• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

zroid

Banned
Business up front, party in the back.
Retweeted by Tony Reali
Steve Mackin ‏@steve_mackin 11m
@sportspickle once you look at this pic of Drake at the game tonight thinking that's a mullet, it cannot be unseen. pic.twitter.com/Db8VQnWlhG
Bmhb2jTIQAAkneI.jpg

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo, before reading the tweet. :(

Drake finds new ways to embarrass himself on an hourly basis

This hasn't been KD's best series...in fact it may be his worst. Came at a bad time but what can you do? Fortunately he still has a chance to redeem himself in game 6 (&7 if needed)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
All you folks who like to take shots at Atlanta fans, I want you to tune in to the game tonight for a bit.

I'm hyped! I think my bro might get to go as he got tix from work.

Haven't been this excited about a Hawks game in a LOOOONGGG time.

tmdorsey

I'm hyped! I think my bro might get to go as he got tix from work.

Haven't been this excited about a Hawks game in a LOOOONGGG time.

Same here. We've won 1st round playoff series before, but there's something different about this season and team that would make this win better than all those others.

Maybe it's the fact that the players on the team now are more rootable than what we had before coupled with the fact of because of the deceiving record nobody gave us a shot to even win a game in this series, I don't know.

Exokell

Banned
Everybody fucking knows, when Westbrook is playing kd turns to fucking beta. Westbrook is alpha as fuck, he can't be second fiddle.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Same here. We've won 1st round playoff series before, but there's something different about this season and team that would make this win better than all those others.

Maybe it's the fact that the players on the team now are more rootable than what we had before coupled with the fact of because of the deceiving record nobody gave us a shot to even win a game in this series, I don't know.

Naw, I think more the team is giving the fans a reason to come out and want to support them. ;)

Like you said helps that this team feels like they are truly likable which you can't really say about past teams.

I mean we've played in big games before. Heck I remember that Boston series a few years back where we played them insanely tough. Something about this year, this team, this series ect... just feels different though.

If we lose Thibs we go after Lionel Hollins, either of the Van Gundys, Tom Izzo or Coach Cal.

As a memphis fan, Lionel Hollins is a great pickup for any basketball program. You might get lucky with Van Gundys or Izzo but Coach Cal? He had his shot in the NBA with the Nets in the late nineties, he knows his bread and butter is in College and I can't see him going back to the NBA from where he is now.

As a memphis fan, Lionel Hollins is a great pickup for any basketball program. You might get lucky with Van Gundys or Izzo but Coach Cal? He had his shot in the NBA with the Nets in the late nineties, he knows his bread and butter is in College and I can't see him going back to the NBA from where he is now.

He has been linked to a few jobs + he has a tight relationship with D Rose.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've been mulling over the possibility of Hollins as Warriors head coach. Him or Stan Van Gundy might be a good fit I think. Though if we get Hollins I think we need a personnel change in the forward position. Hell, even give Scalabrine a chance at coach.

But we all know they aren't firing Jackson so this is all fantasy. :(

edit: That pin is awesome haha

Into

Well shit, if OKC is knocked out by the Grizz, its 3 years, with 1 final game win to show for.

Its weird to see a team that has arguably 2 of the best 5-10 players in the league, crash out in the first round.

Doubt Scott Brooks will keep his job, something has to give

Lubricus

All you folks who like to take shots at Atlanta fans, I want you to tune in to the game tonight for a bit.

I'll be watching as I think tonight is do or die night for Atlanta. I think the Pacers will take the home game if they win in Atlanta and tie it up. .
Come on 3's, rain down on us tonight.

jman2050

Well shit, if OKC is knocked out by the Grizz, its 3 years, with 1 final game win to show for.

Its weird to see a team that has arguably 2 of the best 5-10 players in the league, crash out in the first round.

Doubt Scott Brooks will keep his job, something has to give

They really are the new 90's Supersonics.

The more things change...

40-42 should be good enough for 10th in the west. The Lakers would then be known as a team on the rise!

They could go after Thibideau as long as they take Boozer off Chicago's hands.

If Mark Jackson gets fired, they will ask him.

D-Fish is last on the List.

If it were up to me I would ask

1. Calipari
2. Any of the Van Gundy's although I would prefer Jeff
3. Mark Jackson
4. Doc Rivers.

No way the Bulls will settle for just the Lakers taking Boozer's expiring, when they can just amnesty them. We would need their first this year, unprotected.

They could go after Thibideau as long as they take Boozer off Chicago's hands.

If Mark Jackson gets fired, they will ask him.

D-Fish is last on the List.

If it were up to me I would ask

1. Calipari
2. Any of the Van Gundy's although I would prefer Jeff
3. Mark Jackson
4. Doc Rivers.

You could get Rick Adelman out of retirement. We had a shitty bunch of players when he was at Houston, but he got the most out of them and we almost made the playoffs. At this point you guys need a coach that can get out the most from the least talent.

Talon

Like you said helps that this team feels like they are truly likable which you can't really say about past teams.

I mean we've played in big games before. Heck I remember that Boston series a few years back where we played them insanely tough. Something about this year, this team, this series ect... just feels different though.
Maybe the fact that our best player was injured halfway through the season and is made up of a bunch of cast-off average players around Teague, Millsap, and Korver.

Buds is legitimately the only intelligent coach we've had here in the last 20 years. I'm including Lenny Wilkins in that mix.

tmdorsey

Maybe the fact that our best player was injured halfway through the season and is made up of a bunch of cast-off average players around Teague, Millsap, and Korver.

Buds is legitimately the only intelligent coach we've had here in the last 20 years. I'm including Lenny Wilkins in that mix.

As usual, I agree with you 100%.

I'm hearing we got Joey Crawford refing the game tonight, oy. I'm a little concerned now.

Top Bottom