• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

see5harp

Seriously. First play of the 4th quarter fouls a guy shooting a 3. Sits down after getting his shit blocked once again by Jordan. Comes in 15 seconds later to protect Draymond Green and promptly fouls out.

Shun

God damn, just dodged a bullet.
No way they'll win if they continue their bullshit.
Come on Mark Jackson, come on Golden State.

3 game 7's in 1 day... This saturday!!!

fist-pump.gif

Gonna update OT this friday afternoon. Got another test this morning ugh. gotta hit the books now.

great avatar mate haha
That's the LeBrumpert, haha. Thanks.

Fjordson

Curry with 9 assists and only 1 turnover tonight. Big improvement from game 5. And Draymond Green is amazing. 14 points, 14 boards, 4 assists and 5 steals. What a gem of a second round pick he's turned out to be.

Opposite of that is Klay with only 9 points on 3 for 11 shooting. Wish we could get one more game where none of the starters play like shit.

AcridMeat

Banned
Curry with 9 assists and only 1 turnover tonight. Big improvement from game 5. And Draymond Green is amazing. 14 points, 14 boards, 4 assists and 5 steals. What a gem of a second round pick he's turned out to be.

Opposite of that is Klay with only 9 points on 3 for 11 shooting. Wish we could get one more game where none of the starters play like shit.
That was huge. Hope it's a similar story for game 7. No real confidence it will be, but it'd be awesome.
Draymond is better than Barnes.
I love Green. I wish I wasn't so short so getting a Draymond jersey would actually fit properly. Still planning on getting one sometime soon.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Nice. Fuck these LA clowns.

We will probably lose game 7, but no need to let them off easy.

Yup. Clips aren't going anywhere regardless of how game 7 goes. Warriors would be kicking back right now with a 4-1 series victory if Bogut was playing. He is their only rim protector and a damn good one at that.

Fjordson

Yup. Clips aren't going anywhere regardless of how game 7 goes. Warriors would be kicking back right now with a 4-1 series victory if Bogut was playing. He is their only rim protector and a damn good one at that.
Our frontcourt just keeps getting decimated. Bogut out, Ezeli still out, O'Neal probably now out because fat ass baby blowing out his knee. Hilton Armstrong time baby.

offtopic

Our frontcourt just keeps getting decimated. Bogut out, Ezeli still out, O'Neal probably now out because fat ass baby blowing out his knee. Hilton Armstrong time baby.

I don't really get the criticism of Jackson. I'm not a huge fan and is going to have to evolve his offensive system and rotational philosophy...but he knows how to handle the players and this just invaluable. One can learn Xs and Os but human management is a far more subtle ability that isn't as easily learned.

I mean, come on...if Bogut was playing this series the super hyped Clips who claim to have two top 5 NBA players with their grade A coach would already be out of the playoffs. Jackson can't be coaching that poorly.

AcridMeat

Banned
You don't sound like you watch much Warriors basketball. He may manage people and their attitudes well, but that doesn't excuse his shit game management and rotations.

Beyond that, he forced out two awesome assistant coaches and our talent hasn't developed under him at all besides Green, and that progress comes from Green working his ass off, Jackson just recognized it and gave him minutes, to his credit. Jackson was one of the best passing point guards and yet Curry is still as undisciplined as he's ever been.

see5harp

He forced out three if you count Malone who is now Kings head coach. Guy doesn't seem to call timeouts if in the midst of 20-2 runs in favor of other teams. The likes to let the players get through it. Then when they are actually in a half court set, the plays they run on a consistant basis seem like the most broken amateur stuff. So for that I blame Jackson. The Warriors have gotten better defensively since last year though and obviously winning 50 games is an improvement. It may be a good idea to keep Jackson on. Remember when Rick Adelman couldn't get it done in Portland and later Sacramento and got the axe? Those teams were so shitty for years after.

see5harp

Yea that would be amazing. Especially if they could somehow dump injury prone bogut for a gasol. Hell, bring back the old dude from Princeton too.

Draymond is better than Barnes.

Man...if only Draymond had Barnes' athleticism. One thing's for sure, he's going to be an amazing basketball coach some day. The kid's basketball IQ is just unreal.

offtopic

You don't sound like you watch much Warriors basketball. He may manage people and their attitudes well, but that doesn't excuse his shit game management and rotations.

Beyond that, he forced out two awesome assistant coaches and our talent hasn't developed under him at all besides Green, and that progress comes from Green working his ass off, Jackson just recognized it and gave him minutes, to his credit. Jackson was one of the best passing point guards and yet Curry is still as undisciplined as he's ever been.

I already said he had to improve his rotations and get away from all the isos. I watch plenty of warrior bball but do you have a reading comprehension issue?

Curry had upped his assist to turnover ratio a lot this year and takes fewer bad shots. That means he is more disciplined that ever. Are you just cherry picking game 5? The reality with Curry now is that he gets the superstar treatment from the other teams (the Clips defensive philosophy with Curry isn't all that different than what Memphis is doing with Durant but that is another discussion).

Jackson out-coached Rivers last night in almost every facet of the game. According to the media he doesn't have nearly the firepower at his disposal that the Clips do. He is also missing his only rim protector (well, Jermaine could give you 5 minutes of that in a game before his injury last night). What was the result of the one game where the Clips basically didn't have their big man either (game 4)? Oh yeah...blowout win. The Warriors would have already won this series if Bogut was playing.

