• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Barring any unforeseen circumstance, Henrik Lundqvist is going to set a new Rangers franchise record for most playoff appearances in this series with the Penguins. He is currently 3 behind Mike Richter for the top spot.

Lundqvist is now 4-1 in his career in Game 7's (3-0 at MSG) with a 1.00 GAA, a .963 SV%, and one shutout. That puts him tied for first all-time in Game 7 GAA among all goalies with at least 3 Game 7 appearances.

He's also 7-2 with a 1.43 GAA, a .951 SV%, and three shutouts in the last 9 games in which the Rangers have faced elimination. That includes a 6-0 record with a 0.98 GAA, a .965 SV%, and two shutouts at Madison Square Garden.

Hopefully the team in front of him will be able to pull their weight one day and actually get him to the Cup someday. It's hard to be much more clutch than those numbers.

Canadiens vs. Bruins - Bruins in 7. They matched up well in the regular season but Boston is too deep and experienced. Habs will need more from their top line.
Rangers vs. Penguins - Penguins in 6. Rangers should benefit from a less-physical series but they didn't get much offence from their top guys. They have the edge in net but Pittsburgh is better-rested.

Kings vs. Ducks - Kings in 7. The Ducks are similar to the Sharks, who the Kings just beat. Hiller will need to steal a game or two to keep this series close.
Wild vs. Hawks - Hawks in 5 - Huge question mark for the Wild in net. Bryzgalov was yanked for Kuemper who's now injured. Hawks are rolling along just fine.

geeko

Had a night to sit on that lost and I still don't feel any better about it. That was embarrassing and pathetic. There is not enough salt in the ocean to show hpw bitter I am at the sharks. Fuck man.... fuck.

zroid

Banned
Had a night to sit on that lost and I still don't feel any better about it. That was embarrassing and pathetic. There is not enough salt in the ocean to show hpw bitter I am at the sharks. Fuck man.... fuck.

We Leaf fans will always be here to make you feel better about yourselves and your team when things look bleak

Fucking Sharks.

How do you get a 3 to none lead in the series and then lose? Amazing.

At the bar there was a big screen but it had the SF Giants on it. I wanted to switch to Sharks so I asked if anyone was watching it. And some guys were. They asked what I wanted to watch (Sharks). They said "Pffft . . . they'll choke. They always do."

GodDamnedRight.gif.

TrueGrime

I knew Mason was getting help.

HFX1BhE.gif

Acid08

Banned
Good news. Need as many healthy players as possible. Once Vlasic went down, Sharks never recovered

Stoll injured Cam Fowler before. Concussion I think? He didn't even get a penalty I believe
Brad Stuart first pairing defenseman *vomit*

And Stoll injured Ian White a few years ago too. Good luck to you guys, you're gonna need it. Kings are out for blood.

Roflobear

Apparently coming back from down 3 games in a series only happened once in baseball and never in basketball. So Sharks were only the 5th team to blow that lead in any of the major sports

UberTag

Apparently coming back from down 3 games in a series only happened once in baseball and never in basketball. So Sharks were only the 5th team to blow that lead in any of the major sports
At least when Boston blew their lead their team was half-crippled.

Cat Party

Welp, the dream is dead for another year, but I'm not gonna dwell on it.

I'm gonna pull for the Penguins now, because I love watching people get upset when the best player in the world succeeds.

Quick

Banned
Good luck young man! You have my support, my mojo, and my semen sample.

Now I'm off to miss Game 1 while I attempt to wine and dine and smang some Tinder harlot. Adieu!

Tempted to try Tinder.

I wouldn't want to link it to my Facebook account though.

Sanjuro

Tempted to try Tinder.

I was skeptical too. I don't really use it much (I don't use Facebook either in fact) as it's a major battery waste on mobile devices, but it doesn't effect anything on the Facebook side of things.

It tells you if you have common friends or likes with another person. That's it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Sharks.

How do you get a 3 to none lead in the series and then lose? Amazing.

At the bar there was a big screen but it had the SF Giants on it. I wanted to switch to Sharks so I asked if anyone was watching it. And some guys were. They asked what I wanted to watch (Sharks). They said "Pffft . . . they'll choke. They always do."

GodDamnedRight.gif.
Looooool!

All the teams I wanted to win lost...go...I dunno...Minnesota?

Any of the 8 teams left could win and none of it would really surprise me, I mean, maybe the Wild feel like the only underdog at this point still.

That's what makes it all exciting. I didn't see the Wild beating the Avs.

A lot of people are picking the Kings too. Just won 4 in a row, Quick playing lights out. Ducks are the underdogs.

And from what I read on HFBoards, big question marks for the Ducks. Lack of forward depth, terrible defense and laughable goaltending. The coach is bad and Ducks fans should feel bad.

I hope the misconception stays. Ducks are underdogs. Take us very lightly

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally some hockey. I know the Habs can beat the Bruins but realistically I don't expect it to happen. Glad they made it past the first round, and I'm hoping for a great 6-7 game series now.

The Habs might get lucky against Boston but theres no chance they win a cup.
Not against LA/Hawks
If they get past the Bruins anything is possible as the Bruins are arguably the best team in the league.

Tempted to try Tinder.

It just uses pictures from your facebook, it never posts anything to it though.

zroid

Banned
I think over their last 4 games the Kings have looked to be quite easily the best in the playoffs so far. Quick in particular looks unstoppable atm. We all know goalie performance can change on a dime though, so anything can happen. Both Boston and Chicago have the ability to match the Kings' current level, I believe.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hockey!!!!

And I get to watch tonight too. I don't think game one will set a tone for the series or anything, but I just hope Montreal can avoid getting involved in after the whistle stuff tonight.

Acid08

Banned
That's what makes it all exciting. I didn't see the Wild beating the Avs.

A lot of people are picking the Kings too. Just won 4 in a row, Quick playing lights out. Ducks are the underdogs.

And from what I read on HFBoards, big question marks for the Ducks. Lack of forward depth, terrible defense and laughable goaltending. The coach is bad and Ducks fans should feel bad.

I hope the misconception stays. Ducks are underdogs. Take us very lightly

I think goaltending is their only real weakness. Andersen is good and Hiller can be good but better than how Quick has been playing? No way. Defense too, wouldn't say it's the Ducks' strength. Your whole team needs to be lights out to beat the Kings when they're playing with so much confidence.

Also kill Stoll.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What's the longest layoff a team has had in the playoffs. Really curious to see how the team comes out of the gate tonight. I think it will be really strong.

Sanjuro

What's the longest layoff a team has had in the playoffs. Really curious to see how the team comes out of the gate tonight. I think it will be really strong.

I feel like the real game is going to happen when the players tangle at the greasy spoon restaurants post game.

...and the radio has just changed to Joe Thornton talk. Poor bastard.

Top Bottom