• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Cake Boss

Banned
Well when your team is all defense and no offense, you have a good shot of pulling off this feat.

But Alfie needs your love!!!

#Cup4Alfie

744933.gif

DAT GOT last night...soooo goood.

Curufinwe

So 8 teams from the East and 8 teams from the West made the top 16 this season, but...

Average points for East = 99.125

Average points for West = 105.75

And these would have been the playoffs if we still seeded the conferences 1 thru 8.

Bos-Det
Pit-Col
TB-Phi
Mon-NYR

Ana-Dal
Col- Min
StL-LA
SJ-Chi

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
BOS in 7
MTL in 6
PIT in 5
PHI in 6

COL in 6
CHI in 5
ANA in 4
LAK in 7

I don't really care who wins(except the Wings, fuck Alfie), but I guess I'll be rooting for the Bruins, BJ's and Flyers in the east and the Shorks and maybe the Stars in the west.

Cake Boss

Banned
BOS in 7
MTL in 6
PIT in 5
PHI in 6

COL in 6
CHI in 5
ANA in 4
LAK in 7

I don't really care who wins(except the Wings, fuck Alfie), but I guess I'll be rooting for the Bruins, BJ's and Flyers in the east and the Shorks and maybe the Stars in the west.

On the Chris Kelly and Chara bandwagon, fuck Alfuck!

The tears will flow when Alfie hoists that cup over his head this year, it will be glorious!!!

We'll be lucky to win a game or two in the first round

calder

Avalanche vs Wild in 5
Blues vs Hawks in 6
Ducks vs Stars in 5
Sharks vs Kings in 7

Bruins vs Wings in 4
Canadiens vs Lightning in 6
Penguins vs Blue Jackets in 5
Rangers vs Flyers in 7

In the GAF bracket I picked Sharks to win the Cup so... sorry Sharks fans!

trifelife

fuck Alfuck!

Are you the bro who tried to fight me at Canadian Tire Centre in November? I was inquiring into the whereabouts of Alfie and all I got was salt. Weird huh.

Throwing down some money on Dallas so naturally the Ducks will win. You're welcome, Ducks bros.

kingslunk

No kidding.

So who's rocking the playoff beard this year guys?

I'm shaving Wednesday morning and keeping it until the Stars lose.

Stars/Avs get zero love in the new NHL playoff hype video. Not a single image of either teams.

Picking philly to win the east.

I'm shaving Wednesday morning and keeping it until the Stars lose.

Stars/Avs get zero love in the new NHL playoff hype video. Not a single image of either teams.

Picking philly to win the east.

Par for the course, really. East to get even more ballwashing because the Wings are over there now.

ShaneB

Was reminded that 2 years ago we had that dreadful Kings vs Devils finals. So that made me think, what is the worst possible outcome for a finals matchup in your opinion?

Was reminded that 2 years ago we had that dreadful Kings vs Devils finals. So that made me think, what is the worst possible outcome for a finals matchup in your opinion?

Pittsburgh v.s Chicago for me personally.

Worst when it comes to entertainment is Columbus v.s Minnesota.

Giggzy

I want Philly to win the east as well. I don't know if they can, but I rate their chances higher than anyone else besides the bruins. How did Philly matchup vs Boston this season?

Samyy

I want Philly to win the east as well. I don't know if they can, but I rate their chances higher than anyone else besides the bruins. How did Philly matchup vs Boston this season?

Not well
Think it went 3-0 in Boston's favour. Two of the games we're fairly one sided IMO.

kingslunk

Im going to with Detroit over Boston in 7.

Best: Minnesota vs Tampa - I would be quite happy either way. Obviously more if the Wild won.

Worst: Dallas vs anybody. Fuck those guys.

No one in the current org is responsible for the move. Why are you still bitter. Get over it holy shit.

ShaneB

Good responses so far!

I think the worst for me would be something like Kings vs Red Wings/Boston. Just teams I do not care about at all. Any other team coming out of the west would interest me more, and the east I guess I could pick a bunch I don't care to see in the finals, but those two stick out.

Solo

Worst: Columbus vs Minnesota
zzzzzzzzzz

Best: Montreal vs LA.
Kings win Game 1 and are up late in Game 2 when Therrien gets a cocaine stick measurement on Jeff Carter, which is found to be illegal and Carter gets a penalty. Habs score to tie it and win in OT and never look back winning the series 4-1 in dat 1993 Cup final redux.

Top Bottom