• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Velcro Fly

Love to see all the flyers fans come out of the woodwork for the end. I guess they need something to cheer for.

Bench Fluery the rest of the series

Zatkoff probably isn't going to be any better.

They need to actually play hockey after being up 3-0 instead of going through the motions.

Somebody earlier said "Short Handed Goals: The Series"

alternate titles:
"Blown Leads: The Series"
"4-3: The series"
"Groundhog Fleury: The Series"

Alucard

Banned
Well, that happened. Fuck. Classic Pens meltdown. Put this game in the books under the long list of others.

'Nite all. Sigh.

cube444

If Ovechkin was having the series Crosby is having along with that goal drought the Canadian media would be tearing him a new anus for sure.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bless you Jackets, bless you.

I'm talking full credit for this win with my prediction btw.

Curufinwe

Love to see all the flyers fans come out of the woodwork for the end. I guess they need something to cheer for.

Bench Fluery the rest of the series, we'll be fine.

Love to see the Pens fan who only showed up for the playoffs crying about Philly fans coming out if the woodwork when we've been here all season and it's everyone here who is loving your team choking again.

Velcro Fly

Love to see the Pens fan crying about Philly fans when it's everyone here who is loving your team choking again.

Seriously. Singling out one or two people in the past few pages out of the couple dozen is really dumb. Pens are fucking lucky this isn't 3-1 or done. Columbus has been the better team all four games.

Alucard

Banned
If Ovechkin was having the series Crosby is having along with that goal drought the Canadian media would be tearing him a new anus for sure.

Don't forget Malkin. The Pens look like a decidedly ordinary squad right now. The magic just hasn't been there. Hoping for better results in game 5.

Draconian

So happy to see CBJ come back and win! This was the game-tying goal for anyone who couldn't see it:

ibvjcxkP0tMkvs.gif

They need to get rid of Fleury. Dude is a massive chokejob in the playoffs and always will be.

Zatkoff probably isn't going to be any better.

They need to actually play hockey after being up 3-0 instead of going through the motions.

Are you serious? How could Zatkoff play worse than Fleury did just now? At worst it's the same result. Did you say the same thing when he got benched for Vokoun last year?

Acid08

Banned
Seriously.

They were actually pretty boring for the most part during the regular season, but they've really stepped up their game in the playoffs.
They seem to be keeping it pretty clean too. From what I saw of them during the regular season they seemed to play on the edge, especially Johnson.

Velcro Fly

Are you serious? How could Zatkoff play worse than Fleury did just now? At worst it's the same result. Did you say the same thing when he got benched for Vokoun last year?

I don't think if Zatkoff faces 40 in regulation it's 3-3. Pens have disappeared for really long stretches in this series and if they do that with Zatkoff in it isn't going to be a 4-3 OT loss.

Alucard

Banned
They need to get rid of Fleury. Dude is a massive chokejob in the playoffs and always will be.

To be fair, that goal had some pretty awful puck luck for Fleury. It bounced over his stick at the last half second.

I'd blame the Pens sitting back and only getting a combined 13 shots on goal during the second and third periods. Just unacceptable. They hung Fleury out to dry. The guy was forced to make 42 saves and his team still couldn't generate enough offense to say "Thank you."

Now, Fleury is the goat and online boards have more fuel for the FLOLRY fire.

That game winner was awful, though. Every goalie in the league needs to stop that.

Top Bottom