• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Giggzy

If Seabrook's suspension is light and Bickell gets nothing, this series is going to be absolute chaos at some point in the near future.

Which is exactly why the league needs to set a strong tone against any further shit like today, for both teams' safety.

Is Bickell having a hearing too??

Acid08

Banned
If Seabrook's suspension is light and Bickell gets nothing, this series is going to be absolute chaos at some point in the near future.

Which is exactly why the league needs to set a strong tone against any further shit like today, for both teams' safety.
Highly doubt Bickell gets anything.

Razorskin

----- ------
After Hours Easter edition

XVrXLAW.gif

Bish pls don't ban

Marvie_3

Banned
Vancouver fans knew this already.
People that burn down their city over a hockey game should be more concerned about their themselves.

Seabrook will get a game or two max. The league can suspend Bickell until the end of time for all I care, but they won't do shit now that Seabrook's hit is out there.

The league has had PLENTY of chances to set a strong tone and they never do. This shit is on the owners and the NHLPA. Both get pissed if players get suspended too long and don't give a shit about the injured players on the receiving end of these hits.

Edit: Also, get rid of the fucking instigator penalty already. Shit rule.

Back home with good Kuemper gives me hope.
Wild got this series on lock tho.

Really though, Bryz needs to ride that bench if the Wild are to stand a chance. Varlamov was back to playing like himself and not nervous. I honestly expect to see an even bigger defense first emphasis out of the Wild next game.
http://youtu.be/vFCiYri04Oo

Around .45-.49 you can clearly hear "wakey, wakey Backes" coming from the on ice audio. Keith's lips are flapping, easy enough to connect those dots.
I fucking hate Backes and good god this makes my stomach turn. Then the guy gets in front of microphones talking about how he didn't mean to, how he doesn't want to injure anyone. Seabrook is just garbage. But y'know, unless you're a truly evil person that shit will eventually crush you. Not only the actions but the lack of immediate regret, the lying on camera, laughing it up and mocking the guy while his fucking brain is clearly injured. Not sure Keith would've been saying the shit he was saying if he layed that hit on. Don't think he would've had the courage.

That was an awesome game to go to. Mac was so fucking ridiculous in the first half. Late in the 3rd he made a few rookie mistakes though. I just can't wait to see more of that kid playing. 7 points in 2 playoff games. Tied for first right now with..

... Paul F'n Stastny? What is life. So proud of this team! Duchene will get to play in the post season god damnit.
Good game

Wings tomorrow at 3

Go wings

Yes I'm srs
Dead to me.
If the Wild get killed this series their GM is so fired I think.
Yeo was like one period away from being fired this year if I recall. He will be the first to go.
Won the game and still so mad. 19&21 alt.
Remove the team he's cheering for and it could be either of our alt.
What happened to 19&21?
I'm still here baby don't worry your pretty little beak.

calder

I saw your records on other tracks. The game whipped your ass way before the hard levels.

Classless Avs fan, sadly typical. No respek for the game. :|

I only have like 2 friends who've even tried the hard levels, so really in a way I've already won.

Vman

Wild got this series on lock tho.

Really though, Bryz needs to ride that bench if the Wild are to stand a chance. Varlamov was back to playing like himself and not nervous. I honestly expect to see an even bigger defense first emphasis out of the Wild next game.

It's pretty much a given Kuemper starts, and yes, I'd expect us to focus on defense. I still have a good feeling about this series. Seems like if we shut down your top line we can win. Gonna be hard though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty much every playoff series comes down to shutting down the other teams top line, and then whoever has the better depth, and goalie survives. If you can't do the first one, you're already fucked.

Giggzy

Welp, nows a good time to see what all this Game of Thrones hype is about. Going to go start season 1.

See you all tomorrow for some more quality hockey, and of course thy salt.

TrueGrime

Pretty much every playoff series comes down to shutting down the other teams top line, and then whoever has the better depth, and goalie survives. If you can't do the first one, you're already fucked.

Not taking penalties in the last 5 minutes of the game helps as well.

TrueGrime

Welp, nows a good time to see what all this Game of Thrones hype is about. Going to go start season 1.

See you all tomorrow for some more quality hockey, and of course thy salt.

If you like it how the majority likes it, we won't be seeing you tomorrow!

zroid

Banned
For the first time I hope none of these games go to OT. Overlap sucks. :(

Except Shorks/Queens, that can go to 6 x OT for all I care.

Revenant

No kidding. Nick Leddy is totally a nice guy.

lol @ the Duncan Keith Game 2 slash compilation (TSN). Dirty, dirty, dirty

I was quite pleased when I saw that it was a Wild fan who responded

Watch now leddy is gonna throw his stick through oshie like a spear. Then we can go full heel turn.

Top Bottom