• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

BadAss2961

Thibs is just like this team though. Professional, good character, intelligent, hardworking, but very much flawed himself.
We know he likes to run players into the ground with heavy minutes and can't seem to develop rookies into good offensive players (Butler has untapped potential). But other than that, I can't get a good grasp on his flaws with a team that has such limited ballhandling and scoring.
You're underestimating Melo IMO. Melo is a much better player than Rose and Bulls were an elite team with Rose healthy.

All they need is a guy who can get his own shot consistently while producing. And Melo can actually shoot from outside unlike Rose.

Melo, another shooter or 2 and the current Bulls core could challenge Miami.

The Bulls desperately need Melo, but I wouldn't say all that. Two very different playing styles, both equally good at what they do.

A Rose/Melo combo could be godlike in Chicago.

Vire

We know he likes to run players into the ground with heavy minutes and can't seem to develop rookies into good offensive players (Butler has untapped potential). But other than that, I can't get a good grasp on his flaws with a team that has such limited ballhandling and scoring.

The Bulls desperately need Melo, but I wouldn't say all that. Two very different playing styles, both equally good at what they do.

A Rose/Melo combo could be godlike in Chicago.

What makes you think this? Both are pretty horrendous at sharing the ball and facilitating. I don't think it's a good combination at all actually.

Lot's of ball sticking possessions...

BadAss2961

What makes you think this? Both are pretty horrendous at sharing the ball and facilitating. I don't think it's a good combination at all actually.
Chicago is the most overachieving team in the league by far. Look at what they've done the past couple seasons with such little talent.

Fuck sharing the ball and facilitating. You give a Thibs defense two legit scorers like that, and they'll blow teams out of the water every night.

Brashnir

We know he likes to run players into the ground with heavy minutes and can't seem to develop rookies into good offensive players (Butler has untapped potential).

Speaking of Butler and heavy minutes, I was just looking over today's box scores and realized Butler played all 53 minutes of that game. Good thing for him they have two days off, I guess.

849583446.gif

Started rolling lint from the bottom now he's here.

jman2050

Chicago is the most overachieving team in the league by far. Look at what they've done the past couple seasons with such little talent.

Fuck sharing the ball and facilitating. You give a Thibs defense two legit scorers like that, and they'll blow teams out of the water every night.

It doesn't really work that way. The Bulls overachieved because they play in a weak conference and Thibs plays playoff rotations night after night while everyone else is managing minutes.

zychi

Banned
Speaking of Butler and heavy minutes, I was just looking over today's box scores and realized Butler played all 53 minutes of that game. Good thing for him they have two days off, I guess.
I'm just waiting for the day his knee or ankle gets blown out. Thibs will run everyone into the ground. The fact that Noah is still healthy after playing with PF for so long amazes me.

Brashnir

I'm just waiting for the day his knee or ankle gets blown out. Thibs will run everyone into the ground. The fact that Noah is still healthy after playing with PF for so long amazes me.

I hope not - I have Butler in my keeper fantasy league. Counting on him to keep improving. :D

BadAss2961

It doesn't really work that way. The Bulls overachieved because they play in a weak conference and Thibs plays playoff rotations night after night while everyone else is managing minutes.
Is that how they beat a vastly superior Nets team (on their own floor) on grit alone last year?

overcast

I'm not particularly a fan of how Rose plays, but I really want to see a healthy Bulls team with a full health Rose on the court. Even with just Rose they could compete with their D.

As a Rockets fan I know the frustrations of injury (Yao/Tmac still hurts). Speaking of the Rockets, I'm missing the game cause of class from 7-9:50. If we lose tomorrow, GG.

jman2050

Is that how they beat a vastly superior Nets team (on their own floor) on grit alone last year?

Um while that series was indeed quite impressive (getting their shit pushed in by Miami next round wasn't quite as impressive) I most definitely would not categorize the Nets last year as a "vastly superior team"

BadAss2961

Um while that series was indeed quite impressive (getting their shit pushed in by Miami next round wasn't quite as impressive) I most definitely would not categorize the Nets last year as a "vastly superior team"
How could they not have gotten their shit pushed in by Miami? The fact that they took game 1 was impressive enough.

Can you name a more overachieving team than Chicago?

I slept at 8 pm tonight :/ missed everything haha

lol Bulls, every loss is another step towards Melo coming , no pay cut either

ironic if nets get eliminated now and Bulls get swept, all that tanking for nothing :p

at least Pacers bounced back

Cloudy

Banned
No NBA team is winning a championship with Carmelo as their best player.

