• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

So all the home ice teams went 2-0 in the WC, now three of the series are 2-1.

#beatLA #buckthetrend

Hope San Jose players watch out for Brown's knee. Maybe Cooke will be made an example of before then.

Edit: Mike Yeo said he didn't see the hit, what a cunt. He knew what happened.

Hope San Jose players watch out for Brown's knee. Maybe Cooke will be made an example of before then.

Edit: Mike Yeo said he didn't see the hit, what a cunt. He knew what happened.

It was literally right in front of him when it happened. Willing to bet if you go back and watch the footage he'll be in frame staring at it happening.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Really, what they need to do is get rid of the instigator rule.

Then assholes like Cooke wouldn't be able to get away with what they do without having to pay the price.

Never forget.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Montreal is the only team to go 3-0. Who would have thought.

Edit: Forgot Sharks still have a chance

8ij8g.jpg

His knee is already swung out ready to go, when Barrie turned Cooke then pivoted so his knee was still pointed at Barrie's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qmQHevtAJA

Anyway, apologies to any innocent bystanders who got my salt on them today. I had a feeling before the game started that Cooke getting more ice time would lead to something bad happening. Then the injuries kept coming, Wild fans booing injured players on the ice etc. It was not a good night. Varlamov was godly though.. so there's that I guess. Also I'm somehow not banned by the grace of bish.

Anyway, apologies to any innocent bystanders who got my salt on them today. I had a feeling before the game started that Cooke getting more ice time would lead to something bad happening. Then the injuries kept coming, Wild fans booing injured players on the ice etc. It was not a good night. Varlamov was godly though.. so there's that I guess. Also I'm somehow not banned by the grace of bish.

Bish is a fair and just ruler.

Goeffrey-Clapping.gif

I'm surprised your salt didn't get you a couple days. :p

Why are you failing to review the other angle where Barrie tries to duck the hit? Cook was committed and he ducked it, that knee collision would not have happened otherwise.

I said Barrie turned and tried to avoid it and Cooke adjusted his knee so it was still pointing, not that it matters anyway you don't blame the victim for getting kneed, because Barrie tried to avoid Cooke sticking his knee out at him doesn't make it peachy.

Clearly you see poorly, because fuckface adjusted his path with his knee still leading after Barrie sidestepped. It was intentional.

You said something objectively stupid, maybe.

There's obviously no reasoning with you two. I'm not saying the onus is on Barrie for taking a knee shot, however from the replay I don't think Cooke could have prevented it, nor do I believe he was intentionally trying to injure Barrie.

Vman

The Matt Cooke factor in full effect. Should be a game or two but will be many more due to his rep even though he's not a repeat offender as considered by the league. IN person hearing btw.

Oshimai

There's obviously no reasoning with you two. I'm not saying the onus is on Barrie for taking a knee shot, however from the replay I don't think Cooke could have prevented it, nor do I believe he was intentionally trying to injure Barrie.

I hope he wasn't trying to injure Barrie either.

However, after watching the video several times, I think Cooke had plenty of time to realize that he was going to miss his hit. Instead of missing the hit, he opted to catch Barrie's knee instead.

The Matt Cooke factor in full effect. Should be a game or two but will be many more due to his rep even though he's not a repeat offender as considered by the league. IN person hearing btw.

Shit, I thought I had to go looking for comedic relief but it turns out I just had to keep this thread open.

jAVsERlsmd2Qf.PNG

Shit, I thought I had to go looking for comedic relief but it turns out I just had to keep this thread open.

I think he's technically not a repeat offender, so they can't fine him as much, but they still can take past actions into account for suspensions so in that case he is a repeat offender, no expiration date on that. I don't know, The NHL is fucking stupid when it comes to rules/guidelines.

I think he's technically not a repeat offender, so they can't fine him as much, but they still can take past actions into account for suspensions so in that case he is a repeat offender, no expiration date on that.

That's kind of the joke though. Not to mention I'm fairly certain the CBA really only says repeat offenders will be fined more, not necessarily be given more games when disciplined. Prior history is where that will play into things and stupidly enough there is a difference in how the league defines those two terms.

Giggzy

Yeah it is. Targets the top players on the opposition as well. Would like to see how long those hits put the other player out for compared to his soft suspensions

Socreges

Banned
Why are you failing to review the other angle where Barrie tries to duck the hit? Cook was committed and he ducked it, that knee collision would not have happened otherwise.
Of course it wouldn't have happened otherwise. So what? You're allowed to avoid hits. Hell, I'm pretty sure you're encouraged to. That doesn't mean that the other player is given free license to knee you. Matt Cooke, reborn, paid his debts to society, a productive citizen, surprise surprise he's still a reckless, kneeing fuckhead.

Top Bottom