• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

lil smoke

Banned
Lil-B-Basegod.jpg

oh lol oh man.

Where do you rank him among shooting guards?
I hate to rank.

Miller was a guy that, there was NO way any team would say no to. he was a terrorist. He is in the "ones". imo.

Ambient80

"Hibbert is an All-Star"

Hmm, WAS an All-Star, yes.

And as much as I find Stephenson irritating, he was the only one who seemed to give any fucks tonight for Indy.

Vogel looks like he's about to break down.

"Hibbert is an All-Star"

Hmm, WAS an All-Star, yes.

And as much as I find Stephenson irritating, he was the only one who seemed to give any fucks tonight for Indy.
Seriously, his energy level was up on the beginning, he made plays, he made shots, he was tough on D. He actually does a pretty good job of separating the BS and the game, somehow. He's reliably showed up to every game.

The Pacers should be embarrassed by this effort.

The Heat should be embarrassed it took them 6 game, and 7 last year, to beat a team so clearly beneath them.

The EC should be embarrassed that the Pacers were the number 1 seed.

Honestly, despite all the embarrassing stuff Lance has done, he has the most to be proud of. He tried to will a team mired in lethargy and apathy into competition singlehandedly. (Untrue: David West tried as well, less dramatically.) He's also much more upfront with his bafoonery, and I can "respect" it more than Barrier's slier tactics that often go undetected. Lance has not tried to hide his (what he thinks are) mind games.

Edit: the biggest embarrassment is Frank Vogel, I think, whose job is to wrangle talent and give them a clear direction through a clear game plan. He failed miserably at that. The commentators didn't know what the hell the Pacers were trying to accomplish. The Pacers didn't know what to do. Any shots they made or leads they managed to hold are a testament to the talent that Vogel squandered.

lil smoke

Banned
You Strap Jordan to a polygraph, and ask him about Reggie Miller. I think we can then get a feel of how scary he was to guard.. oh and then, try to compose an offensive game at the same time. Those incidentally were the games where Jordan would play VERY hard.

strobogo

Banned
Is "putting his imprint/finger print on the game" something that has to be said after every game? How long has that been going on? It's super annoying.

Slurmer

Banned
Heat making 4 straight finals and having the chance to win a 3rd straight championship is impressive--regardless of the state of their conference.

MVP

Banned
Heat probably would of got bounced by the Grizzlies

Dallas would have gotten swept by the Heat, not pushed us to 7 games like they did to the Spurs lol...but the mediocre West will keep being mediocre, with no dominant team, just a bunch of contenders clawing and scratching

Dallas would have gotten swept by the Heat, not pushed us to 7 games like they did to the Spurs lol...but the mediocre West will keep being mediocre, with no dominant team, just a bunch of contenders clawing and scratching

You seem like you are trying to make yourself feel better mentioning dallas vs spurs. it was a certain match up that made it go to 7.

The Pacers actually over achieved this year if you look at their roster from last year compared to this one. Losing Tyler Hansbrough, DJ Augustin, and Gerald Green really hurt their bench and toughness. Also trading Danny Granger was was not a good idea in hindsight.

The Pacers actually over achieved this year if you look at their roster from last year compared to this one. Losing Tyler Hansbrough, DJ Augustin, and Gerald Green really hurt their bench and toughness. Also trading Danny Granger was was not a good idea in hindsight.

According to The Miami Herald's Dan Le Batard:

...The Heat was offered Evan Turner before Indiana. All they had to give up was Haslem, who wasn’t even playing. Haslem, like Danny Granger, has spent his basketball life with only one team, and he talks a lot about the Heat way and family. The Heat didn’t make the trade at least in part because it didn’t like how the message contradicted what it was selling James when it met him, or what it might do to the locker room.

Pretty sure Pacers made that trade so Evan Turner wouldn't end up with the Heat, and contributing as a role player. Evan Turner was averaging 17 points with the 76ers and when he got traded was averaging 7 points. Clearly didn't fit with the team.

Pacers didn't over achieve. ECF is their limit forever. They hit their max potential.

I have never seen a team melt down like the Pacers did this season. They were literally beating everyone and then they went on a complete down slide to where they nearly lost to a 38 win hawks team (who were missing one their best players) in the first round . That is just ridiculous.

Pimpwerx

Yo. David West sounding like a broken man. Hibbert too. This series broke that team. They know they're best isn't good enough against Miami. I shouldn't laugh, but I did. West is the only guy I feel bad for. Despite being kinda dirty and a pain in the ass for Miami, he's the most professional guy on that team. PEACE.

lil smoke

Banned

I am going to have to agree, and I remember the excitement of GAF at the same time that year with the whole Granny Danger and Psycho T thing, that just gave them this hope... it was completely different this time, and personally I think that matters somewhere. There was something lost in all of that.

Yo. David West sounding like a broken man. Hibbert too. This series broke that team. They know they're best isn't good enough against Miami. I shouldn't laugh, but I did. West is the only guy I feel bad for. Despite being kinda dirty and a pain in the ass for Miami, he's the most professional guy on that team. PEACE.

Their best was 6 months ago not tonight I don't know wtf you're talking about. Whatever happened off the court is what broke this team not Miami's goon squad.

Branduil

The difference between first half of the season Pacers and second half is that Paul George went from playing at a superstar level to his actual level.

Pimpwerx

Their best was 6 months ago not tonight I don't know wtf you're talking about. Whatever happened off the court is what broke this team not Miami's goon squad.
Pacers recovered before this series. They then ran into a hot Miami squad that is actually healthy. Off court drama didn't make them anymore turnover prone or any worse offensively. They are just not good enough, and West and Hibbert said as much. Tonight they spoke like it was finally sinking in. PEACE.

Cipherr

Pacers recovered before this series. They then ran into a hot Miami squad that is actually healthy. Off court drama didn't make them anymore turnover prone or any worse offensively. They are just not good enough, and West and Hibbert said as much. Tonight they spoke like it was finally sinking in. PEACE.

That was almost hard to watch, even as a Heat fan. West just let it rip man, he was like "They have a gear, a level they can go to, that we can't match". :lol

Recovered to what? Because that garbage level of play wasn't the best of anything. Maybe the best of no effort and no chemistry.

You Strap Jordan to a polygraph, and ask him about Reggie Miller. I think we can then get a feel of how scary he was to guard.. oh and then, try to compose an offensive game at the same time. Those incidentally were the games where Jordan would play VERY hard.

Reggie was one of the few people who actually got to Jordan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO4Fnv_5VIc

The hilarious part of that game is it's Pacers home game and Jordan puts hands to face but Reggie is the one ejected. If you want to know Jordan's sway over the entire league compared to Lebron there is your answer.

Top Bottom