I really don't get this. Nuggets were very close to beating the Lakers in 2009 and they would have thrashed Orlando

Don't let the fraudulent MVP fool you. Rose is not in Melo's class as a player.

BadAss2961

Don't let the fraudulent MVP fool you. Rose is not in Melo's class as a player.
Bullshit. Rose won so many games in outstanding fashion that season as the Bulls dominated the league while LeBron could barely get his shit together with his all-star team.

Melo's a great player, but it's not like he's been leading teams deep into the playoffs every year.

I really don't get this. Nuggets were very close to beating the Lakers in 2009 and they would have thrashed Orlando

Ariza saved the Lakers so many times during that run, its crazy how a few steals changed that nuggets series

also funny the finals ad campaign almost got demolished if both kobe and lebron didn't make it that year

Bulls choked that first year Lebron joined the heat, think they lost in 5 with home court too, smh

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Realistically, what are the chances of Melo coming to the Bulls?

Not likely, right? =(

20% tops. He's said a lot of stuff indicating he wants to stay in new York and the best money/year combination is there. In a lot of ways I think he is doing this to just lock down a 5 year contract even more than for the increase in money.

Even then I think if Melo were to leave NY it would be in a sign and trade because from interviews that he has given its apparent that he is very aware of the importance of getting that 5th year in a contract.

However, with all that said the bulls have a real chance. Noah recruited him, they have the better record, the proven coach, And Rose (if healthy) would be the ideal PG to play alongside Melo (even if he isn't MVP quality) and the best asset package to pull a sign and trade. The Melo Bull rumors exist because if he was going to leave NYK that would be the realest landing spot.

Bowser

Sources: Frank Vogel 'coaching for his job' (via ESPN)

Expectations were raised not only externally but internally after in-season moves Bird made to acquire Evan Turner from Philadelphia and add Andrew Bynum for bench depth on top of last summer's additions of Luis Scola and C.J. Watson. All of Bird's moves, sources said, were made with the intent to get this team at least one step farther and back to the NBA Finals for the first time since 2000 when Bird was the Pacers' coach.

lmao, yeah adding Evan fucking Turner and gimped ass Andrew Bynum was supposed to propel the Pacers into the Finals.

APjuY.gif

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
You are seriously overestimating the black hole that is Melo. He'll shoot you out of twice as many games as he helps win. This roster plus Melo isn't a lock for anything other than even worse team shooting percentages.

LOL pls stahp

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Thanks for attempting to dispute my point.

We've seen ten seasons of Melo. He's good at chucking up a bunch of shots, missing the majority of them, and ruining any semblance of offensive flow.

I'd argue with you about it...but unfortunately I'd rather not do it here.

You make the guy sound like Joe Johnson, which deserves you a LOL. You're just simply exaggerating and spouting hyperbolic statements.

You make the guy sound like Joe Johnson, which deserves you a LOL. You're just simply exaggerating and spouting hyperbolic statements.

From a shooting standpoint, they are very similar. Anthony takes five more shots per game, goes to the line four more times per game, and only outscores Johnson by eight points per game. He gives you more volume, but neither is a high percentage guy,

Johnson's a better three point shooter and passer, Anthony is a better rebounder. They are both worthless on the defensive end.

Anthony is better than Johnson. Neither deserves their paycheck.

andthebeatgoeson

It's not like they have the most talent in the league.

It's not like they're facing the Bobcats.
Are you saying spo isn't good?

The play was good. Spo is a great coach and I don't see lebron jumping to any other coach. Most moves for Bron probably involve a down grade at the coaching position.

zychi

Banned

The play was good. Spo is a great coach and I don't see lebron jumping to any other coach. Most moves for Bron probably involve a down grade at the coaching position.

Lebron won't play for anyone besides Spo, Riley, Coach K, Phil or Pop imo. Mayyybe Doc, but I doubt it.

BadAss2961

I don't know how good Spo is or isn't. But how can you call him great? Talent is far more important than coaching in the NBA (especially in today's league), and the Heat clearly have the most talent. Lot of coaches would win championships with that roster. When the Heat were put together, the idea was that it would take a massive fuck up for it to not work -- and they've only added more talent since.

Popovich is the only guy outcoaching fools with better talent right now.

Top Bottom