• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Roflobear

Realistically I never expected more than a second round visit. Too many injuries, too many good western teams, too little experience. Then Barrie got taken out and my expectations have gone from second round visit to just hoping we have a solid showing in whatever games we have left.

Yea that Barrie injury is what made me pessimistic about their chances too. Still a great team but I'm not sure how they'll fare against he other powerhouse teams in the west now

That Kreider was going to be out for a month with the hand. But he also added "Possibly Longer"

I'm just gonna treat this like that Staal injury last year during the playoffs and pretend he's out indefinitely. Really hope we get to see him next round should the Rangers advance

zroid

Banned
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 1m

No sign of Vlasic as #SJSharks take the ice.
#want2die

#fuckstoll

272.gif

ZeroGravity

Feels like the NHL has set the precedent that you're free to hit players in the head, just as long as you don't do it in the act of throwing a hit.

Weber smashing Zetterberg's head a couple years ago is another recent example.

ThisAntiqueCopepod.gif

Man, if he missed lifting the puck at the moment of truth there'd be a game 7.

My favorite part is Lehtonen laying down hoping for a whistle, then sitting up when he realizes he doesn't actually have the puck under him.

zroid

Banned
That was such a clutch move by Smtih-Pelly. Sure you could say he got lucky that the puck happened to fall onto his stick, but he had the patience to wait, knowing Lehtonen wasn't in a position to trap it, and there was a good chance it would pop out to the side.

Between him and Daley, pretty good game for black players from Toronto :p

Giggzy

ThisAntiqueCopepod.gif

Man, if he missed lifting the puck at the moment of truth there'd be a game 7.

My favorite part is Lehtonen laying down hoping for a whistle, then sitting up when he realizes he doesn't actually have the puck under him.

Good patience for a young kid like him. I've been happy with his play this series.

Duchene a game-time decision, which means he's playing tonight. I bet the doctors cleared him and they just want to see how he feels after the practice this morning, he's going to say he feels fine.

Man, I wouldn't mind Trevor Daley on my team, dat speed.

DSP was patience, didn't get suckered (and actually Getzlaf wasn't in the pile either, he was manning the point in case Dallas tried to clear)

whoooo what a game.

But that's in the past now. Today, we win for pickles.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Still have a real bad taste from that game 5.

The Wild absolutely had that game if it weren't for the officials fucking them over at every turn. There were at least 2 goals the avs got as a direct result of ref incompetence, and a good 10 minutes of bad penalties or missed penalities.

To have that happen in a pivotal Game 5 in a 2-2 series when you're the team without home advantage.... urgh. The worst

Razorskin

----- ------
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/runaway-beer-blimp-loose-over-new-brunswick-1.2624506

MAQteY6.jpg

Runaway beer blimp loose over New Brunswick
21-metre Budweiser blimp in shape of hockey goal light broke its tether Saturday in Saint John

In the skies over New Brunswick, you may see something unusual — and no, it’s not a bird, a plane or Superman.

A two storey, 21-metre-long Budweiser blimp in the shape of a hockey goal light is loose after breaking from its tether at a Saint John ball hockey tournament Saturday afternoon.

According to Transport Canada’s Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Reporting System (CADOR), the blimp was last reported floating 1,200 to 1,500 metres up.

The report says the blimp was travelling northeast at approximately 11 km/h and is expected to descend somewhere over Sussex, N.B.

It's not clear when the blimp will come back down to earth.

A Notice to Airmen alert was issued for the Moncton airport and the Saint John flight service station, but CADORS does not expect the loose blimp to impact operations.

Good riddance.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Out of curiosity, how would someone watch AHL games through legitimate means if they didn't have something hockeystreams?
Pretty sure the AHL has their own means of streaming, but it's really expensive and not great quality.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Red Wings one looks nice, but the idea behind it is dumb; the others actually relate to the teams' logos/origin/whatever, which makes sense.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's really disappointing. So if you didn't wanna use their streaming, it's either hockeystreams or pirating?
Pretty much, I remember trying to find a way to watch during the lockout, and the official streaming for it is like $200-$300 or something stupid like that, and it's not HD. A lot of the streams are grainy, I'd go with hockeystreams if you really want to watch them.

Top Bottom