• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

B.O.O.M

Crabbe and Leonard are suddenly traceable assets. Leonard actually looked like a legit 4 tonight. Wtf.

Myers has been working on his game well over the off season is the only explanation really.

AC is apparently pretty impressive in practice sessions so might be a situation of waiting for the opportunity

Great win for the Kings against the Spurs. Cousins and Collision stepping up when it counts.

Raptors win against Utah, not impressed as Jazz were playing back to back and Raps had this close till the 4th. WeTheFourth though.

Cavs shooting lights out lately. Shocked.

Clippers man CP3 carrying this time. Slow start than exploded.

Game time decision for tonight

Wade surprisingly (not Bosh) is that important to our team.

Those Atlanta guards were lighting us up on Friday. Wade is the only guard on our team that plays a semblence of defense
well...if I were a Heat fan I'd rather rest Wade and let play his next game at 95%+ than trot himself onto the court with a bad wheel and potentially injure himself further or be a weak link.

A few losses don't mean shit. It's why I'm fine with the Cavs going .500 in November. Just as long as they're in position to make the playoffs, we'll be okay. So it should be with the Heat. Just do what needs to be done to get to the playoffs in one piece. I don't feel like seeding will matter at all in the East as long as you can finish in the top 4. I'm sure the Cavs and Heat will do exactly that. I'm just not convinced that the Raptors and Wizards will finish better than the Cavs and Heat. Maybe one of them, but not both.

ghost77

Banned
Myers has been working on his game well over the off season is the only explanation really.

AC is apparently pretty impressive in practice sessions so might be a situation of waiting for the opportunity

They actually have quite a bit of depth now. They're good bigs wise. I'd like to see Barton play and score a bit more. CJ has had flashes. Claver was good idk why he hasn't played. Really I'd like to see a sg or sf off the bench get some stats along with Blake and kaman.

You gotta hope they don't make any trades. A lot of their pieces are young, let them develop

well...if I were a Heat fan I'd rather rest Wade and let play his next game at 95%+ than trot himself onto the court with a bad wheel and potentially injure himself further or be a weak link.

A few losses don't mean shit. It's why I'm fine with the Cavs going .500 in November. Just as long as they're in position to make the playoffs, we'll be okay. So it should be with the Heat. Just do what needs to be done to get to the playoffs in one piece. I don't feel like seeding will matter at all in the East as long as you can finish in the top 4. I'm sure the Cavs and Heat will do exactly that. I'm just not convinced that the Raptors and Wizards will finish better than the Cavs and Heat. Maybe one of them, but not both.

I can totally see the East looking like this before the playoffs

1.Cavs
2.Bulls
3.Raptors
4.Wizards
5.Heat
6.Nets
7.Who cares
8.Who cares

That would mean Heat vs. Cavs Semis???

iamblades

How much money would the Kings have left? Maybe they could pay Draymond...

Assuming it is split evenly by year at 13.33 mill per, then they have like 55.4 million committed next year, But that's without considering the fact that a lot of the roleplayers/bench are on cheap contract that end this year, so they will need to be resigned or replaced as well. The would have enough room to go after someone like that without hitting the tax threshold, but I don't think that is the player they really need, especially with Gay there already.

They need a rim protecting PF who can hit a wide open 12-15 ft jump shot when Cousins or Gay get doubled., but those guys are really hard to find cheaply. They also will need outside shooting if Stauskas or McLemore don't cut it, but they've still got a couple years on their rookie contracts to figure that out, and since the goal for this year is to just make the playoffs for once, I don't think they will make any major move in that area.

The thing to watch is what they are planning to do after next season, as the only people on contract for 2017 are Cousins, Gay, and Stauskas on his last year of his rookie deal.

The question is what kind of FA can Sacramento hope to attract. Cause they don't have great trade pieces that anyone would want.

GamerSoul

Oh dear. Tonight we're looking a lot like the team people thought would struggle. PEACE.

so true, i guess this shows how much we're going to need Wade down the line. As if we already didn't know that. Though it would be nice if at least one of the other players would have a great night like Deng before in Dallas.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well, the first two weeks were really fun but back to reality. We're a treadmill team with Wade and a dumpster fire without him. Which is a frightening thought that a 33 year old guard with bad knees can have that much of an effect on our team.

B.O.O.M

They actually have quite a bit of depth now. They're good bigs wise. I'd like to see Barton play and score a bit more. CJ has had flashes. Claver was good idk why he hasn't played. Really I'd like to see a sg or sf off the bench get some stats along with Blake and kaman.

You gotta hope they don't make any trades. A lot of their pieces are young, let them develop

Yep I love this current team, young and fun to watch.

maladroid

Rockets have been shooting awfully the past two games. Sweet Jesus, ugly basketball.
When a team bothers to play defense against the Rockets, they look like absolute shit. Our 'starting' PG can't even execute a simple interior pass when our highest FG% player is begging for it in the paint. McHale couldn't call a steadying timeout to save his life. FFS.

Well, the first two weeks were really fun but back to reality. We're a treadmill team with Wade and a dumpster fire without him. Which is a frightening thought that a 33 year old guard with bad knees can have that much of an effect on our team.
Like I mentioned before Wade is the only guard on our team that plays defense

Top Bottom