• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

TomShoe

Banned
Haha, this game. While I commend OKC for coming back, you have to admit the refs gave them that game in the end. I hope Brooks sends them a big bouquet of flowers.

Reggiemillerchoke.gif

16682_o.gif

jman2050

The OKC Thunder are such unbelievable frauds and I hope they never ever win a championship playing this bullshit brand of non basketball.

That is all.

Tekniqs

Yeah. They need to change the replay rule to check for out of bounds but if a foul is found they can retroactively call it. Theres too much gray area otherwise with video

that's the thing though. There's precedent during these playoffs already of the same situation. I forget which series it was but it was near the end of the game as well. Ball goes off of (let's just say rockets). Replay shows he was clearly fouled BUT you can't review a foul. the refs makes the correct call and gives it to the other team.

Brashnir

It's called a makeup call. Blame Chris Paul for choking just as much as you blame the refs.

I'm looking at 35 years of bullshit, not one call. I wasn't even rooting for the Clippers in this game. This has been going on longer than most of you have been alive, so you don't even know any different.

three Chris Paul fuck-ups in the last minute outweigh one terrible ref call. Sorry, but the Clipps still had their chances just like most teams do despite incompetent refereeing. No sympy from me.

Teriyaki

The problem with the makeup call is we have replay now. Its already bad enough make up calls exist - not sure any other sport has them - but everyone on the planet saw Jackson hit that out.

Sotha_Sil

CP3 throws the game away. That was a tick-tack foul on the 3. He also had JJ wide open at the top, but I guess he didn't see him.

Horrible officiating, even worse play by the Clips.

three Chris Paul fuck-ups in the last minute outweigh one terrible ref call. Sorry, but the Clipps still had their chances just like most teams do despite incompetent refereeing. No sympy from me.

I agree.. god damn my head hurts just thinking about all them fuck ups. It's like more than that.

Owzers

Inside the Nba saving this game. That was awful. Luckily i really didn't care who won as they will be fodder for the spurs or heat.

and cp3 flopping when the foul was coming ahhhhhhhhhhhhh why are your instincts always to flop. " Here's a good time to flop, OH NO!"

TomShoe

Banned
This is how Brooks still has a job, because KD and Westbrook carry his ass. OKC has the most basic, unimaginitive offense I've ever seen, and it's up to the PGs to do anything about it. Imagine how good they could be if they had someone decent for a coach.

Sumidor

As much as some of you want to blame the refs, it was the refs who made the Clips choke away that big of a lead with 3 minutes left. Or it wasn't the refs that made Paul decide to jump in the air and lose the ball.

But i'll admit they fucked up on the loose ball and it should've been Clippers ball.

LegoDad

The problem with the makeup call is we have replay now. Its already bad enough make up calls exist - not sure any other sport has them - but everyone on the planet saw Jackson hit that out.

Let them call the foul and you wouldn't have makeup calls. They gave them the ball because there was a foul they missed and it should have been their ball in the first place.

lol Silver cannot like a guy in Simmons who effectively works for the league talking that mess. He's gonna make the call and get Simmons banned from Twitter again lol.

Doc Rivers sobbing over the call. Game 6 is just gonna be Clippers calls left and right now. He knows what he's lobbying for right now.

Docs argument isn't valid if the refs had made the right call from the start it would have been a foul.

Teriyaki

Let them call the foul and you wouldn't have makeup calls. They gave them the ball because there was a foul they missed and it should have been their ball in the first place.

I agree but for this play its just too obvious to try to pull something like that. NBA is going to catch insane heat for this and the conspiracy rigged folks will come out of the woodwork and bash the L.

Doc Rivers sobbing over the call. Game 6 is just gonna be Clippers calls left and right now. He knows what he's lobbying for right now.

Thunder by 20. Calling it now. All this Sterling shit and now this choke job have finally pushed this team over the edge. And KD probably won't have another shitty game.

Not only was that not a foul -it was clearly off Reggie Jackson.

I don't even see the point in watching NBA Playoff basketball anymore. When has a close game's results never been in question due to horrible officiating?

Doc Rivers just said it was clearly a foul. So you're clueless.

I also agree with his complaint in this conference. The refs can't review the foul there, just the possession. If you ignore the foul, the possession is theirs. The solution here is that if the replay shows a clear foul, they should be able to call it.

But...CP3 lost this game for the Clippers, not the refs. He literally tried to flop out a full court shot instead of taking the foul. Pure clown shoes.

Brashnir

Usually the refs fuck teams over in the third quarter so it influences the game but doesn't show up on every sports talk show. They get results over the long haul due to the math of the game. This time they stepped over the line and I hope it's a start for a sea change in the league. The NBA has gotten away with this shit for so long it's ridiculous and even accepted by a large segment of the fanbase.

It's not a coincidence that there have been 9 NBA teams to win the championship since the "Star Calls" era began, and 8 in the 10 years before it.

Usually the refs fuck teams over in the third quarter so it influences the game but doesn't show up on every sports talk show. They get results over the long haul due to the math of the game. This time they stepped over the line and I hope it's a start for a sea change in the league. The NBA has gotten away with this shit for so long it's ridiculous and even accepted by a large segment of the fanbase.

It's not a coincidence that there have been 9 NBA teams to win the championship since the "Star Calls" era began, and 8 in the 10 years before it.

You don't have to be selective. The NBA has always been about dynasties moreso than any other sport because of how much impact one or two great players have. There are literally like 2 instances in the modern era of the NBA where a team with one of the best players in the league didn't win a title. I'm talking like the last 40 years.

FTF

Holy shit I turned the game off with clips up like 6 or 7 with like 60 seconds to go! wtf happened?!?!?? Damn it I missed it! :/

Top Bottom