Lebron on D? That would definitely help a bit. You don't draft guys like that too often though do you?

KILL EM TELL THEY'RE DEAD, BOYS.

Cavs clicking on all cylinders offensively so far - And it's even scarier than what I thought it would look like.

I have to agree. The scoring clearly comes with such ease. And it feels like they're missing lots of easy shots (not many tonight clearly, but in general)

Top Bottom