• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Thunder was gifted this game. If this doesn't prove the NBA's favoritism of this team, I don't know what will. There needs to be an NBA equivalent of the NFL coach's challenge. Period.

dream

Unbelievable amount of bullshit. Just an unbelievable amount of bullshit. OKC fans cheering for their stolen team who can win games playing 8 vs 5 tells us everything we need to know about the quality of their characters.

That was a bail out call. Wouldn't have been called otherwise.

And boy the Doc press conference is gonna be great.

It was contact, You don't give the refs the reason to call it. Don't put it in the hands of the refs. The first thing they say in any huddle in that situation is DON'T FOUL. Paul is a vet and a PG he should know better. Play tight D but don't touch him. Let Westbrook take that shot.

TuXx

I laugh when people say refs don't determine the outcome of games, but Paul is a moron. All of this would have been avoidable if he just held on to the damn ball

Also, these tears. these tears.

318.jpg

Unbelievable amount of bullshit. Just an unbelievable amount of bullshit. OKC fans cheering for their stolen team who can win games playing 8 vs 5 tells us everything we need to know about the quality of their characters.

u mad? It was a makeup call. Refs knew they screwed up by not calling a foul, so they gave the ball to OKC as consolation. Its an unwritten rule brah

RELAYER

Banned

One of the dumbest posts I've read in a while.

Brashnir

Get ready for some ref fuckery here, I call moving screen on Clipps. Just watch

Quoting one more time for posterity. Fucking post of the century. Silver needs to look at the bullshit refereeing in this league and the star calls and favoritism. Stern fucked things up bad, but it's never too late to correct course.

Are you guys blind? He hit Westbrook on the elbow. It might have been slight contact, but it was contact. You don't touch a guy in that situation. That wasn't a bail out call, it was bad defense by Paul.

Yep, the replay shows it was enough contact to alter the shot trajectory.

As far as the Jackson out of bounds play, I honestly think the refs were making up for completely missing the foul call. Barnes clearly fouled Jackson, even though the refs can't review that. It was basically two screw ups in a row, but karma says it's OKC ball. Jackson got hit.

Lkr

Salt hall of fame

Fatalah

Tuned in with fresh eyes, I fell asleep and only caught the very end of the game. I feel like I just watched a giant conspiracy unfold.

That was really sad by the NBA.

Quoting one more time for posterity. Fucking post of the century. Silver needs to look at the bullshit refereeing in this league and the star calls and favoritism. Stern fucked things up bad, but it's never too late to correct course.

It's called a makeup call. Blame Chris Paul for choking just as much as you blame the refs.

otapnam

and then Jackson (i believe it was him) hit Paul's arm when he reached in at the end of the game

u mad? It was a makeup call. Refs knew they screwed up by not calling a foul, so they gave the ball to OKC as consolation. Its an unwritten rule brah

Yeah. They need to change the replay rule to check for out of bounds but if a foul is found they can retroactively call it. Theres too much gray area otherwise with video

Kimosabae

Banned
Not only was that not a foul -it was clearly off Reggie Jackson.

I don't even see the point in watching NBA Playoff basketball anymore. When has a close game's results never been in question due to horrible officiating?

Cloudy

Banned

You think Silver wants his MVP out before facing LeBron? lol

Zach

Hahaha. This guy.

Top Bottom