• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

It's almost like every fan base has ignorant fans.....

racist.jpg

Lol, this is totally just as offensive.

Samyy

HERTLLLLLL
SHORKKSSSS WOOOOOOOOO

Went to be early because I had a phone interview in the morning, seems like I missed a fun game :(

And fuck phone interviews are fucking awful, so weird.

Solo

They're alright when they're not technical.

And when they are technical......LOL. I had a phone interview this summer for an engineering job, and when they start firing off questions that cover the entire broad spectrum of civil engineering....good times. However, I've learned that this is not so much an exercise in how much you know as it is an exercise in how well you can think on your feet and bullshit. If they asked me 10 questions I know I got at least half wrong, but I was still offered the job because I was able to talk myself out of all of them.

And when they are technical......LOL. I had a phone interview this summer for an engineering job, and when they start firing off questions that cover the entire broad spectrum of civil engineering....good times. However, I've learned that this is not so much an exercise in how much you know as it is an exercise in how well you can think on your feet and bullshit. If they asked me 10 questions I know I got at least half wrong, but I was still offered the job because I was able to talk myself out of all of them.

Yeah I wish I approached some phone screens like that.

HERTLLLLLL
SHORKKSSSS WOOOOOOOOO

Went to be early because I had a phone interview in the morning, seems like I missed a fun game :(

And fuck phone interviews are fucking awful, so weird.

Yeah, they fucking suck. Can't see their facial expressions, body language, hard to build a rapport. Hate them for job stuff and interviews for articles.

ShaneB

God, O'Neil is annoying. Almost PJ bad.

Agreed, what a terrible panel addition, yeesh.

I just hope its not TOO many days and they lose their groove/become lethargic out there.

Always the cliché of rusty vs recharged. We'll see!

PerkyFrenchDrake.gif

Looks like Richards had a chance to poke check Marleau and prevent the goal

Yup, clearly had plenty of time to play the puck, but all he is thinking about is getting the hit.

It's for older shows only I thought. So Sopranos... Yay?

I've never seen most of the things on HBO. I also think it's a sign of things to come, Game of Thrones will probably never see the same sort of access while it's still airing but I think the streaming market continues to grow and they'll be remiss not to make it easier to access newer shows in the future.

Heretic

I especially enjoyed the cuckolding part starring one Heretic.

link?
Easily some of my best work

PerkyFrenchDrake.gif

Looks like Richards had a chance to poke check Marleau and prevent the goal

Yup, clearly had plenty of time to play the puck, but all he is thinking about is getting the hit.
I was thinking the same thing. Kings are a 'hit first' team. It's their style though and it won them the cup.

Heretic

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/felger-calls-out-marchand-faking-injury-0?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

"Brad, if you're going to be a weasel," said Felger, "If you're going to be a cheater, if you're going to act like a Montreal Canadien. You got to get your knees straight."

Ha

Edit: Kept reading:
"If the Bruins advance here, Montreal is waiting on the other side." said Felger, "When we get into that series, I want to have the moral high-ground. I want to call the team that dives, and fakes it and plays that greasy game.

"If the Bruins are going to do it as much as the Canadiens, forget that. We're just as bad as they are"

ShaneB

I was thinking the same thing. Kings are a 'hit first' team. It's their style though and it won them the cup.

Well yes, there's being physical, but also being stupid. You're in OT, the puck is in the slot with a crowded zone, you play the puck first. He doesn't show any intention of wanting puck possession, just getting a hit.

You can't play with a BROKEN stick

This, also, if a stick is on the ice, you can't direct it towards another player as a means of obstruction, aka shooting it at a player in hopes it trips them up or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Giroux trying to do his best Messier impression:

“We’re going to be ready for Game 4. We’re going to tie up this series and go back to New York.”

We'll see.

ShaneB

Giroux trying to do his best Messier impression:

“We’re going to be ready for Game 4. We’re going to tie up this series and go back to New York.”

We'll see.

I don't get why these "guarantees" are ever newsworthy. Is it a story if he says "Yeah, we're going to win" or "Nah, we're going to lose"? I'd certainly hope players think they'll win!!

Seems silly either way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why these "guarantees" are ever newsworthy. Is it a story if he says "Yeah, we're going to win" or "Nah, we're going to lose"? I'd certainly hope players think they'll win!!

Seems silly either way.

Everyone loves a storyline. And by "everyone," I mostly mean "the sports news media."

In other news, this picture is amazing.

Seems silly either way.
Who would even say they're going to lose? "Yeah, I feel like we suck so we might as well not even show up for the game...". Yeah, OK.

Top Bottom