• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Siegcram

He doesn't have as many rings as Bird. He doesn't have as many great playoff moments as Bird. He doesn't have a rival like Magic that helped elevate his greatness.

Wilt was like a million times better than Russell, but who do people credit more?
All those points are meaningless when comparing players on their own merit.
In the context of their respective teams, Bird was part of the greatest team of all time.
As a player, he is a peg below Lebron now. And I'm one of the biggest Bird stans there is.

GamerSoul

untitled-6nku6j.gif
untitled-55vutl.gif

wow this guy.

strobogo

Banned
He might get the rings and moments, we shall see. (If there will be TRUE competition) but no, it's not like it was.

Do you remember when Reggie was a part of this shit? Who can you think of that can do that now?

It's not the same.

I miss Reggie so much. He would have been part of a championship team if he had gone to a bigger market team. I'm sad he never got a ring.

Cloudy

Banned
Still pretty amazing when you think about how Lebron, Wade, and Bosh came together and formed this Miami title team. They were the star players on their previous (older roster in Wade's case) teams.

Arguably the 3 best players in the East (at the time) joined one team. Dwight went West and Rose got injured. That's how you get 4 straight Finals

lil smoke

Banned
I miss Reggie so much. He would have been part of a championship team if he had gone to a bigger market team. I'm sad he never got a ring.

Reggie is cemented in my mind as an NBA Legend either way.

But you don't have those type of guys these days. There are 3 or 4.

BadAss2961

Yeah, but Bird doesn't have the talent LeBron has. LeBron wouldn't have lost to the Lakers with the talent Boston had. PEACE.
All those points are meaningless when comparing players on their own merit.
In the context of their respective teams, Bird was part of the greatest team of all time.
As a player, he is a peg below Lebron now. And I'm one of the biggest Bird stans there is.
As good as LeBron is, in the 4th quarter of a close game, i'm taking Bird -- easily. LeBron isn't a very clutch player, especially compared to many of the all-time greats. This hurts him imo.

"Greatness" is more than just averaging good numbers.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Finally these boring playoffs are over. Maybe the Heat will glimpse some actual competition in the finals as they snag their next championship... It's just unfortunate it'll have to be against teams we've already beaten.

Pimpwerx

I guess I can relax now. The playoff buzzsaw did its thing again. I love Lance being a jackass in a game they lose by 30. Sums up that group of clowns perfectly.

You spend all season fighting for game7 at home...then you lose in 6 that would've been 5 if Ed Malloy didn't have a career game. Eat shit again, Indy. Next week we get to foil someone else's revenge plans. PEACE.

I guess I can relax now. The playoff buzzsaw did its thing again. I love Lance being a jackass in a game they lose by 30. Sums up that group of clowns perfectly.

You spend all season fighting for game7 at home...then you lose in 6 that would've been 5 if Ed Malloy didn't have a career game. Eat shit again, Indy. Next week we get to foil someone else's revenge plans. PEACE.

you mad lance got into heat fans head lol.

Siegcram

As good as LeBron is, in the 4th quarter of a close game, i'm taking Bird -- easily. LeBron isn't a very clutch player, especially compared to many of the all-time greats. This hurts him imo.

"Greatness" is more than just averaging good numbers.
I'd say it's a coin toss at this point. Both guys make the right play 99 times out of a 100.
And James has plenty iconic playoff moments himself.
But I don't factor highlight-reels into my top 10 all time.

lil smoke

Banned
Mark Jackson please stop.

yep that was always it with him. STFU sometimes. I assure you that s part of why he is out of coaching.

But I will say that, one thing people don't know was that Bird was the sweetest passer that ever lived. Everything Jason Kidd and Williams got was ALL from Bird.... IF you were watching from these guys start.

edit: if you don't know which JW I'm talking about... move on.

Top Bottom