• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Xavier Oullet will play in Game 4 over Kindl/Lashoff, and Zetterberg MIGHT be a game-time decision.

...hope??
Great, rush Z back in just so he can get hurt again. I'd rather him just wait it out until the next round if we get that far or shut it down till next season. The dude could barely walk during Lidstrom's jersey retirement ceremony, I just don't see how he can be game ready this soon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers taxi squad, which seems to have been called up prior to Game 3:

Forwards: Marek Hrivik, Danny Kristo, Oscar Lindberg, Darroll Powe, Ryan Bourque
Defense: Tommy Hughes, Dan Syvret, Conor Allen, Dylan McIlrath
Goaltender: David Leneveu

Rangers taxi squad, which seems to have been called up prior to Game 3:

Forwards: Marek Hrivik, Danny Kristo, Oscar Lindberg, Darroll Powe, Ryan Bourque
Defense: Tommy Hughes, Dan Syvret, Conor Allen, Dylan McIlrath
Goaltender: David Leneveu

Dan Syvret is still playing?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
849703450.gif

Solo

Me and a buddy have decided we're gonna try to get tickets for Habs/Bruins either Game 3 or Game 4 in Montreal on Saturday when the tickets go on sale.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully some stupid GM gives us a 2nd pick for Bourque at the draft after what he's pulling now

After the way he's played I'm not sure what lineup changes we should make heading into round two. Aside from Vanek last game, Prust has been the worst forward, but we can't remove all of our toughness, and Bournival's speed has been awesome on the fourth line.

Also, Hishon is taking Cliche's spot like I figured yesterday. Bitter sweet news, Cliche went down hill after a fairly solid 2 months in the beginning of the season. If Hishon is at the very least average I don't see Cliche ever getting another shot at center barring injuries.

Red_Man

After the way he's played I'm not sure what lineup changes we should make heading into round two. Aside from Vanek last game, Prust has been the worst forward, but we can't remove all of our toughness, and Bournival's speed has been awesome on the fourth line.
Hopefully this break helps Prust, apparently he still has issues with his ribs. I think Bournival will go out, even though he's been great. I'd prefer to keep Moen a healthy scratch for now, you don't really want to mess with the lineup with how well they've been playing.

Solo

I think the only changes we will see are:

- AGally in for Prust on the 2nd line
- Prust in for Bournival on the second line
- Murray or Tinordi in for Boullion or Weaver

If AGally can't go, then the 12 forwards stay the same.

Red_Man

I think the only changes we will see are:

- AGally in for Prust on the 2nd line.
This is my initial thought as well, but having Prust on that line gives Therrien two great defensive lines along with Eller's. You put A.Gally on that line and it becomes an offensive line, I'd like to see A.Gally play with Briere.

Solo

This is my initial thought as well, but having Prust on that line gives Therrien two great defensive lines along with Eller's. You put A.Gally on that line and it becomes an offensive line, I'd like to see A.Gally play with Briere.

I'd be okay with AGally on the 4th if Therrien intends to keep rolling 4 lines. AGally-Briere-Bournival could do some real damage against weak competition.

But against the Bruins I'm expecting Therrien will want a more typical, checking, 4th line. Which might mean Bournival hits the press box either way.

From the People Magazine thread:

Wasn't he the guy trash talking Canada in the Olympics thread?

He posted in that thread that he knew very little about hockey, then the next day went full dumb ass with his trolling. He's appeared in here recently too, and funnily enough, I'm pretty sure his first post was "I don't watch much hockey...". Sometimes people just get got by a well timed troll.

Red_Man

RIP Jackets

I'd be okay with AGally on the 4th if Therrien intends to keep rolling 4 lines. AGally-Briere-Bournival could do some real damage against weak competition.
Yea, a lot of speed on that line, and A.Gally and Briere could work well making all the plays, and it would be better to ease him into the lineup. I think Bournival sitting is inevitable, which is a huge luxury as he's been great.

Red_Man

I am in complete shock the ref didn't call a penalty on Crosby's stick breaking there. Good on him.

Top Bottom