• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

ShaneB

Sigh, no Caps sure makes me sad, but plenty of fun matchups in the first round.

Will mainly be interested in hoping the Habs go on a run.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Don Quick

PqEvzyc.png

Acid08

Banned
Let's get some playoff lineups going!

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Havlat
Torres-Pavelski-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-Kennedy
Nieto/Brown

Vlasic-Demers
Stuart-Braun
Irwin-Boyle
Hannan

Niemi
Stalock

Really like this team, especially the forwards. Just a great, deep group. Nieto's mom is battling breast cancer right now so he's with his family. Sounds like they think he'll come back and play but the org is leaving it up to him.

E-DuB

Glorious OT. I have to admit it's kind of nice not to have any of my teams in the playoffs. I can sit back and just watch hockey without any type of emotional investment..
Who am I kidding, this is fucking painful ; - ;

Samyy

Let's get some playoff lineups going!

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Havlat
Torres-Pavelski-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-Kennedy
Nieto/Brown

Vlasic-Demers
Stuart-Braun
Irwin-Boyle
Hannan

Niemi
Stalock

Really like this team, especially the forwards. Just a great, deep group. Nieto's mom is battling breast cancer right now so he's with his family. Sounds like they think he'll come back and play but the org is leaving it up to him.

Not gonna lie man, that tandem makes me nervous.

Acid08

Banned
Not gonna lie man, that tandem makes me nervous.
Yeah, goaltending is the obvious weakness. Niemi has had such an up and down season but Stalock has been consistently great. 24GP .932% 1.87 GAA. If Nemo falters I have full confidence he can come in and be great.

My personal rule is that as a Canadian that I initially root for the Canadian teams in the playoffs (Except for Toronto because centre of the universe you are not)

Then if
when :(
all Canadian teams are out I expect to be entertained by the Americans. So yeah; go Habs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Back to backs for Games 6 and 7? Alright.

Bruins in 6
Lightning in 6
Penguins in 5
Rangers in 7

Avs in 5
Hawks in 6
Ducks in 5
Sharks in 7

Merguson

Banned
I root for the Canadian teams in the playoffs as well. Except for Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Vancouver.

Quick

Banned
My personal rule is that as a Canadian that I initially root for the Canadian teams in the playoffs (Except for Toronto because centre of the universe you are not)

Then if
when :(
all Canadian teams are out I expect to be entertained by the Americans. So yeah; go Habs.

ibcNvOKoESTFR2.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No idea what the forward lines will look like for the Habs aside from DD's line. Therrien has lots of options with Eller, Briere, Prust, and White all being centers.

D pairings will be

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Weaver

Aside from Murray, that's a pretty solid D core, especially with Emelin's game picking up again over the last month.

Quick

Banned
Heretic's simp book is super effective.

iP8JMHat2PCcD.jpg

Gonna have to read Kuro's book to help me cope not making the playoffs.

iG2dOtNAAKU6e.jpg

Cat Party

This new bracket system is kind of a bummer. Knowing that Anaheim is waiting no matter what is kind of shitty.

So, go Stars?

SpacLock

Wings in 3!

WOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!

Edit: I'm too superstitious to actually make legitimate picks. Can't wait until Wednesday!

Boston in 7

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Random stat:

Preds are the first NHL team in history to go an entire season without allowing a shorthanded goal. So they have that going for them.

Awesome OP!!!!

Fucking stoked for the yoffs!!!!!!! I don't know how much of the first round I will be able to watch outside of the Hawks (going to need to have some self discipline here) which sucks asshole but I'm excited none the less. Please let Philly and Pens play each other in a round

Amazing thread! Hope it's home for more than one round!!!

Let's go, Ducks!!!

"Dallas went 2-1-0 vs. the Ducks this season, with the oddity that Dan Ellis (now with Florida) was in goal for both wins and Jack Campbell was in goal for the loss. Kari Lehtonen has yet to play against Anaheim this season. If you want a stat to hang your hat on, Lehtonen this season was 11-0-3 against the other Pacific Division teams with a 1.48 GAA and a .950 save percentage."

Dat Lehtonen guy is pretty good. Could be the a Ducks dominating all game long with only a goal to show for it

Drensch

Hello lurking Avs fans. Let's have a moment here.Now, I know you're all afraid to post because you're afraid of being called a band wagoner. While that title may be fitting to some, we all know that there are fans out there who watch every game but choose not to post in the regular NHL threads on this board. Lets face it, there are a lot of assholes to deal with in here. I'm here to tell you that your fears are holding you back from greatness. Your fears are holding us back from greatness. The Canucks fucking suck again, the Leafs continue to be the Leafs, us Avs fans have a real chance to claim the circlejerk throne now. Join me, Fatalmoose, that guy who is bros with Tabris and some other people I don't really remember. Together we can claim our rightful throne, together we can piss off the rest of NHL GAF. Together we can fill this place with more sodium than Ken Hitchcock and Bruce Boudreau's fat white jiggly bodies combined. The Avs have gotten their shit together, don't we owe them the same?

aKe2I.gif

I've been REALLY slack about my movie watching in the past 6 months or so. Just finally got around to watching The Wolf of Wall Street and Dallas Buyers Club.

I thought DBC was a pretty weak film carried completely by the two lead performances. Wall Street on the other hand I absolutely loved and think it might be my favorite Scorsese/Leo collab yet.

Good film! I've been stuck on watching Vikings, so my movie watching has also diminished.

"Dallas went 2-1-0 vs. the Ducks this season, with the oddity that Dan Ellis (now with Florida) was in goal for both wins and Jack Campbell was in goal for the loss. Kari Lehtonen has yet to play against Anaheim this season. If you want a stat to hang your hat on, Lehtonen this season was 11-0-3 against the other Pacific Division teams with a 1.48 GAA and a .950 save percentage."

Dat Lehtonen guy is pretty good. Could be the a Ducks dominating all game long with only a goal to show for it

These are the sorts of things that worry me. I'm just hoping that Perry ramps it up and that the refs don't hate us too much too early.

God knows how much we need Perry this postseason to actually show up.

Boudreau's also gotta knock that taint of postseason failure off. The boys will want to for him, I just know it. Getzlaf has GOTTA steer this ship the right way, and with Teemu and Koivu being there, I'm sure they will.

#Cup4Koivu

Top Bottom