• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Kifimbo

Montreal once again dodged a bullet with Vinny.

Briere wasn't a good move either, but it's still less money and a shorter contract.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Um... ref watches as the avs player takes a shot at a wild player's jaw (didn't see who it was), Wild player doesn't retaliate doesn't give a penalty?

Um... ref watches as the avs player takes a shot at a wild player's jaw (didn't see who it was), Wild player doesn't retaliate doesn't give a penalty?

Yeah it was a crosscheck to the chest(not jaw from what I could tell) but they don't call those in the playoffs. At least, not usually.

Acid08

Banned
I hate that Jumbo said he expects this to be a 2-1 game. Makes it seem like they're going to try to play like the Kings do which isn't how we can beat them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
A part of me wanted the Habs to sign him, really dodged a bullet there. At least Briere as raised his game in the playoffs so far.

I wanted Montreal to sign him to a two year deal, thought he'd be better than Briere. Really glad we dodged a bullet there.

boxter432

Yeah it was a crosscheck to the chest(not jaw from what I could tell) but they don't call those in the playoffs. At least, not usually.

nah he's talking about the push/punch to the face after the whistle RIGHT in front of the ref who is starting at it. ref said something but ate his whistle, per usual.

edit: crap, switched channel for 20 seconds and Avs score...

I hate the Rags, I hate the Pens, I diskike the Bruisn but respect them, the Habs play boring ass defense/counter attack but they are my home town... hmmm I dislike you less

Cheer for us, Hawks fans. I demand it as a payment on your debt for the favor we did you a few years ago by beating the Dallas Stars in the last game of the season and thus pushing you guys into the playoffs while also hurting our draft position by one pick.

I DEMAND IT

Why wouldn't I want the Hawks to play you guys over COL?

And ffs, wild.

nah he's talking about the push/punch to the face after the whistle RIGHT in front of the ref who is starting at it. ref said something but ate his whistle, per usual.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about.

Refs won't call that unless it starts getting super chippy and uncalled for. This one really wasn't that bad compared to others. Of course I'd be happy with a penalty though.

Curufinwe

Is this an accurate Flyers year-by-year recap?

Lose in finals while getting torn a new one by Patrick Sharp. Patrick Kane clinches the series.
Trade Carter and Richards away after season.
Pronger has career ending injury. Carter and Richards (and Gagne) win the cup.
Miss the playoffs.
Carcillo scores big goal to help defeat Philly game 7.

tumblr_mipc8urZk71s4ehdgo1_500.gif

Curufinwe

I wanted Montreal to sign him to a two year deal, thought he'd be better than Briere. Really glad we dodged a bullet there.

I should point out that he was never the same after his back fracture in December. If he went somewhere else that probably doesn't happen and he scores 50 points.

ZeroGravity

I should point out that he was never the same after his back fracture in December. If he went somewhere else that probably doesn't happen and he scores 50 points.
Injuries have been his downfall for years. Every time he starts looking like the old Vinny, he gets hurt and can't get his game back. Biggest risk of signing him.

Solid period, besides the refs. I have an anatomy test tomorrow on Nervous system, Sensory system and Reproductive. So I'll be spending my intermissions making sure I have things memorized. :p

MacAttack

How is everyone managing watching both games?

I'm flipping between channels but i feel like I'd be better off choosing one or the other.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So NHL-GAF, what kind of soup should I have? Chicken noodle, homestyle chicken noodle, or chunky chicken noodle?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How is everyone managing watching both games?

I'm flipping between channels but i feel like I'd be better off choosing one or the other.

I've got Sharks/LA on primarily, flipping to Avs/Wild during commercials. The former has the 3-0 collapse factor going for it.

Top Bottom