• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Stillmatic

LeBron laying 2 obvious fouls in the last 1:30 that would've seen free throws, not one called. Pretty incredible regardless of the Nets poor offense.

lil smoke

Banned
The Nets could be an entire new look next year. I think they should build something.

I bet Deron blames the entire season on his ankle and they keep him. If they can't see he's shit, then it's possible the Nets could turn into a disaster like the Knicks with disturbing decisions that ruin their future.

jman2050

They Heat look a tiny bit vulnerable tbh.

Brooklyn had to suck hard late to lose those games.

I mean they've won 8 out of their 9 games, most of them fairly comfortably, and Lebron has clearly been the best player in the playoffs so far so I'm not sure what else people want to see against admittedly overmatched competition. More from Wade, the 3pt shooters, and less stagnant offensive sets probably?

lil smoke

Banned
I mean they've won 8 out of their 9 games, most of them fairly comfortably, and Lebron has clearly been the best player in the playoffs so far so I'm not sure what else people want to see against admittedly overmatched competition. More from Wade, the 3pt shooters, and less stagnant offensive sets probably?
I mean at least not be in position to lose 2 straight games, likely with a team that could hit one shot within 5 minutes.

The Nets could be an entire new look next year. I think they should build something.

I bet Deron blames the entire season on his ankle and they keep him. If they can't see he's shit, then it's possible the Nets could turn into a disaster like the Knicks with disturbing decisions that ruin their future.

I don't think Deron Williams contract is movable. Point Guard so deep in the league at this point. One can make up for what he offers with free agents and through the draft.

The dude is getting paid next 3 years.
$19,754,465
$21,042,800
$22,331,135

if deron isn't a net next year, he'll either be in LAL or NYK. no way any other team takes that contract on.

Knicks would probably do it for Amare lol

Lakers aren't taking on that type of contract. Mitch has been building towards cap space in 2015. He wants Kobe and nobody else on the books.

jman2050

I mean at least not be in position to lose 2 straight games, likely with a team that could hit one shot within 5 minutes.

True enough, though obviously when you are able to execute in the last several minutes of games and your opponent can't, that in itself is a pretty useful advantage, no?

It just seems disingenuous because the narrative changes so rapidly depending on what some people want to see. Before the series you had people talking about the Nets 4-0 regular season, the matchup problems Brooklyn's lineups give to Miami, all sorts of stats that show the Nets being a much better team in the second half of the season, and now after a fast series suddenly they're a terrible team that should have been swept and the Heat are "vulnerable" because they needed five games instead of four and didn't blow them out every time down. The truth is somewhere in between.

Jag

LeBron laying 2 obvious fouls in the last 1:30 that would've seen free throws, not one called. Pretty incredible regardless of the Nets poor offense.

Heat were down by 8 with under 4 minutes. Nets got nothing in that stretch. But yeah, it was the refs.

ray.gif

These guys suck.

Heat were down by 8 with under 4 minutes. Nets got nothing in that stretch. But yeah, it was the refs.

ray.gif

These guys suck.

I don't even know why Chalmers passed up that shot. Glad he did. Ray had a tough angle and weird shot attempt.
EDIT: Just noticed Deron Williams thought he was going to rotate on Lebron James. Smfh.

Pimpwerx

If we shoot poorly from 3, we'll have a tough time beating a west team. That's the problem again this year. Spacing sucks because perimeter shooting has been shit. PEACE.

What an insane ending to that game. I am not thrilled with our overall play but that is the heart of a champion right there, we took care of business when needed.

Shun

Parker had the same hamstring problem last year during the playoffs and during the Finals.

The entire bench upped their game, not a problem as long as he recovers in the next several days.

This is why the Spurs should have closed out in 4. Now they got Parker injured. This game is a must win considering the other series could go 7 games. They need the time off.

lil smoke

Banned
True enough, though obviously when you are able to execute in the last several minutes of games and your opponent can't, that in itself is a pretty useful advantage, no?

It just seems disingenuous because the narrative changes so rapidly depending on what some people want to see. Before the series you had people talking about the Nets 4-0 regular season, the matchup problems Brooklyn's lineups give to Miami, all sorts of stats that show the Nets being a much better team in the second half of the season, and now after a fast series suddenly they're a terrible team that should have been swept and the Heat are "vulnerable" because they needed five games instead of four and didn't blow them out every time down. The truth is somewhere in between.
I think with the exception of the ghastly 4th quarters, the Nets played way better than expected. They didn't play terrible, it turns out they may have left some wins on the floor. However the narrative left it pretty fair to call a sweep depending on which angle you took. I knew they would get a game at home at the least.

Vulnerable just means that a better team, when they get to the Heat, will probably have some bit of confidence when they study that series. I would watch tape and say "they are beatable". Not so much this game, but that last one which required Lebron to put the team on his back... I don't know if they'll be so lucky again, but of course they are the repeating champs, so thats up to another team to prove. Lebron is extremely dominant.

lil smoke

Banned
If we shoot poorly from 3, we'll have a tough time beating a west team. That's the problem again this year. Spacing sucks because perimeter shooting has been shit. PEACE.
The Heat? Bosh has been been good , but it seems like he kinda disappears out there in between those 3s.

Holy shit that was awesome Leonard.

Look at this fucking team man. How can Heat fans not fear this depth, this team chemistry, this basketball IQ, this ball movement, this veteran experience, this superior coaching?

Most importantly you know how hungry they are for revenge? It's like the 2010 Lakers times a thousand.

lil smoke

Banned
Batier can also come out of nowhere and be huge from downtown. When he gets hot and starts planting around the stripe, they become dangerous.

effzee

How come Beasley is not getting more playing time?

I know he sucks on D but in the few regular season games I saw of him in, he was instant offense. The Heat go through stretches where their 3 point shot is not going and they get into a lull. Beasley is perfect for those small times when they just need someone other than Lebron or Wade to manufacture some offense.

Ideally, and this is something I have been saying for a year now, Bosh would be the 2nd option. He has so much versatility but is relagated to hanging around the 3 point line waiting for the ball rotate around. Feature him more to get the other team's bigs in trouble plus he can be creative in the post.

Pimpwerx

How come Beasley is not getting more playing time?

I know he sucks on D
Nuff said.

Ideally, and this is something I have been saying for a year now, Bosh would be the 2nd option. He has so much versatility but is relagated to hanging around the 3 point line waiting for the ball rotate around. Feature him more to get the other team's bigs in trouble plus he can be creative in the post.
Not sure. My guess is it's a numbers game. Bosh I very efficient from the perimeter, and him outside increases Wade and Bron's efficiency inside. Or, you let Bosh play his game, skrinking the spacing, slightly increasing Bosh's efficiency via FT%,nbut lowering both Bron and Wade's. I take the former.

The Heat? Bosh has been been good , but it seems like he kinda disappears out there in between those 3s.
He's defending. His role is just to shoot anyway. Especially when no one else can hit from outside. Brooklyn wasn't respecting our shooters. We run mostly 5-out in the halfcourt and they were still camping near the paint. PEACE.

Theres something hilarious about the new Knicks D-League team being named...the Knicks. Its like after their D-League worthy performance this past season they decided to make it official.

Top Bottom