• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

kingslunk

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THESE MOTHER FUCKING REFS. WE ARE SHOOTING PUCKS AT ANDERSON AND THE PUCK ROLLS OUT REF BLOWS A WHISTLE. BODIES PILING IN FRONT OF LEHTONEN FOR 30 SECONDS NO PLAY DEAD THEN FIGHTS START AND WE GET A PENALTY.

THESE GUYS ARE UNBELIEVABLE

I just don't understand the point of allowing guys like Cooke, Brown, Bertuzzi etc to continue playing in this league. They serve no role other than to destroy careers of stars young and old. Cooke did the same shit to a Dallas player in the regular season if I recall.

Giggzy

This is probably said every year, but officiating is horrible in every series this year.

Anywho, I'm still holding out hope. Ducks have come back all year long. One goal within the first ten minutes and I think the pressure will be too much for this inexperienced dallas team.

I just don't understand the point of allowing guys like Cooke, Brown, Bertuzzi etc to continue playing in this league. They serve no role other than to destroy careers of stars young and old. Cooke did the same shit to a Dallas player in the regular season if I recall.
Cooke has a very long record of douchebaggery. He should get an insane suspension like Torres.

My friend just texted me that Barrie is out 4-6 weeks.

got home late so the only game I can catch is the third of dallas/anaheim, but I wish I could have seen the columbus/pittsburgh game just seeing the box score it looked like it would have been fun to see.

Good to see the hawks won to stay in the series; how'd they look?

Acid08

Banned
Damn, that's crazy.

Games like these I wanna hang out with Acid to 'relax'
smokey.gif

Ducks are not winning this one.

Hey. Listen to Marvie.

BELIEVE.

Keep our heads up. Not just because Anaheim will play hard in the third but because Dallas will high stick you when you're not looking. Or shoot at your face one game and try to punch you later.

BELIEVE.

Ducks stick together.
Ducks fly together.

Ducks never say die.

Also could use the momentum in the third to try to win the next if we end up losing

jacket320

I was and always will be a huge Robidas fan. The dude just makes the right decision, nearly all the time and he works his ass off doing so. In the post-Zubov vacuum in Dallas, after years of searching for a new identity and a new way forward from those powerful 90s teams, Robidas became a rock on the blue line and a leader with an incredible work ethic that seemed respected by the rest of the team. I hope it's not the end for him.

Now Elliott is gonna get called up, is not going to know how the fuck to deal with a playoff pace and the whole team is going to be thrown off. Barrie is such a key piece of this team. This fucking blows.

I was and always will be a huge Robidas fan. The dude just makes the right decision, nearly all the time and he works his ass off doing so. In the post-Zubov vacuum in Dallas, after years of searching for a new identity and a new way forward from those powerful 90s teams, Robidas became a rock on the blue line and a leader with an incredible work ethic that seemed respected by the rest of the team. I hope it's not the end for him.

i think this setback will only motivate him to come back.

the ducks will certainly welcome him back

story of this game, ducks not capitalizing on pp opportunities.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That puck looked like it would have gone in had the net not been knocked over by a Star. Can you award a goal in that situation?

(This is a genuine inquiry, I honestly don't know what options are available to the refs if it DOESN'T go in the net but looks like it normally should when the net comes off its moorings.)

Ducks look in this period like the Rangers did in the third yesterday. Not even being able to connect easy unmolested passes in their own zone, let alone threatening to mount a comeback.

DERF

I don't expect Dallas to win the series, but I am happy no sweep and will take any extra playoff games I can get.

Thank fucking god. Now, in order for this league to stop being a complete joke, he's banned from the sport.

I wish, I really do. Of course that's not going to happen, but that's what I would be happy with. He got what he wanted with Barrie being out 4-6 weeks.

I didn't expect a hearing what so ever. League could really set an example here and do the right thing. I know that's high hopes but something's gotta give sometime. This shit can't go on.

Top Bottom