• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Zeppeli

Banned
I say Kings come back and win 4-3 in the series.

Columbus is taking the Pens to 7 and I feel like they're going to win. Too much heart!

Zeppeli

Banned
That's only happened 3 times I believe. Sharks have too much firing power for it to happen this year.

Never count the Kings out. Where they not the first team to win the cup as the 8th seed in the modern NHL? Nothing is impossible if Quick gets on his game and Richards/Carter start clicking, which are both possible under the immense amount of pressure coming into a game where they could be swept by their rivals.

Zeppeli

Banned
Getzlaf likely to miss tomorrow's game... That's all she wrote.

The Stars making the second round would make some serious fire start burning in their guts. If they could beat the Ducks, what's stopping them from beating anyone else?

So.. Kings going out tonight or will they pull one out of their ass?

Blow out one way or the other. One team is getting rocked tonight. I think the Sharks, but we'll see.

Acid08

Banned
Never count the Kings out. Where they not the first team to win the cup as the 8th seed in the modern NHL? Nothing is impossible if Quick gets on his game and Richards/Carter start clicking, which are both possible under the immense amount of pressure coming into a game where they could be swept by their rivals.
I agree that counting them out isn't good but the Sharks have been here before. 2011 the Wings took us from 3-0 to force a game 7 that we won. Last year the Sharks were able to close out the Canucks in 4, avoiding that situation. The Kings are better than the Canucks were but this Sharks team is also much better. Wouldn't be surprised if the Kings won tonight but will they we able to steal a game from us in San Jose? Not really seeing it.

TrueGrime

Ducks need their dux back :(

They need to go the streets. Recruit that talent.

tumblr_mp4kvti9BG1sxif5fo1_400.gif

Acid08

Banned
Sutter is moving Brown up to the first line tonight to match against Hertl-Thornton-Burns. Stay away from Hertl you stupid fuck.

Meanwhile, Duchene is scheduled to skate for the fourth consecutive day in his rehabilitation assignment from a knee injury, and if it continues to go well he could possibly be available to return next week.

Uh oh.. we may have our leading scorer back before this series ends.
Sutter is moving Brown up to the first line tonight to match against Hertl-Thornton-Burns. Stay away from Hertl you stupid fuck.

Dude.. basically the same exact shit that went down with Cooke and Mac. I hope the outcome is different. :|

Acid08

Banned
Don't even care. Brown's been invisible this series.
Not worried about what he's going to do with the puck because he's only up there to be physical. And with his reputation it's pretty obvious what he's going to do. He's a huge downgrade from Williams though so hopefully our top line can take advantage.

The more worrying move is Williams being moved down to Stoll's line. Shep-Pavs-Wingels is going to need to be lights out. Wish they would switch Torres for Shep on that line.

kingslunk

Hoping the sharks go in raw on you guys.

You know my friend is a Sabers fan and there are some random teams that he just hates. Until now I didn't realize it but man playoff series between teams can really make fans of one team really hate the other team.

I don't think you cared two shits about the stars prior to this series but now for the rest of your life you're going to be like "FUCK THE STARS"

You know my friend is a Sabers fan and there are some random teams that he just hates. Until now I didn't realize it but man playoff series between teams can really make fans of one team really hate the other team.

I don't think you cared two shits about the stars prior to this series but now for the rest of your life you're going to be like "FUCK THE STARS"

I don't know about the rest of my life. Stopped caring about Phoenix a long time ago. Still hold a grudge for Detroit though.

Good luck on your quest for the Cup.

But yeah Sharks are gonna tear Dallas up (tip: shoot high on Niemi)

Cat Party

Not worried about what he's going to do with the puck because he's only up there to be physical. And with his reputation it's pretty obvious what he's going to do. He's a huge downgrade from Williams though so hopefully our top line can take advantage.

The more worrying move is Williams being moved down to Stoll's line. Shep-Pavs-Wingels is going to need to be lights out. Wish they would switch Torres for Shep on that line.
Even as a hitter he's been ineffective. Hertl will be fine.

kingslunk

I don't know about the rest of my life. Stopped caring about Phoenix a long time ago. Still hold a grudge for Detroit though.

Good luck on your quest for the Cup.

But yeah Sharks are gonna tear Dallas up (tip: shoot high on Niemi)

We haven't beaten the ducks yet. Not getting ahead of myself.

Good luck to your ducks also. Regardless of this series.

However until the series ends I hate the ducks.

Top Bottom