• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Solo

Erm....your making it sound like Boston will be a walk in the park, I don't think Montreal wins that series.

It will be an amazing, great series that will go 6 or 7 and I think the winner is a toss up. Either way, it will be fun as fuck to watch.

Erm....your making it sound like Boston will be a walk in the park, I don't think Montreal wins that series.
I never said it was a walk in the park, a close win separated by one goal leading to close results. I expect a 7 games series

Check the Bruins vs Red Wings series. Last night's game was tight.
Nobody is having a walk in the park. Yeah the Bruins lead the Wings 3-1 but games 1 and 4 where tight

I never said it was a walk in the park, a close win separated by one goal leading to close results. I expect a 7 games series

Nobody is having a walk in the park. Yeah the Bruins lead the Wings 3-1 but games 1 and 4 where tight

If Boston/Marchand could hit the net, these games wouldn't be as close. Right now this is pretty much Boston playing with us while we run around with our heads cut off.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

I think Samyy meant the "even with Budaj in nets" quote. It does sound pretty arrogant.

If the Bruins beat the Wings(which is looking extremely likely right now), I don't think the Habs have a chance if Carey Price plays subpar or if they have Budaj in nets. Tuuka Rask is no Anders Lindback and, outside of game 2, the Habs didn't totally dominate Tampa on the scoresheet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Spoiler alert: Henrik Lundqvist is going to start in goal tonight.

Looks like same lineup as Game 3. Dat Carcillo Effect.

I will be shocked if we take 2 from the Flyers in Philly. Absolutely shocked.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Kreider is skating with the Rangers' extras instead of being completely on his own. Still keeping mostly to himself and just taking one-handed shots, though.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Love this gif :lol

171bf510-cbee-11e3-ab16-db4bd6bb9671_kuY0D1PKtkp7-1-.gif

Clydefrog

lol @ Sutter. reporter asks "how do you feel about going back up to San Jose?"

"we're going back to the cage."

"how do you feel about that?"

"cages are a good thing."

Sanjuro

Hah. They were just playing some highlights on the radio from a Red Wings sports radio call in station. Cracked me up a bit.

Fan: You know, I've seen these guys come back before. It's not game seven, so anything can happen. Take things one game at a time.

Host: ...no, you wish this was game seven

Quick

Banned
I would love to get a Kindle but I need to focus on finishing all the books I've picked up here and there. The purchase would not be justified

I'm debating on getting an eReader, as well. I don't read enough, and I feel like getting one would get me reading more. At the same time, I could end up forgetting about it after a month.

Acid08

Banned
Still kind of pissed about the game last night. It's not like the Sharks even played poorly but I really wanted them to send Stoll and co. packing. It's funny, before this series started I would have been ecstatic to come back to SJ for game 5 up 3-1. But when you're up 3-0 missing that chance to sweep hurts. If the Kings had won game 3 and we had won game 4 to get here I know I would have a totally different attitude toward it too.

I can't decide whether or not to get a dedicated eReader. Everything feels so damn overpriced. I read a lot as it is, and dammit I like having a couple full bookshelves in my house.

Buying an e-reader really got me reading more books than I used to. The thing is just so damn convenient.

I'm debating on getting an eReader, as well. I don't read enough, and I feel like getting one would get me reading more. At the same time, I could end up forgetting about it after a month.

That's my biggest fear. Can't fuck around, especially when I have books sitting here to be read. I just need to get into better habits and read more than when I'm on the train/going to bed. Basically get off the computer more. I don't doubt that e-readers encourage users to read more though. Maybe this summer, depending on how much I'm reading. What is everyone reading right now?

zroid

Banned
Still kind of pissed about the game last night. It's not like the Sharks even played poorly but I really wanted them to send Stoll and co. packing. It's funny, before this series started I would have been ecstatic to come back to SJ for game 5 up 3-1. But when you're up 3-0 missing that chance to sweep hurts. If the Kings had won game 3 and we had won game 4 to get here I know I would have a totally different attitude toward it too.

On the other hand, wrapping up a series at home is its own kind of reward

Clydefrog

oh boo-hoo :p

Getzlaf practiced in the morning and Selanne is confirmed to be in the lineup.

Frederik Andesen will be the starter.

Also Sbisa is in. I'm guessing taking Fistric's place

Giggzy

Getzlaf practiced in the morning and Selanne is confirmed to be in the lineup.

Frederik Andesen will be the starter.

Also Sbisa is in. I'm guessing taking Fistric's place

Good news all around. I hope Sbisa can limit his penalties though... He likes to take stupid fouls.

I just bought my game 7 ticket as I feel this series is going the distance.

That's my biggest fear. Can't fuck around, especially when I have books sitting here to be read. I just need to get into better habits and read more than when I'm on the train/going to bed. Basically get off the computer more. I don't doubt that e-readers encourage users to read more though. Maybe this summer, depending on how much I'm reading. What is everyone reading right now?

Just finished Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clancy and I'm trying to decide between Bourne Identity and The Shining next.

Leaning toward Bourne.

Top Bottom