• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You all better never say anything about Penguins refs again because this period has been all Columbus on the PP.
1 game out of 4 were the refs are giving Columbus their due, what an outrage, this definitely makes up for all the ridiculous penalties before!

Jody Shelley just said they had to replace 5 blown speakers at Nationwide after Monday night to stay level with the crowd noise and they have 5 more on backup tonight.

Velcro Fly

Go up 3-0 and then stop playing because you think the game is over. Then when Columbus outplays you the final 50 minutes of the game and wins everyone will blame MAF.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
1 game out of 4 were the refs are giving Columbus their due, what an outrage, this definitely makes up for all the ridiculous penalties before!

Lol. Does no one take into account that the Penguins have Malkin and Crosby to draw penalties? "Oh my god why arnt the pens holding Jenner like we hold Crosby!"

You all better never say anything about Penguins refs again because this period has been all Columbus on the PP.

J_70fbdb_1667409.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. Does no one take into account that the Penguins have Malkin and Crosby to draw penalties? "Oh my god why arnt the pens holding Jenner like we hold Crosby!"

You mean like the way Jenner was being blatantly held along the boards without having it called towards the end of that period? Yeah, why do the Penguins never do that?!

Sanjuro

<3 that movie

It's probably one of those most underrated movies of all time. Mainly because people throw all the other John Hughes movies at you because they are more meaningfull to the times created.

Planes/Trains is John Candy and Steve Martin being perfect characters and a ton of great sequences. I usually watch it once a year, especially around Thanksgiving/Christmas with friends. The end shot is worth it alone.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah Malkin bitches all the time with his broken English. Good call.
Are you seriously trying to say that Malkin can't whine because English isn't his native tongue? Unreal. Dude flips his shit anytime someone gets physical with him.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's probably one of those most underrated movies of all time. Mainly because people throw all the other John Hughes movies at you because they are more meaningfull to the times created.

Planes/Trains is John Candy and Steve Martin being perfect characters and a ton of great sequences. I usually watch it once a year, especially around Thanksgiving/Christmas with friends. The end shot is worth it alone.
Agreed. I cant hear "everytime you go away" without thinking of the movie anymore

zroid

Banned
7 games... not bad. expected 5 or 6.

(would have liked to see more though)

edit: I guess I've just been trained to expect the worst :(

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
You mean like the way Jenner was being blatantly held along the boards without having it called towards the end of that period? Yeah, why do the Penguins never do that?!

Do you mean the end of the period when Glass took a stick to the face and his nose was bleeding? Where is Pens 4 minutes? Wait, I forgot if they got it, its the old "omg pens 4 minutes! Any other team that would only be 2!"

ZeroGravity

Fleury is playing well. The Pens shot themselves in the foot with the penalties.
The Pens just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about hockey culture (I'm an expert), but honor and discipline are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Philadelphia where you can become successful by playing like an asshole. If you take bad penalties in Pittsburgh, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Penguins bandwagoners, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch Penguins games, nor will they purchase any Sidney Crosby jerseys. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the Pens have alienated an entire market with their play.

Dan Bylsma, publicly apologize and learn to coach or you can kiss your playoff run goodbye.

shoplifter

It's going to be completely berserk in here for the 3rd. Easily the most intense period of hockey ever played in here.

Let's hope CBJ can keep the energy up in the 3rd.

7 games for Cooke is bullshit

Yup, if they're assigning intent it should be lifetime.

The Pens just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about hockey culture (I'm an expert), but honor and discipline are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Philadelphia where you can become successful by playing like an asshole. If you take bad penalties in Pittsburgh, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Penguins bandwagoners, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch Penguins games, nor will they purchase any Sidney Crosby jerseys. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the Pens have alienated an entire market with their play.

Dan Bylsma, publicly apologize and learn to coach or you can kiss your playoff run goodbye.

<3

Top Bottom