• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

kingslunk

849469050.gif

ROUS

Stet

Banned
Just saw the Cooke hit. Feel bad for Barrie, that's a shitty knee and now he'll miss the glorious day when the Avs win the series.

Random driveby! I hope the Flyers trade for him in the offseason so we can all say at once 'That makes sense'.

Haha nah I post during games sometimes
And the Flyers are gritty and play a very physical game that sometimes results in them crossing the line, Matt Cooke is just plain dirty. There is a difference.

He won't get 5. That hit isn't as bad as Seabrook's...

He's gonna get 6+
In person hearing and repeat offender. I know playoff games are weighted more heavily but so is an MCL injury.

Levyne

Banned
Was super busy yesterday and didn't get to see the Blackhawks game. At least it looks like they're gonna put up a fight. Be nice to make it a best of 3.

TrueGrime

It'd be cool if Marc Savard was waiting outside the hearing room with a steel chair.

Savard is such a sad fucking story. Fun player to watch and was a beast. I can't begin to think how it would feel to have your career ended and see the guy that ended it continue playing.

Hated Bertuzzi for a long time for the same reason.

Sanjuro

He doesn't sound too bad in this interview from last June. Nowhere near playing hockey of course, just like Pronger.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/savard-enjoying-life-cooke-hit-lingers

I was stretching a bit with that, but yeah, the guy just done professionally and seems to have some lingering effects in everyday life.

I follow his twitter. Something about him getting excited about NHL video games makes me sad.

Pronger may have been the last active Whaler in the league as well. :'(

Socreges

Banned
How would a cowardly former Penguin known for his cheap shots make sense in Philly? It's more likely he goes back to Vancouver.

cooke_photo.jpg
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

Haha nah I post during games sometimes
And the Flyers are gritty and play a very physical game that sometimes results in them crossing the line, Matt Cooke is just plain dirty. There is a difference.
Was referring to your nucks jab :p

fallout

Believe that only applies to how much they can fine a player. They can factor in anything a player has done their entire career into length of suspension.
Yeah, I think you're right. I tried to do a bit of reading on it, but I'm on a phone somewhere between Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Anyway, I could understand some defense of Cooke on that hit if his knee wasn't out the entire time. Intent to injure or not, it's fucking reckless.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV was chatting with Carcillo at morning skate. Wouldn't be shocked to see him in the lineup instead of Fast tonight. Probably would be a good idea.

Just saw that not only have the Rangers not been able to win Game 2 since 2009, but the last time they won Game 2 of a series at Madison Square Garden was against Vancouver in 1994. That's fucking embarrassing.

Yeo is a coward as well. Swears he didn't see the hit even though it was directly in front of him, then none of the wild players are available for media interview despite the wild getting a big win. That's right, protect that dirty son of a bitch. It's almost as if you knew what you were doing giving him that kinda ice time.

Yeo is a coward as well. Swears he didn't see the hit even though it was directly in front of him, then none of the wild players are available for media interview despite the wild getting a big win. That's right, protect that dirty son of a bitch. It's almost as if you knew what you were doing giving him that kinda ice time.

As Scorges said:

Stuff like this is absolutely more likely to happen when you ask certain players to make a difference, when you put them on the ice to stir shit up. They're more likely to want to make those big hits (which generally leads to carelessness) and less likely to be willing to miss an assignment. So yeah, definitely not a fluke that you saw this coming.

Yeo knew exactly what he was doing, I doubt he told Cooke to do it directly, but that's what you're going to get from a player like Cooke getting that TOI, bunch of cowards.

AV was chatting with Carcillo at morning skate. Wouldn't be shocked to see him in the lineup instead of Fast tonight. Probably would be a good idea.

Just saw that not only have the Rangers not been able to win Game 2 since 2009, but the last time they won Game 2 of a series at Madison Square Garden was against Vancouver in 1994. That's fucking embarrassing.

Keep crying into the Cup you won that year. :(

Parch

The Cooke hit has really ruffled a lot of feathers. It's the perfect textbook knee-on-knee on how to injure a player. League is going to nail him big time.

We saw a clampdown in the last STL/CHI game after all the cheap shit going on there. Now I get the feeling the refs will impose some heavy handed officiating league wide because there's crap going on in all the series.

Powerplays are about to become a big factor.

Torres got 25 games. This isn't a head shot but history and the severity should result in a lengthy suspension.

Will see how this affects the series. Rome hitting Horton changed that series in 2011. Hawks lost the series after the Torres hit.

calder

What did those tweets say?

Kessel tweeted something that implied he had interests and a life outside of hockey and some people whined that he should get back in his hyperbaric chamber and watch d-zone coverage videos until training camp opens.

Torres got 25 games. This isn't a head shot but history and the severity should result in a lengthy suspension.

Will see how this affects the series. Rome hitting Horton changed that series in 2011. Hawks lost the series after the Torres hit.

If you're talking about the Barrie hit I can already tell you how it's going to affect the series. Barrie is hands down our best puck moving defenseman. He is a huge, huge reason why we generate so much offense. The next guy we have in line to fill his role couldn't even keep a roster spot in the regular season losing out to guys like Sarich and Guenin. We're losing a skill player and a key player and replacing him with a struggling AHLer currently. Wild are losing Matt "I've Seen The Light" Cooke and it could be as few as 5 games.

edit: Correction, we're replacing Barrie with Wilson instead of Elliott like I expected. Wilson has completely lost his game since his lengthy injury. Roy also called up Joey Hishon I guess? Someone who hasn't even played a game in the NHL because of a huge concussion. I guess Roy thinks he's safe to play now that Cooke is going to miss a few games. I'm pretty sure that leaves Cliche as the odd man out and to be honest he hasn't been very good for a month or two now.

zroid

Banned
What did those tweets say?

@PKessel81
Night fishing with friends doesn't get much better

@PKessel81
Relax people playoffs would been better some of u need to chill out it's crazy

They were actually talking about it on Leafs Lunch, it was an absurd conversation

Samyy

Come on Zeeroid, I bet Mimico boys Davey Clarkman and Davey Bollman are currently training in some secluded hockey temple back in their hometown.

Top Bottom