• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

7 games? What a fucking joke of a league. So in other words, he got rewarded for taking out one of their best players. Good to know this will deter him in the future.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The Pens just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about hockey culture (I'm an expert), but honor and discipline are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Philadelphia where you can become successful by playing like an asshole. If you take bad penalties in Pittsburgh, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Penguins bandwagoners, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch Penguins games, nor will they purchase any Sidney Crosby jerseys. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the Pens have alienated an entire market with their play.

Dan Bylsma, publicly apologize and learn to coach or you can kiss your playoff run goodbye.

Never expected this to show up in a hockey thread. <3

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Do you mean the end of the period when Glass took a stick to the face and his nose was bleeding? Where is Pens 4 minutes? Wait, I forgot if they got it, its the old "omg pens 4 minutes! Any other team that would only be 2!"

It was a follow through on a play on the puck, which makes it legal. That's something that's in the rule book. I know such a thing doesn't matter too much in Pittsburgh, but it theoretically does in the rest of the league.

The Pens just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about hockey culture (I'm an expert), but honor and discipline are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Philadelphia where you can become successful by playing like an asshole. If you take bad penalties in Pittsburgh, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Penguins bandwagoners, after hearing about this, are not going to want to watch Penguins games, nor will they purchase any Sidney Crosby jerseys. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the Pens have alienated an entire market with their play.

Dan Bylsma, publicly apologize and learn to coach or you can kiss your playoff run goodbye.
post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-SfRH.gif

I used to lurk a bunch.

Solo

Never expected this to show up in a hockey thread. <3
Heretic just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about pick-up culture (I'm an expert), but mad game and not putting the pussy on a pedestal are huge parts of it. It's not like it was in the 1600's where you could get laid by reciting a Crown Of Sonnets. If you simp like a beta, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to become an alpha.

What this means is bitches, after hearing about this, are not going to want to fuck him, nor will they even let him get to second base. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Heretic has alienated an entire gender with his lack of game.

Heretic, publicly apologize and learn to pull bitches or you can kiss your chances at a girlfriend goodbye.

Razorskin

----- ------

I don't know how much the rest of you know about pick-up culture (I'm an expert), but mad game and not putting the pussy on a pedestal are huge parts of it. It's not like it was in the 1600's where you could get laid by reciting a Crown Of Sonnets. If you simp like a beta, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to become an alpha.

What this means is bitches, after hearing about this, are not going to want to fuck him, nor will they even let him get to second base. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Heretic has alienated an entire gender with his lack of game.

Heretic, publicly apologize and learn to pull bitches or you can kiss your chances at a girlfriend goodbye.
:lol

Alucard

Banned
Columbus is making a push. The Pens are trying to lock it down. Hope they realize they should be trying to generate some offense too.

Btw, this whole page reads like HFBOARDS, dudes.

Samyy

/dead

What would people have wanted from the Cooke suspension? Other than a lifetime ban because they could obviously never do that without fucking up a lot of stuff with the players' association + contract situation stuff.

10? 20? I'm curious.

To clarify, I was expecting it to be about 10 or so.

Also:
Cooke's 7 games is the second-longest kneeing suspension in history (Marchment, 8 games, 1998, Kevin Dineen) #mnwild

Just to put this suspension into context.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's going to be completely berserk in here for the 3rd. Easily the most intense period of hockey ever played in here.

Let's hope CBJ can keep the energy up in the 3rd.

Are you at the game?

What would people have wanted from the Cooke suspension? Other than a lifetime ban because they could obviously never do that without fucking up a lot of stuff with the players' association + contract situation stuff.

10? 20? I'm curious.

Also:

I would have been satisfied with 10, at least double digits gives it some weight.

7 games for Cooke is bullshit

Ridiculous
My hate for him notwithstanding, he's a lifetime reoffender and has had suspensions longer than that before. Not that I had any faith with the NHL's discipline in the first place after the past few years, but this is a joke.

10? 20? I'm curious.

Also:

15-20 I would never expect a lifetime ban, who would?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Weren't people here saying "anything less than 5 games is a joke"?

Also, I love how grown men turn into bickering petulant babies during the playoffs.

I was saying anything other than LIFETIME would be a joke.

Given his history of doing this shit time and time again.

If the league is concerned about player safety, they would have made an example out of him, or anyone else.

He ruined Savard's career. Why shouldn't Cooke's be ruined?

Reasonable. I doubt anybody would have a problem with him getting that number.

I saw one or two throw the idea around the night it happened on here. And tons of dummies in comment sections on TSN.ca and NHL.com were saying that type of stuff about a lifetime ban or whatever.

10? 20? I'm curious.

Also:

Minimum double digits. I'd want similar to what Torres get ideally but double digits would make me not feel like the league is a joke at least.

Not sure why the fuck we should care that it's the second longest suspension for kneeing, we've known for ages that the league is bullshit when it comes to punishments. We don't need flaunting that fact to realize it. It's common knowledge.

Alucard

Banned
I was saying anything other than LIFETIME would be a joke.

Given his history of doing this shit time and time again.

If the league is concerned about player safety, they would have made an example out of him, or anyone else.

He ruined Savard's career. Why shouldn't Cooke's be ruined?

As long as they're consistent with the suspensions, I don't have an issue with the NHL's discipline. I understand the vitriol towards Cooke in particular, though. Hard to say he hasn't earned it at this point.

Didn't Cooke get like a 20 game suspension in the past? Why not another one along the same length?

Cooke had previously been suspended five times for a total of 20 regular-season games and seven playoff games and fined four other times. He had not been suspended since March 2011. In that incident, Cooke, then a Pittsburgh Penguin, elbowed the Rangers’ Ryan McDonagh and was suspended the final 10 regular-season games and the first round of the playoffs, which lasted seven games.

sauce

TrueGrime

Just saw the suspension video and can't help but shake my head. Is Cooke like Crosby in which the NHL just can't do without?

As long as they're consistent with the suspensions, I don't have an issue with the NHL's discipline. I understand the vitriol towards Cooke in particular, though. Hard to say he hasn't earned it at this point.

I'm sorry but that's really not good enough at all. People are scumbags and people are getting seriously hurt. Consistency doesn't matter as much as having weight. I know consistency sucks but have consistency of 3 game bans they seem to love to make fit to everything doesn't do jack shit to deter this nonsense. One of the best players on opponent's team out for rest of playoffs or 3 game ban... Hmmm... Tough choice for scumbag players like Cooke.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Minimum double digits. I'd want similar to what Torres get ideally but double digits would make me not feel like the league is a joke at least.

Not sure why the fuck we should care that it's the second longest suspension for kneeing, we've known for ages that the league is bullshit when it comes to punishments. We don't need flaunting that fact to realize it. It's common knowledge.

Exactly, 10 sends the message that the league is actually going to start doing something about it, and sets the precedent for the next dirty knee.

Seven just tells me it's more of the same.

Top Bottom