• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Except for when you're trying to trash talk other teams, then you dig as far back as needed while ignoring the tatters your team is currently in. Compartmentalization!

Somehow those tatters of a team made it into the yoff's, no idea how nor should they be, but they did (pretty much thanks to our future/youth playing, well mostly Nyquist/Tatar).

Hey, I'm not complaining. Somehow managed to take 3/4 points from your team as well this year.

Yeah, we also lost 8-2 to Edmonton one time this year. Tend to play down to shitty opponents.
8 of 8 East playoff teams had winning records against the West and only 7 of 8 (Dallas) West teams had winning records vs the East this season. Just sayin'.

Leave it to Dallas to fuck up a good thing.

edit: It was 8-2.

No kidding.

So who's rocking the playoff beard this year guys?

I'm starting tomorrow!

Have some very friendly stubble going on at the moment though. But I'm not gonna cheat.

Are you the bro who tried to fight me at Canadian Tire Centre in November? I was inquiring into the whereabouts of Alfie and all I got was salt. Weird huh.

Throwing down some money on Dallas so naturally the Ducks will win. You're welcome, Ducks bros.

I... T-Thanks?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
From a storyline point of view, the most entertaining path in the East for the Rangers would be Flyers -> Blue Jackets -> Lightning. Archnemeses, Rangers West, and The MSL Affair.

I'm generously putting the odds of this scenario playing out around 1%.

Everybody, post some of your teams propoganda!

hQ2PjGH.jpg

Also, on the East vs West yoff talk

Western Playoff Team Collective Record Against the East
154-74-28

Eastern Playoff Team Collective Record Against the West
118-81-25

Not even Dallas' losing record can bring us down.

Im going to with Detroit over Boston in 7.

No one in the current org is responsible for the move. Why are you still bitter. Get over it holy shit.

I think Benn's a piece of shit goon. Garbutt and Fiddler aren't any better.

I love the old North Stars uniforms and the history of them and think its absolute bullshit that you guys retired those numbers and count their history as your own but could not care less about the owner and the move. I've gotten over it. I love the Wild.

I ain't bitter, son.

Marbie mack me ah new avatar!!!!!

That's pretty cool Meta

:lol Crazed

That's about as good as it gets right now, the stuff on the main page isn't really propaganda worthy.

#WhyNotUs sounds like the cry of being defeated already

"I mean, like, yeah we're an NHL team in the playoffs so like... Why not, right?"

That's still a cool display though. Especially if they have the roster hanging everywhere.

http://abload.de/img/bkqaywbiyaancjhfpjed.jpg[IMG]

Eh. Presented by Chase.

[SPOILER]MSL is adorably tiny in that pic.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I know who gets to play the Hobbit after he retires from the NHL
[quote="Dastardly Jerks, post: 108138123"]
"I mean, like, yeah we're an NHL team in the playoffs so like... Why not, right?"
[/QUOTE]

Been the team motto all year breh. Got us this far.

Acid08

Banned
Avalanche vs Wild in 5
Blues vs Hawks in 6
Ducks vs Stars in 5
Sharks vs Kings in 7

Bruins vs Wings in 4
Canadiens vs Lightning in 6
Penguins vs Blue Jackets in 5
Rangers vs Flyers in 7

In the GAF bracket I picked Sharks to win the Cup so... sorry Sharks fans!

#Cup4Jumbo

Best matchup: Tampa vs San Jose
Worst matchip: Detroit vs LA

Tampa SJ would be super entertaining. I think I'd like Philly vs SJ too.

Everybody, post some of your teams propoganda!

hQ2PjGH.jpg

1901230_645698735477387_8361760406432944037_n.jpg

You mean to tell me that Colorado has a hockey team?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...avalanche-playoff-run-with-burgandy-blue-week

But seriously, it's about goddamn time this place starts appreciating what they have.

https://soundcloud.com/denverairport/avalanche-dia-train-call-4-14

I still can't believe we won the division, even a couple weeks ago I said I hope we just make it interesting.

So many injuries right now though, wonder what's up with Hejda. :(

Mr.Green

Sorry I'm late.

Broons in 5
Blue Jackets in 7 (Fuck the fucking Penguins and all their fucking bandwagoners. Playoffs spirit right there.)
Habs in 7 (I let my heart do the talking but I ain't so sure about this one. Hold me Habs-age)
Rangers in 6

Avs in 5
Ducks in 5
Blues in 7
Shorks in 6

pringles

Except for when you're trying to trash talk other teams, then you dig as far back as needed while ignoring the tatters your team is currently in. Compartmentalization!
If the Wings are in tatters, those are the best looking tatters I've seen. And we didn't even have to tank for years to get our young talent like a certain other formerly great team has done.

Giggzy

So how do I convince my old lady that I can't see her over the next month? Unless of course I convince her to watch hockey everyday with me(not going to happen).

Top Bottom