• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MacAttack

I feel like the real game is going to happen when the players tangle at the greasy spoon restaurants post game.

...and the radio has just changed to Joe Thornton talk. Poor bastard.
CSNNE said:
In 8 elimination games for San Jose, Thornton has 1 goal, is a -8, and has taken only 20 shots.
I honestly think Joe doesn't have the personality to lead a team and with his contract he has to be that guy. Feel the same way about Kessel and Seguin. Highly talented players but not someone the team can rally around. Bergeron and Toews are good examples of the type of players I'd prefer to build a team around.

Bruins in 5. I expect a Budaj sighting at some point.

zroid

Banned
apparently there's going to be a 60 minute summary/clip-show of the entire first round on TSN2 from 7-8 tonight. definitely PVRing that!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Moen in for Bournival, and the D stays the same. Thank fuck Therrien didn't put Murray in.

Roflobear

Cheering for the Bruins because they seem best able to beat the Pens should they advance. If rangers advance it'd be the best test of skill to get past them too

TrueGrime

Going to miss this one tonight, will miss the Ranger game tomorrow, and probably Saturday games due to the odyssey of my GF's graduation theatrics spanning several days.

Sigh.

Sanjuro

Going to miss this one tonight, will miss the Ranger game tomorrow, and probably Saturday games due to the odyssey of my GF's graduation theatrics spanning several days.

Sigh.

Feels bad man. I was going through a terrible juncture myself last season during the playoffs. Stripped of a lot of great moments.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kenny Albert, lol. NBC really doesn't give two fucks about Canadian teams.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm somehow just realizing that a large contingent of Habs-GAF wasn't here for the last few series between these two. Enjoy, and may the most disciplined team win!

Acid08

Banned
I honestly think Joe doesn't have the personality to lead a team and with his contract he has to be that guy. Feel the same way about Kessel and Seguin. Highly talented players but not someone the team can rally around. Bergeron and Toews are good examples of the type of players I'd prefer to build a team around.

Bruins in 5. I expect a Budaj sighting at some point.
I don't know if it's his personality. It's the way he plays though. Rarely do you see him driving the net or shooting the puck because he decided he isn't that type of player. So his teammates just see him trying to force passes and turning pucks over. He needs to be more than a one dimensional player because he definitely has the skill to be more.

Would much rather a guy like Pavelski wear the C right now. A guy who does it all and isn't afraid to do what needs to be done.

BY2K

Membero Americo
C5YAAyY.jpg

cube444

Best part of these playoffs is the fantasy of Solo all lubed up and ready to tug on that little purple helmeted soldier of his.

God, wish I was that Kleenex.

UberTag

Everyone always trashes poor Rene Rancourt.
The dude fist pumps after his anthems. That excuses his singing.

Anyhow, before this series starts, I want to go on record... HABS FANS ARE AWESOME! I love you guys.
Unfortunately, it is now time for us to go to war once again.

Top Bottom