• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

good thing there are 3 games scheduled for tomorrow as I got a feeling that clips warriors game ain't gonna be played.

I love to wake up and see that Indiana lost. So beautiful.
5AAf7WF.png

Ain't that the truth.

how u go from a loserbro bandwagon to one that loses harder

syphon... ur the new curse breh.
0yf4dkN.png

overcast

They need to find a way to get rid of sterling. Even if it means paying him almost billions to sell the clips. Nba just cannot keep being associated with him.
Yeah, they're going to start losing money (well already have), and players will leave the Clippers. In fact, it almost seems like the Clippers will end up dead? I don't know. It's disgusting to watch, that one ignorant bastard doing this. Feel bad for the LAC fans and the players.

We'll see.

Yeah, they're going to start losing money (well already have), and players will leave the Clippers. In fact, it almost seems like the Clippers will end up dead? I don't know. It's disgusting to watch, that one ignorant bastard doing this. Feel bad for the LAC fans and the players.

We'll see.

This would probably happen if silver resolves this with leniency towards sterling. Blake cp3 would have no problem landing on another big market championship capable team. I really hope Bron cp3 Kobe and other players of that caliber won't shut up with this issue. Gotta pressure those guys running the top. I would be disgusted with the nba if sterling is in anyway still associated with the clips once silver and other owners has made their decision.

Darn that one time clips got their moment over the Lakers then this happens.

Brashnir

This would probably happen if silver resolves this with leniency towards sterling. Blake cp3 would have no problem landing on another big market championship capable team. I really hope Bron cp3 Kobe and other players of that caliber won't shut up with this issue. Gotta pressure those guys running the top. I would be disgusted with the nba if sterling is in anyway still associated with the clips once silver and other owners has made their decision.

Darn that one time clips got their moment over the Lakers then this happens.

From the sounds of things, there's not a whole heck of a lot Silver can do from a legal standpoint. the NBA doesn't have an antitrust exemption like baseball does, so they can't give him a Marge Schott penalty without a good deal more legal evidence than we have now.

The people who ARE able to run Sterling out of the NBA, however, have already begun to act. If all of the team's sponsors bail out as many have already done, and if their local TV partner says they won't renew their contract with the team (which runs through the 2015-16 season) as long as Sterling is the owner, he'll have no financial recourse but to sell.

I fully expect Adam Silver to suspend Sterling until this summer's Owners meetings at the 2pm press conference today, with a promise to discuss and revisit at that time - which will end with him getting the maximum penalty they can give without a lawsuit, but he doesn't have the legal power to do much more, I fear.

The return of Nene. Time to end this series.

I just had to switch to the local CSN channel because the announcers on TNT won't shut the fuck up about Donald Sterling.

Who knew that I'd hate the Clippers AFTER they dropped the hammer on Stern. I'm sick of hearing how they had the weight of world on their shoulders when they lost to the Warriors the last game.

The teams are 3-3 in their last 6 matchups.

Stop writing off the Warriors.

The return of Nene. Time to end this series.

I just had to switch to the local CSN channel because the announcers on TNT won't shut the fuck up about Donald Sterling.

I feel you.

I officially want to kick Jim Buss' ass for turning the city of LA into Clipper talk.

The degree of difficulty in shots OKC makes is night and day compared to Memphis. All the points Memphis gets are easy, high percentage shots. It's like OKC are beating teams with brute force athletics and jump shots every night. I don't know if they can win a championship playing like this.

Warriors Had the Blueprint For a Dramatic Boycott Ready to Go
Posted on April 29, 2014 by Marcus Thompson
The plan was set, the product of a 30-minute players meeting.

The Warriors were going to go through pre-game warm-ups and take part in the national anthem and starting line-up introductions. They were going to take the floor for the jump ball, dapping up the Clippers players as is customary before games.

Then once the ball was in the air, they were just going to walk off. All 15 of them.

“It would have been our only chance to make a statement in front of the biggest audience that we weren’t going to accept anything but the maximum punishment,” Curry said. “We would deal with the consequences later but we were not going to play.”

The message was intentionally bold and controversial, point guard Stephen Curry said. And if they had their way, the Clippers would have joined them in exiting the court.

The wheels were in motion until NBA Commissioner Adam Silver’s banishment of Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling appeased the players’ fury. And there were plans being hatched for all the games.

The Warriors’ players wanted to protest previously, but decided to give Silver a chance to do the right thing. But if Silver had announced the punishment for Sterling’s bigoted comments were an indefinite suspension and a measly fine, the Warriors were ready to make an historic statement.

Curry, David Lee and Andre Iguodala were behind the boycott idea. The bold message the Warriors had plan was hatched at shootaround.

The idea included plans, if necessary, to reach out to the Clippers and share the plan. The hope would have been that the Clippers would join them, letting the jump ball drop to the hardwood while all the players walked off the court.

Damn

Apath

If Taj is injured we're done. We cannot lose our most productive player and expect to win this game.

Just finish it and put us out of our misery Washington.

Top Bottom