• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Sanjuro

FIVE FIST PUMPS! Yesssss

Everyone always trashes poor Rene Rancourt.
The dude fist pumps after his anthems. That excuses his singing.

It's not like he is singing anything that needs to be quality. He does it better than probably 90% of the national renditions.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This map is great. And no, I wasn't expecting anything else; I just find it amusing.

xvfIP2C.png

Connecticut... smh

I don't know if it's his personality. It's the way he plays though. Rarely do you see him driving the net or shooting the puck because he decided he isn't that type of player. So his teammates just see him trying to force passes and turning pucks over. He needs to be more than a one dimensional player because he definitely has the skill to be more.

Would much rather a guy like Pavelski wear the C right now. A guy who does it all and isn't afraid to do what needs to be done.

Maybe it's because Thornton is more of a passer than a scorer? It's kind of like comparing Kesler to Henrik. Both are leaders with lots of heart but you'll rarely see Henrik score a last-minute tying goal; he's more likely to set it up.

Acid08

Banned
Maybe it's because Thornton is more of a passer than a scorer? It's kind of like comparing Kesler to Henrik. Both are leaders with lots of heart but you'll rarely see Henrik score a last-minute tying goal; he's more likely to set it up.
Well he definitely is more of a passer. That's his game and it won't change but he's so gigantic and has such a great shot. If he would just take what he can get instead of forcing passes I think he would be much more effective in the playoffs. Right now everyone knows his tendencies and how to shut him down and he never changes it up.

Sanjuro

Well he definitely is more of a passer. That's his game and it won't change but he's so gigantic and has such a great shot. If he would just take what he can get instead of forcing passes I think he would be much more effective in the playoffs. Right now everyone knows his tendencies and how to shut him down and he never changes it up.

Nice Joes finish last.

Like I mentioned before, I like Thornton. Just when it comes playoff time, he is a headcase.

Sanjuro

Bruins/Habs-Age,

Would any of you guys be up for a meet-up to watch the game? I'm not sure I'm up for the crazy ticket prices, but at a pub or something? I have a ton of free time coming up.

I think goaltending is their only real weakness. Andersen is good and Hiller can be good but better than how Quick has been playing? No way. Defense too, wouldn't say it's the Ducks' strength. Your whole team needs to be lights out to beat the Kings when they're playing with so much confidence.

Also kill Stoll.

Somehow he's smashed heads over the years and barely any trouble.

We'll try. Maybe it'd be easier to just beat the Kings in the series and have a meeting with Stoll in an alley after the series is over

Sanjuro

Thanks, NBC's Outdoor Life Network.

Thanks for showing me people dribbling basketballs and telling me sports matter.

DICKS SPORTS

DICKS

Top Bottom