• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Cloudy

Banned
Man the same refs who gave Westbrook 3fts on such minimal contact didn't call shit when CP3 was hacked on the last play. Unreal...

Brashnir

You don't have to be selective. The NBA has always been about dynasties moreso than any other sport because of how much impact one or two great players have. There are literally like 2 instances in the modern era of the NBA where a team with one of the best players in the league didn't win a title. I'm talking like the last 40 years.

You're going to give me 40 years?

1975 Golden State Warriors
1977 Portland Trailblazers
1978 Washington Bullets
1979 Seattle Supersonics

Four years out of fucking five.

And then it all stopped when Bird and Magic came into the League and David Stern became commissioner. 9 NBA champions since. 8 in the 10 previous seasons. 16-19 in every other major American sport since. (Including 2 years where no champion at all was crowned)

Jonm1010

Banned
Also, these tears. these tears.

318.jpg
Just be happy you all won not because you were the best team but because you all, like you all have gotten for years, had the refs on your side.

I wouldn't be proud of this but hey, to each their own.

You're going to give me 40 years?

1975 Golden State Warriors
1977 Portland Trailblazers
1978 Washington Bullets
1979 Seattle Supersonics

Four years out of fucking five.

And then it all stopped when Bird and Magic came into the League and David Stern became commissioner. 9 NBA champions since. 8 in the 10 previous seasons. 16-19 in every other major American sport since. (Including 2 years where no champion at all was crowned)

Bill Walton was one of the best players in the league at that time, at his peak he was one of the best of all time. The other 3 I will give you, and aside from that you have Detroit in 04. That's it. The rest of the history of the league is littered with dynasties led by one or 2 historically great players, and historically those players draw fouls. I'm not saying reffing hasn't been an issue, I've vocally said that NBA refs are largely incompetent, but I just don't think anything is rigged. I don't think you have to rig the league. Put big time players on good teams and the shit usually sorts itself out. Players as great as Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe and Lebron don't need to have games rigged in their favor.

Tekniqs

I would be more pissed off at Paul turning over the ball in the back court instead of just holding the ball and waiting to get fouled. And even more pissed off at Paul fouling a 3 point jump shot.

so you're telling me you wouldn't be pissed off at the no call/out of bounds?

Kimosabae

Banned
Doc Rivers just said it was clearly a foul. So you're clueless.

I also agree with his complaint in this conference. The refs can't review the foul there, just the possession. If you ignore the foul, the possession is theirs. The solution here is that if the replay shows a clear foul, they should be able to call it.

But...CP3 lost this game for the Clippers, not the refs. He literally tried to flop out a full court shot instead of taking the foul. Pure clown shoes.

No you.

Doc was being tactful.

Brashnir

Anytime you hit somebody on a jumpshot it's always getting called no matter how minimal the contact is.

Bullshit. There were about 17 such instances not called in a recent playoff game. It all depends on who you play for. Chris Paul can hit Steph Curry on a jumper because his team is supposed to win. He can't touch Westbrook because his team isn't.

Vestal

My problem with this whole thing is the following.

1. Chris Paul boneheaded play triggers being fucked up the ass by the REFs.
2. Instead of making the correct call aka foul and 2 FTs for Reggie Jackson they call Out of bounds. Then Im guessing they look at the replay and ignore that it was obvious as night and day that it was off Jackson because there was a foul and give the ball to the Thunder.
3. They gift Westbrook 3 freethrows on minimal contact(less than Pippen on Davis) when he was chucking a really bad fucking shot.

Had the refs made the correct call on number 2 in both scenarios(2fts for Jackson or Out of bounds on Jackson) it was either Overtime or a Clippers win most probably.

so you're telling me you wouldn't be pissed off at the no call/out of bounds?

No, just more pissed off at losing the lead. Clips were ahead 13 points with 3-4 minutes left I think? That choke job was almost worse than what OKC did in the 4th game.

Why was one of the best FT shooters in the league passing the ball off and not waiting to get fouled near the end of the game? It's not like Paul had Ray Allen waiting.

Pimpwerx

Clippers literally turned that game over to OKC. That's it. Not refs, just poor play. OKC was bad, but LA found a way to be worse. Play hard all game and then give up at the end. PEACE.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
shaq has been a non factor in this 'inside the nba' lol

I wish they would get rid of him. Then again, Charles is the least articulate person I've ever seen on TV, besides Emmitt Smith. Sometimes Chuck can't even finish a sentence.

No you.

Doc was being tactful.

Bury your head in the sand, but it's clearly a foul. Everyone but you and Konex recognize that. You are objectively wrong.

The funny thing is Doc argues about a similar situation with CP3 aagainst the Warriors, but replay actually shows Paul wasn't fouled but just up to his usual floppy ways.

The same Clippers fans that ridiculed the Thunder choking away a lead in game four can pound sand. Your team choked.

There, now CP3 is taking responsibility for his screw ups.

Jonm1010

Banned
Clippers literally turned that game over to OKC. That's it. Not refs, just poor play. OKC was bad, but LA found a way to be worse. Play hard all game and then give up at the end. PEACE.

LAC played like shit but the refs gave what was a clear turnover out of bounds by Jackson to the thunder.

There should of been a fouls called though.

If they do what everyone in the world including that stadium saw and give the ball to the clippers the clippers hold on and win. If they called that foul we get overtime and let the players determine the outcome.

What we got was the refs taking the game out of the hands of the players and giving it to the thunder, end of story. Thunder fans cheering this is pretty pathetic.

This series and the fans of the thunder on this board have turned me from a Thunder bandwagoner to hoping anyone but them wins the title. Including the heat who I loathe.

Top Bottom