• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Solo

It's a pretty big deal for guys like Prust, Markov, Moen, A.Gally, etc. Therrien has had this team 100% ready every game, I'm not worried about a long layoff.

AGally will hopefully be able to produce some offense with BGally and Pleky. Which likely means Prust to the 4th and Bournival to the press box.

Thats if he comes back at all. They've been very mum on the whole situation.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The only good thing's I can take away from the game were that the first goal was totally savable, but Howard whiffed, and the 2nd goal was just on a bad line change. They didn't really score any goals by out working the Wings (not like they had to). Detroit looked better in the 3rd, but they can't get any sustained pressure or 2nd chances on Rask. Every shot they were taking was getting blocked or from so far out that Rask had no problem seeing it.

What's crazy about the Wings is that they can look absolutely shitty one game, then somehow pull out a win the next game to keep a series alive. They did with San Jose a few years ago and Anaheim last year. If they can get that first goal next game I think they'll hold on to win the game. But if they lose game 4, the series is over in 5.

pringles

So Habs likely have at least a full week off to get healthy and ready for Boston. Hopefully that works in our favor. Long layoffs can be a double edged sword.
Thanks for the jinx, Wings need all the help they can get.

The only good thing's I can take away from the game were that the first goal was totally savable, but Howard whiffed, and the 2nd goal was just on a bad line change. They didn't really score any goals by out working the Wings (not like they had to). Detroit looked better in the 3rd, but they can't get any sustained pressure or 2nd chances on Rask. Every shot they were taking was getting blocked or from so far out that Rask had no problem seeing it.

What's crazy about the Wings is that they can look absolutely shitty one game, then somehow pull out a win the next game to keep a series alive. They did with San Jose a few years ago and Anaheim last year. If they can get that first goal next game I think they'll hold on to win the game. But if they lose game 4, the series is over in 5.
Yeah the one reason I'm not giving up is because I remember both the Anaheim and Chicago series last year when we seemed completely dominated and came back next game and won. Difference is we don't have Zetterberg to lean on right now. He can win a game or two by himself. And Babcock seems clueless when it comes to his lineup decisions. Our PP has hit rock bottom and he still refuses to give our best offensive d-man (Smith) any PP time whatsoever.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bullshit penalty on Carcillo, that was a terrific defensive play.

But he's super lucky to not get hit with an unsportsmanlike on top.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Carcillo in the fans' faces!!! Hahahahahaha someone gif that.

edit: holy shit at the hit on the glass and then the deathstare at the ref, lol. gif that too!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally will hopefully be able to produce some offense with BGally and Pleky. Which likely means Prust to the 4th and Bournival to the press box.

Thats if he comes back at all. They've been very mum on the whole situation.
It's pretty awesome to have all this depth, I don't want to see Bournival in the press box, he's been great and his speed is awesome on that 4th line. At the same time I want to see A.Gally & Moen back in the lineup, it's an embarrassment of riches.

Stasis

Habs Boston would be fucking awesome.

So much fun in Montreal when those two play each other. Parties every game.

Last time they beat them in like round 1 and the city went nuts, like they won the cup. I remember fire trucks and even city busses driving around honking, busses flashing interior lights disco style, fire trucks popping sirens, etc.

Edit. Carcillllllllooooo! Hahahaha.

Clydefrog

I fucking hate Jordan Nolan. That is all.

who?

capturexab4c.jpg

Top Bottom