• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
To be fair, that goal had some pretty awful puck luck for Fleury. It bounced over his stick at the last half second.

I'd blame the Pens sitting back and only getting a combined 13 shots on goal during the second and third periods. Just unacceptable. They hung Fleury out to dry. The guy was forced to make 42 saves and his team still couldn't generate enough offense to say "Thank you."

Now, Fleury is the goat and online boards have more fuel for the FLOLRY fire.

fleury outright loses more games on his own than he steals

and he swims like dominek hasek... except he doesn't save shit

TrueGrime

Dallas won't die.

Fucking bullshit. I go to get food, miss the BJ's game winner. Go to the bathroom, and miss the go ahead goal in Dallas.

To be fair, that goal had some pretty awful puck luck for Fleury. It bounced over his stick at the last half second.

I'd blame the Pens sitting back and only getting a combined 13 shots on goal during the second and third periods. Just unacceptable. They hung Fleury out to dry. The guy was forced to make 42 saves and his team still couldn't generate enough offense to say "Thank you."

Seriously? I mean I know they half assed it towards they end but they scored 3 fucking goals. You say they couldn't generate offense like they were winning 1-0 before the Fleury collapse.
I don't think if Zatkoff faces 40 in regulation it's 3-3. Pens have disappeared for really long stretches in this series and if they do that with Zatkoff in it isn't going to be a 4-3 OT loss.

I guess we just disagree then. Zatkoff has played well enough that I don't think it's some blowout if he's put in. Especially after Fleury literally throwing the game tonight. I think you're overestimating Fleury and grossly underestimating Zatkoff. Maybe we can get Vokoun in somehow.

C Jones

That game winner was awful, though. Every goalie in the league needs to stop that.
Agreed. 2nd period was useless as they were a man or two behind for so much of it. Went into turtle mode instead of keeping their foot on the gas in the 3rd. Look what happened when Columbus smelled blood in the water in OT - they threw everything at the net and it paid off.

cube444

That game winner was awful, though. Every goalie in the league needs to stop that.

I honestly expected Miller to land in Pittsburgh. Heck, even Schneider or Luongo.

Shero is a tool.

Alucard

Banned
Seriously? I mean I know they half assed it towards they end but they scored 3 fucking goals. You say they couldn't generate offense like they were winning 1-0 before the Fleury collapse.

I guess we just disagree then. Zatkoff has played well enough that I don't think it's some blowout if he's put in. Especially after Fleury literally throwing the game tonight. I think you're overestimating Fleury and grossly underestimating Zatkoff. Maybe we can get Vokoun in somehow.

The first two BJ goals weren't Fleury's fault. The game-tying one was flukey. The game winner was brutal, though.

I just think sitting back with 40 minutes left is a stupid strategy, even if you're up 3-1. 6 shots in the second period. 7 shots in the third. Awful.

I honestly expected Miller to land in Pittsburgh. Heck, even Schneider or Luongo.

Shero is a tool.

We don't have the cap. We'd need some sucker to pick up Fleury's contract to do that.

The first two BJ goals weren't Fleury's fault. The game-tying one was flukey. The game winner was brutal, though.

I just think sitting back with 40 minutes left is a stupid strategy, even if you're up 3-1. 6 shots in the second period. 7 shots in the third. Awful.

Of course it is. They've been doing it for years and it's been biting us in the ass for years.

Alucard

Banned

Shero is a tool.

Schneider would have been awesome if possible to get. I just don't see the Pens landing a bigger name in a straight up trade. It would have to be through free agency.

FIRE THE FUCKING CANNON

AVz939m.gif

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cube444

We don't have the cap. We'd need some sucker to pick up Fleury's contract to do that.

Some desperate team like the Flames, Oilers etc would have been all over Fleury. I think Shero is too loyal and blinded by the 2009 SC as he's staunchly defended a guy like Fleury when it's clearly obvious he's been done in Pittsburgh for awhile now.

Same goes for Bylsma too.

Alucard

Banned

Of course it is. They've been doing it for years and it's been biting us in the ass for years.

Is Bylsma the one to blame, then? Or Martin? The Pens need to stop pretending they're a team who can lock it down defensively. They should just keep pushing forward and get their foot on the throat of their opponents.

We'll see how the rest of this series goes. Pens with more soul searching to do. Seems like the story every season now, and the result is inevitably the same.

Chris R

Go Anaheim, can't stand the glass beaters in Dallas (even if it would be an easier series for the Avs... assuming we get out of our current series and further).

Alucard

Banned
PJ Stock talking sense? Weird.

Fleury has an .896 save percentage in these playoffs.

Shero needs to do something if these playoffs don't pan out yet again. This is just unacceptable. I like Fleury, but not enough to suffer this same frustration year after year.

Top Bottom