• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

knicks

NBA is such a shitty league, and this is why.

The whole lottery is the most rigged thing in the entire world. It makes literally no sense why they can't do the drawing on live television.

Basketball is a great sport, and superstars emerge easily in the NBA, but the league sucks.

effzee

Really wanted the #1 pick obviously but for the Sixers I'll take #3 and #10.

But wow @ Kings owners daughter and Bucks owners daughter. I'll take them in my lottery

untitled-2j8jdp.gif

The whole lottery is the most rigged thing in the entire world. It makes literally no sense why they can't do the drawing on live television.

Basketball is a great sport, and superstars emerge easily in the NBA, but the league sucks.

And why in the hell would they rig it for Cleveland and not LA or Boston?

Cloudy

Banned

Oh come on, you think Ernst and Young would be rigging? It just sucks that the Cavs keep having their terrible decisions rewarded

You should only be able to get the #1 pick once every 3 years

It's not rigged. If it were rigged you really don't think LA or Boston would have gotten the pick? The NBA knows Cleveland is a hell hole that is run by a certifiable moron. The problem the NBA has is the lottery system in general. It encourages tanking and doesn't discourage teams and owners from being terrible. There should be a penalty from being in the lottery so many years in a row.

SIMMONS KNOWS WHAT'S UP

flyover

This is what's wrong with the league. not big market teams with too much money. Not the age limit. It's shitty owners running garbage ass franchises like Cleveland that are constantly rewarded for their ineptitude.

Seriously. You shouldn't be allowed to have the #1 pick more than once every five years.

And why would anyone think this is rigged? The NBA sure as hell wouldn't want Cleveland getting this pick.

Edit: Ninja Scooter's got it right^.

Pimpwerx

It's not rigged, but the lottery isn't working. Odds are odds, not rules. Like I said, Orlando was the longest shot to get a #1 ever.

Bill Simmons so salty. PEACE.

If it was rigged it would've went to the Lakers.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's not rigged. If it were rigged you really don't think LA or Boston would have gotten the pick? The NBA knows Cleveland is a hell hole that is run by a certifiable moron. The problem the NBA has is the lottery system in general. It encourages tanking and doesn't discourage teams and owners from being terrible. There should be a penalty from being in the lottery so many years in a row.

It's not like they were projected to pick first. They got extremely lucky.

Cloudy

Banned
The problem the NBA has is the lottery system in general. It encourages tanking and doesn't discourage teams and owners from being terrible. There should be a penalty from being in the lottery so many years in a row.

THIS

Obviously they're rigging it for Cleveland to convince people the NBA isn't rigged because nobody is dumb enough to believe they would rig it for Cleveland.

It's not like they were projected to pick first. They got extremely lucky.

They shouldn't be able to get "lucky" just because they are run by incompetent morons. If it were up to me, if you get the number 1 pick and are in the lottery again the next year, you automatically default to the back of the draft. Pick 14. That's it. No ping pong balls. It's bad for the league to continue sending potential big stars to a shitty franchise like that. It's the same thing the league let happen with the Clippers for years and years and it's terrible for the league.

Ferny

They shouldn't be able to get "lucky" just because they are run by incompetent morons. If it were up to me, if you get the number 1 pick and are in the lottery again the next year, you automatically default to the back of the draft. Pick 14. That's it. No ping pong balls. It's bad for the league to continue sending potential big stars to a shitty franchise like that. It's the same thing the league let happen with the Clippers for years and years and it's terrible for the league.

Best idea i've heard yet on how to fix it.

Cloudy

Banned
If it were up to me, if you get the number 1 pick and are in the lottery again the next year, you automatically default to the back of the draft

This would totally solve tanking. In a league with such a punitive salary cap, the draft should not reward bottom-feeders

BadAss2961

Fucking Cleveland again. They need to be banned from lottery contention for the next 10 years.

Now that punk ass LeBron will move back there when he gets bounced from these playoffs. lol

Trey

It encourages tanking and doesn't discourage teams and owners from being terrible. There should be a penalty from being in the lottery so many years in a row.

There is, but it's passive. A culture of losing, less desirable location for free agents and coaches, fan participation dwindling.

This is what's wrong with the league. not big market teams with too much money. Not the age limit. It's shitty owners running garbage ass franchises like Cleveland that are constantly rewarded for their ineptitude. Congratulations, NBA, you are going to send a potential star player like Embiid or Wiggins to rot in Cleveland and never be heard from again.

Kyrie does seem to be having a rough time about it, doesn't he?

Cleveland must supply the most magnificent hookers and blow, always getting gifted that number one pick.

I'm salty, but 3 and 10 in this draft is still damn good.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So who do the Cavs take 1?

They don't have a small forward and the big men they took high in the draft really suck.

Top Bottom