• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Solo

According to some dude on HFB (I know, loz), there is some university graduation at TD Bank North Garden on Friday, which likely means Hab/Bruins can't start til Saturday May 3.

If true.....they beat Tampa on April 22.

April 23
April 24
April 25
April 26
April 27
April 28
April 29
April 30
May 1
May 2

10 whole days off between games in the playoffs. wat

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't want the game to be Thursday. Pretty insane layoff though. Hope Markov and Emelin will have there batteries recharged.

According to some dude on HFB (I know, loz), there is some university graduation at TD Bank North Garden on Friday, which likely means Hab/Bruins can't start til Saturday May 3.

If true.....they beat Tampa on April 22.

April 23
April 24
April 25
April 26
April 27
April 28
April 29
April 30
May 1
May 2

10 whole days off between games in the playoffs. wat

Yeah, Northeastern does their graduations at TD Garden every year. It's during the afternoon too; don't think they could feasibly play that night because of the time it would take to convert everything and get it ready.

Solo

Yeah, Northeastern does their graduations at TD Garden every year, and it's in the afternoon too, separately for undergrad/grad, so there's no way a game is getting played on Friday.

I'd guess something like:

Sat, May 3 @ Bos
Tues, May 6 @ Bos
Thurs, May 8 @ Mon
Sat, May 10 @ Mon
Mon, May 12 @ Bos
Wed, May 14 @ Mon
Fri, May 16 @ Bos

2 Saturday games

MacAttack

I dont know about any graduation, but Saturday is the only date that I've heard for Game 1 so far.

Solo

I dont know about any graduation, but Saturday is the only date that I've heard for Game 1 so far.

I just wanna see hockey again :(

Not only will the Habs have a gargantuan 10 days off, but the Bruins will have 6 themselves, which is also a large fucking break.

Also, time to bring back an old fav:

2qcpe80fzqu8.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Northeastern does their graduations at TD Garden every year. It's during the afternoon too; don't think they could feasibly play that night because of the time it would take to convert everything and get it ready.

If the graduation was early enough I don't see why they couldn't do like an 8 pm start. I know there were one or two times last season where there were Knicks and Rangers playoff games on the same day at MSG, with only a couple hours to spare between games. Arena crews can be pretty fast.

Seeing articles out of Philly eulogizing the Flyers already. C'mon, guys, you have like a 95% chance of winning Game 6.

Draconian

Dunno whether the Pens have finally got it together or to expect more laughs tonight. Either way Avs/Wild is what I'm looking forward to most.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta root for Lumbus tonight. Mostly because if we're going to be going to be playing on Wednesday then goddammit the other Metro teams better be playing on Wednesday too.

Giggzy

I'm for BJs, Philly (for bracket reasons), and Shorks. Would really love to see them shut LA fans up in their building tonight.

Oh, and Avs as well. Keep forgetting about that series as I can't give any less shits about the Wild

UberTag

Of the 24 unbroken brackets in the GAF pool, only SIX have the four teams with 3-2 advantages ('Lanche, Sharks, Pens and Rangers) projected to win.

Alex#2
FukDat
Mii
Roflobear
Stasis
Swance

Unless one of the underdogs take the last two games of their series, these will be the only guys with unspoiled brackets heading into Round 2.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Kreider is on the ice doing conditioning drills with Scott Arniel.

Dan Girardi is also on the ice for no apparent reason hurling pucks at an MSG tour group.

Yeah I think I'm being silly. Looking back the past couple of years they've played NBA/NHL games same day, but I haven't found one the day before.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. Its certainly the primary focus for me in the second round. But also some interesting matchup possibilities left to be decided.

Interesting but unlikely Metro division second round matchups:
Penguins vs. Flyers
Rangers vs. Blue Jackets

Not very interesting but much more likely Metro division second round matchup:
Penguins vs. Rangers

Huh?? second round matchup:
Flyers vs. Blue Jackets

I'm for BJs, Philly (for bracket reasons), and Shorks. Would really love to see them shut LA fans up in their building tonight.

Oh, and Avs as well. Keep forgetting about that series as I can't give any less shits about the Wild

The Ducks winning in Dallas was pretty glorious how loud their crowd was during the game, chanting Perry sucks and how quiet they were when Anaheim was making the comeback.

Of course, LA fans would probably be quiet anyway, probably left the game before the third period even ends.

Giggzy

The Ducks winning in Dallas was pretty glorious how loud their crowd was during the game, chanting Perry sucks and how quiet they were when Anaheim was making the comeback.

Of course, LA fans would probably be quiet anyway, probably left the game before the third period even ends.

The irony in chanting Hiller's name while Andersen is in net, then granting them their wish and having Hiller stonewall them. Glorious.

The irony in chanting Hiller's name while Andersen is in net, then granting them their wish and having Hiller stonewall them. Glorious.

Anaheim gave the Dallas fans the goaltending they wanted. They also got home goaltending they deserved.

I'm still scared Lehtonen can steal the series. Even though it's over

Giggzy

Ducks-age (I hate you), is Hiller going to be the starter for the next series?

Clydefrog (I love you too), I would have to think Hiller starts Game 1 of this next round. If he falters we will be back to Andersen. It makes me nervous not having a true #1 in net right now.

Roflobear

Of the 24 unbroken brackets in the GAF pool, only SIX have the four teams with 3-2 advantages ('Lanche, Sharks, Pens and Rangers) projected to win.

I'm pretty happy with the bracket I picked. I hope it doesn't all come true though since I have my favorite team losing eventually, but I tried to be realistic. Only thing I think I messed up on was having the Avs go all the way to the final (no offense Avs-GAF). Wish I picked the Ducks or Hawks instead

I think today is a month since the Bob McKenzie tweet

What was the tweet?

I'm pretty happy with the bracket I picked. I hope it doesn't all come true though since I have my favorite team losing eventually, but I tried to be realistic. Only thing I think I messed up on was having the Avs go all the way to the final (no offense Avs-GAF). Wish I picked the Ducks or Hawks instead.

Realistically I never expected more than a second round visit. Too many injuries, too many good western teams, too little experience. Then Barrie got taken out and my expectations have gone from second round visit to just hoping we have a solid showing in whatever games we have left.

Top Bottom