Criticize Jackson all you want but he coached his team to 50 wins in a STACKED conference (probably a 56 win team if you put them in the Least) and has them playing a game 7 with a team that most people agree is just better and he hasn't had his defensive pillar the entire series. Not bad at all. I'll take him for another couple of years regardless of how game 7 goes and see if he can't get better with his rotations and Xs and Os.

offtopic

He forced out three if you count Malone who is now Kings head coach. Guy doesn't seem to call timeouts if in the midst of 20-2 runs in favor of other teams. The likes to let the players get through it. Then when they are actually in a half court set, the plays they run on a consistant basis seem like the most broken amateur stuff. So for that I blame Jackson. The Warriors have gotten better defensively since last year though and obviously winning 50 games is an improvement. It may be a good idea to keep Jackson on. Remember when Rick Adelman couldn't get it done in Portland and later Sacramento and got the axe? Those teams were so shitty for years after.

By all accounts Malone wasn't forced out - dude got a head coaching gig so OBVIOUSLY he'd leave. One of the assists was fired for unethical (and illegal) behavior.

Jackon's timeout calling is fine and the least of his deficiencies. Pop and Jackson almost never called time out when the other team was on a run because sometimes it only gets worse if the other teams crowd gets fired up by it. A good coach reads the game and his players before just automatically snapping off a timeout because the other team is on a 8-0 run.

AcridMeat

Banned
I already said he had to improve his rotations and get away from all the isos. I watch plenty of warrior bball but do you have a reading comprehension issue?

Curry had upped his assist to turnover ratio a lot this year and takes fewer bad shots. That means he is more disciplined that ever. Are you just cherry picking game 5? The reality with Curry now is that he gets the superstar treatment from the other teams (the Clips defensive philosophy with Curry isn't all that different than what Memphis is doing with Durant but that is another discussion).

Jackson out-coached Rivers last night in almost every facet of the game. According to the media he doesn't have nearly the firepower at his disposal that the Clips do. He is also missing his only rim protector (well, Jermaine could give you 5 minutes of that in a game before his injury last night). What was the result of the one game where the Clips basically didn't have their big man either (game 4)? Oh yeah...blowout win. The Warriors would have already won this series if Bogut was playing.

Criticize Jackson all you want but he coached his team to 50 wins in a STACKED conference (probably a 56 win team if you put them in the Least) and has them playing a game 7 with a team that most people agree is just better and he hasn't had his defensive pillar the entire series. Not bad at all. I'll take him for another couple of years regardless of how game 7 goes and see if he can't get better with his rotations and Xs and Os.
You addressed it, and I tried to emphasize the significance of lacking that knowledge as a coach is. Calling plays, rotational adjustments and managing fouls is the majority of their job. He's caused the team to be in much closer games than needed, and forfeited leads from his lack of adapting rotational assignments.

The team is immensely talented, they were bound for 50+ wins. Getting just the 6th seed when most people had them in the top 4 was a disappointment.

Curry's ratio has barely changed, the numbers are higher this year. Call that the star treatment if you want.

Last game Jackson finally put in Speights for more than a couple minutes because of O'Neil's injury and he produced. He's neglected to put Speights in the entire series otherwise. Speights is not great by any means, but he's a big body that will at least do more than Lee on defense.

If they had Bogut this series would have been over already, they match up with the team well. If you want to talk about last game, both teams shot awful for 3 quarters. The biggest difference was the Warriors weren't turning the ball over, which is uncharacteristic for them.

I hope the Warriors lock up Green long term.

edit: What did Randolph get suspended for?

I can not believe the nba suspended Zach Randolph for game 7. There goes any chance Memphis had of beating okc even though they probably were not gonna beat them anyway.

see5harp

By all accounts Malone wasn't forced out - dude got a head coaching gig so OBVIOUSLY he'd leave. One of the assists was fired for unethical (and illegal) behavior.

Jackon's timeout calling is fine and the least of his deficiencies. Pop and Jackson almost never called time out when the other team was on a run because sometimes it only gets worse if the other teams crowd gets fired up by it. A good coach reads the game and his players before just automatically snapping off a timeout because the other team is on a 8-0 run.

By all accounts him and Malone had plenty of disagreements last season though. Still, the team won more games than the previous season and they've got it to game 7, despite playing like shit in all but one game. That is why I'm cautious to throw him under the bus and why I mentioned Adelman. Surely you see the half court sets they run and wonder whether they have plays at all. They get Klay running off screens and then play pick and roll with Steph but the majority of the scoring plays look straight broken. They have some of the worst ball movement. They don't seem to be improving in the half court game so I can only look at the dude in charge to make adjustments.

Fjordson

Damn, Grizz are probably screwed. Especially if Conley is injured.

When the hell did Z-Bo punch Adams? Don't remember seeing it on TV.

Fuck the NBA. I'm seriously done with this shit. Randolph doesn't get a tech, doesn't get thrown out of the game, yet gets suspended for some bullshit. If Zach Randolph punched Steven Adams, we would have seen it (ala Lou Amundson).

Damn, Grizz are probably screwed. Especially if Conley is injured.

When the hell did Z-Bo punch Adams? Don't remember seeing it on TV.

Its a punch technically but, it is really messed up of them to suspend him. They are not suspending Paul George even though he was being a fool and walking on to the court. luckily for him a coach pushed him back off the court or he would be sitting also.

here is the video of the punch

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2014/05/02/randolph-video.nba/index.html

zychi

Banned
Fuck the NBA. I'm seriously done with this shit. Randolph doesn't get a tech, doesn't get thrown out of the game, yet gets suspended for some bullshit. If Zach Randolph punched Steven Adams, we would have seen it (ala Lou Amundson).

I'm rooting for OKC, but that is some bullshit by the NBA. Pay back for Crawford's fuck up?

Theyre losing me as a fan. Between the suspect refs, bullshit calls, and obvious favortism, the nba is slowly becoming a sport i just check the box score of.

Top Bottom